Better sound quality than iPod?
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jouho

New Head-Fier
Hi, I ordered Ultimate Ears 700's, and I'm interested in getting a small sized MP3 player.

I have an iPod Touch 2nd gen, but something smaller might be more suitable for cardio and even in school.

Are there any mp3 players out there that have better sound quality than the 4th Gen iPod Shuffle that will let the 700's shine? Basically something around the same price point (~$60 and under might be fine) and SMALLER than an ipod touch, preferably around the size of the newest nano/shuffle.

Thanks!

Nov 5, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #3 of 5
Red Wine iMod a 4th or 5th gen iPod classic. Or you can always get a Hifiman.
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2010 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Grab Sansa Clip. It will do great.. It is cheap, has great SQ and is fully customazible (you can install rockbox too).

Thanks, I may order one of those! Do you happen to know the sound frequencys on it? I didn't find the info with what searching I did perhaps.

Quote:
Red Wine iMod a 4th or 5th gen iPod classic. Or you can always get a Hifiman.
wink.gif

Classic is more than ~$60, and I'd prefer something smaller, such as the new shuffle/nano size.

Nov 5, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Thanks, I may order one of those! Do you happen to know the sound frequencys on it? I didn't find the info with what searching I did perhaps.

If you rockbox the Clip you can set the frequencies of the 5 band EQ at whatever you like.....it's the ultimate custom EQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back