beyer dt250/250 vs srh840 amped
May 29, 2011 at 8:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

punks15

500+ Head-Fier
hello just some newbie want to upgrade his rigs
this will probably the last closed i'll buy considering my budget...
so the title says it all which is better when amped? ( rec me a good amp too for each phones )
Beyer DT250/250 vs Beyer DT250/80 vs Shure srh840?
i listen mainly to vocal with a bit techno touch ( KOTOKO, utada hikaru, sweetbox )
thank you !
p.s bass is the last thing i care

May 31, 2011 at 11:04 AM Post #4 of 8
I haven't heard the Beyers yet, but from what I've read they're an excellent choice.  The Shures are exceptional too, as are the D1100.  It's hard to hard to suggest just one as they're very good.  Hmm, I would lean more toward the Shures for its very smooth lush presention, detachbale cord, foldable design and that it's efficient enough to play well without an external amplifier.  For an amp recommendation, I can whole hearted say that the Shures are exceptional out of Fiio's E9.

May 31, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #5 of 8

The Beyer is excellent, but it's a real studio monitor phone....I'd never categorize it as smooth and lush. But very 'neutral' and accurate to my ears....doesn't add any color. Never heard the Shure.
Quote:
I haven't heard the Beyers yet, but from what I've read they're an excellent choice.  The Shures are exceptional too, as are the D1100.  It's hard to hard to suggest just one as they're very good.  Hmm, I would lean more toward the Shures for its very smooth lush presention, detachbale cord, foldable design and that it's efficient enough to play well without an external amplifier.  For an amp recommendation, I can whole hearted say that the Shures are exceptional out of Fiio's E9.

May 31, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #6 of 8
I have had both.  The Shures do sound excellent, but I found them bland and uninspiring.  While the Beyers are studio cans, I find them exciting, musical, and fun.  Really, though, it's hard to know which you would prefer of them--they are both great.

May 31, 2011 at 4:00 PM Post #7 of 8
well my shure srh840 sounds phenomenal out of a proper source. haven't tried the beyer though.

Jun 1, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #8 of 8
well i just got a second hand srh840. luckily i was able to hear all of those three cans before i buy them. now i'm in search for amp to make the vocal lush and more engaging
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back