BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Apr 2, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #121 of 592
What about the Tansio Mirai TSMR 4? its 299 on Linsoul:

https://www.linsoul.com/product-page/TSMR-3-4-IEM (it says TSMR-3 PRO but you can choose the TSMR 4 in the options)

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tansio-mirai-tsmr-3.23486/reviews (for reviews)

Has anyone try'ed them yet? I am thinking of buying them since the reviews on the TSMR-3 Pro are juicy and I don't mind paying a bit more to get an even more detailed sound from the 2 extra BA's the TSMR 4 has...

Anyways, can anyone compare them with the TSMR-3 PRO or the DM6?

Apr 2, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #122 of 592
Wanted to show off my Shockwave 3 because I'm proud of myself lol

UmWP3zK.jpg

Left is original, right is after I was done with them!

Apr 4, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #123 of 592
I compared those 2 last week at a shop in Tokyo. I had already bought the EX800 and was considering the N3AP as an additional IEM.
Came to the conclusion that they were too similar to have both.

Please share your experiences when you get them! I am curious what your conclusion will be.

PS: are you also alergic to stainless steel? If not, the JVC HA-FD02 is another high value IEM. Very different to the EX800, with a simple mod they are highly resolving, fast and neutral with effortless natural sound.

Well... it took me a while - but I've made a decision. I chose the EX800 w/ tape mod. The N3 were an amazing piece of kit - and I love how they look and the reversibility so I could wear them inverted/over ear (with L in right ear). However, when compared with the EX800 back to back, I noticed a much greater sense of space and overall soundstage with the EX800 - which made it easier to notice and enjoy the intricacies of the details over the N3 - where things never sounded bad - just not quite as spacious or clearly resolved. Honestly, I probably would have picked the N3 over the EX800 though if not for the tape-mod as I really, really, really enjoy the dark tonality and spaciousness the tape mod offers (while being easily reversed) and that then these headphones are equaliz-able like crazy - as much bass as you want, and shifting everything else tonally is fair game too.

The EX800 are also very comfortable for me, though the extra long cable is very annoying. (I've already ordered a balanced 2.5mm cable for them).

Suffice to say, I really like the N3's - but I'm in love with the EX800ST and can't believe I've avoided buying them for so long. :D

Apr 9, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #125 of 592
man.

The ALPHA & DELTA KS3 are incredible earphones....from sound to construction it hit way above its price range.

Crazy good.

Check out my review on headfi or my NO BS BLOG

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #126 of 592
Does anybody have any insight/comparisons of the BGVP DM6 vs Simgot em3?
I have heard the em2 and I liked it, but was wondering if it is worth is to double the price for the em3.
I just got a DM6 but I'm not sure about it. Something in the flavor just seems off. I love the detail, but the timbre of certain things doesnt quite align with my oppo pm3s or akg k7xx (not that these are top tier reference, but the DM6 sound deviates pretty heavily).
Thanks!

Apr 9, 2019 at 8:53 PM Post #127 of 592
So I just picked up the CCA C16 ($86) and the Hifihear 16 core cable ($19 for a limited time get one while you can!) from AliExpress...did I do good?? Using the MusicMaker Shockwave 3 right now (see post right above, this is a slow thread!) and was just wondering if anyone had some experience? There's nothing wrong with my SW3, at all, but for ~$105 I figured why not and think I did pretty well if the sound is ANYTHING close to what people have said in reviews...certainly sell them and get my money back if not so no loss. Thoughts? Surprised to not see more info or reviews for a EIGHT driver IEM for less than $100.

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #128 of 592
Fiio FH5 gets my vote,
Compared to Sony XBA-N3 it has better bass and overall balance. I find N3 too bassy and recessed in the vocals.
Compared to E4000 and E5000 better bass, more detailed, engaging and melodic sound. E4000 and E5000 are too relaxed but win in vocal naturalness and stage size.
Compared to Kanas Pro I find it more engaging, better soundstage and cleaner sound. Kanas Pro lows are really sub-par, the rest of the sound is OKish but not being able to make out a bass guitar line which is clear on most of my other IEMs is a deal breaker.
Other IEMs I had from the list like IT01, F9 Pro, King Pro and GR07 are also outclassed by FH5.
The only complaint I have with FH5 is the small 2k peak which makes vocals and trumpets a tad forward.

Apr 16, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #129 of 592
Well... it took me a while - but I've made a decision. I chose the EX800 w/ tape mod. The N3 were an amazing piece of kit - and I love how they look and the reversibility so I could wear them inverted/over ear (with L in right ear). However, when compared with the EX800 back to back, I noticed a much greater sense of space and overall soundstage with the EX800 - which made it easier to notice and enjoy the intricacies of the details over the N3 - where things never sounded bad - just not quite as spacious or clearly resolved. Honestly, I probably would have picked the N3 over the EX800 though if not for the tape-mod as I really, really, really enjoy the dark tonality and spaciousness the tape mod offers (while being easily reversed) and that then these headphones are equaliz-able like crazy - as much bass as you want, and shifting everything else tonally is fair game too.

The EX800 are also very comfortable for me, though the extra long cable is very annoying. (I've already ordered a balanced 2.5mm cable for them).

Suffice to say, I really like the N3's - but I'm in love with the EX800ST and can't believe I've avoided buying them for so long. :D

i currently have sony N3 (though still in time to return them) which i really enjoy, but i'm missing just a tiny bit of detail/sparkling highs. Crinacle rate EX800 two categories higher than N3 (A= vs B-) Based on that and your comments make me think i' m getting more details/resolution and a bit more highs with ex800, but other rewievs said that N3 and EX800 are just sidegrade. i,m a bit undecided to return the N3 if the difference in those aspects with EX800 is not very noticeable

Apr 16, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #130 of 592
i currently have sony N3 (though still in time to return them) which i really enjoy, but i'm missing just a tiny bit of detail/sparkling highs. Crinacle rate EX800 two categories higher than N3 (A= vs B-) Based on that and your comments make me think i' m getting more details/resolution and a bit more highs with ex800, but other rewievs said that N3 and EX800 are just sidegrade. i,m a bit undecided to return the N3 if the difference in those aspects with EX800 is not very noticeable
When I compared the EX800 with the N3 at the shop my impression was that the N3 had the smoother treble, which is not good or bad, but different. The EX800 has a very clear and detailed presentation from bottom to top, and compared to my other IEM, a modded JVC FD02 it is a little sharper/rougher. At higher volumes the EX800 can be a little fatiguing or intense, but at lower volumes that helps with clarity.

Bottomline, if you want more sparkly highs compared to N3 I think you will like the EX800! And at its price its a really good value. Very comfortable too.

May 1, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #133 of 592
I was really impressed with the IKKO OH-1. For a first product out of the gate, it has a maturity and tonality I wasn't expecting. Posted my review on my blog yesterday and working on getting it posted here as time permits. Impressive first effort and certainly an outfit to watch moving forward.

May 1, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #134 of 592
I was really impressed with the IKKO OH-1. For a first product out of the gate, it has a maturity and tonality I wasn't expecting. Posted my review on my blog yesterday and working on getting it posted here as time permits. Impressive first effort and certainly an outfit to watch moving forward.
Yep, great achievment from IKKO, its an audio company to follow.

The bass quantity AND quality is just mezmerising. Rarely I heard and feel that well sub line melody, tonality, timbre, thickness and weight is all perfect IMO

And mid range sill is clear.

The (underground) HYPE is sure true about those.

May 5, 2019 at 6:34 AM Post #135 of 592

I just got the EX800ST, what are options for 3rd party cables? Not sure what connection they use either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back