Beyer Dynamics DT880 Alternatives?
Jun 7, 2011 at 1:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

psych

New Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
I love the way they sound, and the comfort level is great with velour pads.
Unfortunately, the right headphone appears to not be matching the volume coming through the left. I'm looking to see if this can be fixed, but am also wondering about any alternative phones I could buy to use in the meantime.

My budget would be £300 and it would have to match the comfort of the 880's. I'd like something with a neutral, analytical sound.

Jun 7, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #3 of 7
I've been reading about DT 880's and I saw this problem mentioned before. I remember something about being able to get the factory to ensure that your drivers were matched... perhaps? I dunno, hopefully somebody more knowledgeable will chime in. 

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
My budget would be £300 and it would have to match the comfort of the 880's. I'd like something with a neutral, analytical sound.

Maybe take a look at the new Shure SRH940s

http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/headphones/srh940-professional-reference-headphones

I own the SRH840s and have been looking at the DT880 as an alternative to the SRH940s as an upgrade since one of my earlobes sticks out a bit and hits the bottom of the grille.  If you don't have that issue the two phones seem to have a lot in common, although the SRH940s are fully closed back.  I've seen review descriptions of both Shures as neutral and analytical.  That is how I would describe my 840s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back