BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Sep 3, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #571 of 592
The BLON BL-03 with mesh mod has good subbass?
Its tighter, faster and more textured than the IT00. The IT00 isnt very impressive to me.

The original BL-03 without mods had bad isolation so most of the subbass was lost, even after I tried many different eartips for their isolation properties.
Radius Deep mount tips + mesh mod = game changer

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #572 of 592
Most of the budget sets seem to be more midbass focused than subbass focused.

This one is a YMMV situation, whether you like more subbass or midbass, probably also it depends on your music genres.

But if you can get the TFZ NO. 3 19th edition for $33, that's an excellent price. I remember buying my TFZ No. 3 (original version) at $120 USD 2 years ago.

The BLON BL-03 with mesh mod has good subbass?

The original BL-03 without mods had bad isolation so most of the subbass was lost, even after I tried many different eartips for their isolation properties.

I very much prefer sub bass over mid bass, thats the main reason I didn't buy the tfz as soon as i saw it, in my experience most of the gear recommended for bass heads is too boomy, wooly, muddy or has way too much treble (that's why I avoid anything made by audio technica, beats or Sony) th m50x left a bad taste in my mouth after 4 years of watching them, I bought them new (250 dollars in my country) and I sold them a month later and decided I would never buy another headphone for over 150 bucks........
I still don't understand why people recommend them so much, my he4xx with sheepskin cushions is so much better then the m50x
Well, I am going off topic.
So yes, I don't really want boomy, warm, wolly slow bass, I would love something that will rumble like an earthquake but isn't anything like the m50x

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #573 of 592
Its tighter, faster and more textured than the IT00. The IT00 isnt very impressive to me.

Radius Deep mount tips + mesh mod = game changer
I will see if I can audition them

Jan 30, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #575 of 592
Hello fellow head-fier’s!

Is BQEYZ Autumn paving the way to a new kind of tuning? Here’s my quick impression on their latest gem at the link below...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/post-16791044

1642951672724.jpgmagneto-face-7.jpg Courtesy of Marvel Comics

Enjoy! :beerchug:

-Clear

Sep 1, 2022 at 3:16 PM Post #576 of 592
Mar 15, 2023 at 9:52 PM Post #579 of 592
Hello, looking for some good planner iems suggestion...

Tangzu Wu Zetian is quite a warm bassy set with the best timbre of the current planar IEMs.

Shuoer S12 Pro is quite a technical V-shaped planar, pretty bang for buck but may be a bit bright in the treble.

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #580 of 592
Tangzu Wu Zetian is quite a warm bassy set with the best timbre of the current planar IEMs.

Shuoer S12 Pro is quite a technical V-shaped planar, pretty bang for buck but may be a bit bright in the treble.
Thanks @AmericanSpirit and @baskingshark
Then I should go for Zetian. Any comments on the 7HZ Timeless AE (the new version)?

Mar 16, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #581 of 592
Then I should go for Zetian. Any comments on the 7HZ Timeless AE (the new version)?

Hmm I'm not a fan of the Timeless AE or original one, as the fit is iffy, soundstage is very 2D (lacks depth, but width is okay), and the timbre is very off. Technically it is a champ, and even more resolving than the S12 Pro, though it is more expensive. So my 2 cents is that the S12 Pro has better price-to-performance. YMMV.

Mar 17, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #582 of 592
If you like warmer and musical ones suitable for rock, Zetian does better job, I have Timeless OG and I like it but it’s very dry and lean sounding set that may be not suitable for some looking a fuller sounding timbre.

Oct 15, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #584 of 592
Hmm I'm not a fan of the Timeless AE or original one, as the fit is iffy, soundstage is very 2D (lacks depth, but width is okay), and the timbre is very off. Technically it is a champ, and even more resolving than the S12 Pro, though it is more expensive. So my 2 cents is that the S12 Pro has better price-to-performance. YMMV.
How is macrodynamics and imaging on timeless?

Oct 15, 2023 at 11:25 PM Post #585 of 592
How is macrodynamics and imaging on timeless?

Imaging is quite good. Just that the imaging is in a 2D plane - as previously mentioned, the soundstage depth is lacking, but the width is good. So music only comes from the left and right of the ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back