beyer T50p: beyerdynamic Announces The T50p Portable Tesla Headphones
Jun 20, 2010 at 10:41 PM Post #316 of 866

Quote:
The pre-order price at both Mingos and dma-audio is around HK$2280. dma-audio is also in Mongkok. (Unit 233, 2/F., Sim City, No.47-51 Shantung Street).

Thanks for this.  I guess it works out a little bit cheaper than the pre-order price of US$299 and the added bonus of no sales taxes when it arrives at your door.
smile_phones.gif
  I'll have to check these out one day becauseI just bought a pair of ATH-WS70 last week.
redface.gif

Jun 20, 2010 at 10:59 PM Post #317 of 866

Quote:
The pre-order price at both Mingos and dma-audio is around HK$2280. dma-audio is also in Mongkok. (Unit 233, 2/F., Sim City, No.47-51 Shantung Street).

I forgot to ask, do you know if their prices on the web are the same as in the store?  Does dma provide any free shipping (not able to find the English website)?  The price of the WS70 is a little bit cheaper than what I paid for mine.
frown.gif
  Have you ever been to the store?  What is the store set up like, do they have a lot of demos to try out?

Thanks again.

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #318 of 866
Oh, you know shopping in Hong Kong. If it's a hot item, they won't bulge; otherwise ask for the typical cash discount; there are other bargaining tactics sometimes. DMA-Audio is pretty small, they probably only have one T50p demo, but traffic isn't that heavy, and they will turn down the Ferguson speakers blaring Eason Chan for your demo 
smile_phones.gif

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #319 of 866

Quote:
Oh, you know shopping in Hong Kong. If it's a hot item, they won't bulge; otherwise ask for the typical cash discount; there are other bargaining tactics sometimes. DMA-Audio is pretty small, they probably only have one T50p demo, but traffic isn't that heavy, and they will turn down the Ferguson speakers blaring Eason Chan for your demo 
smile_phones.gif

Thanks for your information.  You have been very helpful and it's good to have someone knowledgeable with the HK market to help us newbies out.  I'm a rookie in terms of headphones and shopping in HK, so your help is really appreciated.

You are so accurate with the no budging comment.  Most things that are not manufactured in Asia will have fairly firm prices set.  It's a good thing that most of the time, those prices are reasonable to start with at least.

Expect some more questions from me on anything here going forward.
o2smile.gif

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #320 of 866
So they are released in HK. I wonder what's keeping the rest of the world from getting shipment? To be honest I'm having second thoughts with my pre-order. I'm just asking here, not whinging or anything; but this is seriously long wait.

Jun 25, 2010 at 7:27 AM Post #322 of 866
Not release, the distributor was apologizing  for missing May, no firm release date yet. I wonder how the rest of the world is doing. 

Jun 25, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #323 of 866
On Beyerdynamics website it says delivery 8-10 weeks now....So we are in September before they are released for sale. 
I still can't stop wondering about what reason this postponement has 
cool.gif

Jun 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #324 of 866
I just got a notice from UPS shipping notice from soundearphones.  And since I only have the T50p I'm waiting on from them, I can only assume that it's coming.  But such lousy timing.  I paid for next day air and they ship it today when I won't be in the office.  I'm going to have to patiently wait till Monday.  Would have been lovely to have them over the weekend to test out.

Jun 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #325 of 866
I just got them in!

And my initial reaction is that it is underwhelming.  Maybe I'm not the best person to write a proper response, but they sound horrible.  These don't sound good for even 50 dollar cans.  I'm hoping some good old burn in will heavily improve these, but I dislike theses (so far) more than I disliked the HD555's.

If anyone has had experience otherwise let me know.  I don't know if it's a synergy thing.  So far I tried it with an RSA P51 Mustang and the Glite.

Jun 28, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #326 of 866

Quote:
Region2 said:

I don't know if it's a synergy thing.  So far I tried it with an RSA P51 Mustang and the Glite.

Maybe unamped? They should be alright without. And to be fair to beyer, could you please elaborate on bits that you particularly don't like? Those are pretty harsh words for a new product, regardless burned in or not.

Jun 28, 2010 at 2:23 PM Post #327 of 866
Just a bit of news about availability here in the UK on the Beyerdynamic T50P.  We just received a very small amount of stock (6 units).  We're not sure when the next batch arrives.

FYI, we wrote a little comparison review of the Beyerdynamic T50P v B&W P5.  Our favourite is definitely the T50p for the additional clarity it offers.  The P5 is too warm and mushy for my tastes.

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #328 of 866
Hmmmm...no word on mine shipping...

Jun 28, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #330 of 866

Quote:
Just a bit of news about availability here in the UK on the Beyerdynamic T50P.  We just received a very small amount of stock (6 units).  We're not sure when the next batch arrives.

FYI, we wrote a little comparison review of the Beyerdynamic T50P v B&W P5.  Our favourite is definitely the T50p for the additional clarity it offers.  The P5 is too warm and mushy for my tastes.

Hey! Thanks for those impressions. Clarity and tight bass!! I am glad to read that. I am so hoping mine will arrive within the next three weeks - these would be perfect beach-headphones for the summer holidays. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back