BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Oct 21, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #496 of 592
How good is it? Friend SONY Level?

They are nice. It's kind of difficult maybe for some as they make them in 100s and 100s of colors and you basically get a random color. Mine are in the picture but one member got yellow, another pink and light blue. I'm guessing on the used market it will be easy as the folks selling will include a picture? I was hoping not to get the color I have, yet when it arrived I started to like it. It's maybe easy to get used to a new color; even though we tell ourselves we could not. They are small too, so the color is pretty small in real life. Also they always probably look more bright in photos. Mine don't look near that bright in real life. They fit amazingly well, at first glance the nozzles seem short but the whole body is basically the nozzle; which means they fit just right. They are 90% solid so they are heavy for their size, which maybe makes them middle weight and middle/small size.

The construction is top notch as well as the 4.4mm, 3.5mm and 2.5mm modular cable they come with.........super ergonomic and really really nice. The bass switch they have is maybe a little of a gimmick in that I'm pretty sure everyone will find their setting of the two choices and stick with it. It just doesn't seem like something you would change all the time for different albums or whatever?

But for $549 they are definitely worth it in the sound department. 6BAs that have a very subtle V tune. Just enough treble and mids without any annoying mid peak. They simply come off detailed yet still on the slightly warm side. Easy to listen to for long runs and you could turn it up if you wanted. For me anyway it's the perfect tone. Exciting always but very transparent and clear. Good separation but maybe not the soundstage of some TOTL flagships, still no complaints at all. I like really really big soundstage so it's I guess the absolute smallest I'd end up loving. That said most would probably think the soundstage was big? Within that soundstage there occurs a style of surprise musical elements while listening that always keeps the experience interesting. Right now at Head-Fi there is this whole BA vs DD thing going on, yet when I use these I love the bass character? To me it's not lacking any bass at all. Obviously some DDs are going to have more absolute physicality over BA, but some people just love BA texture and don't seem to find fault........I don't? But I really think they are a value for the money. They are new so time will tell, but I'm pretty sure they will end up very popular. They just contain a very carefully done tune that seems to work with a lot of genres, though they may do rock best.........and great for vocals too.

In comparison to Sony they would maybe go against the M9 or M7, yet I have not heard those. They totally destroy something like the XBA-N3..........IMO, also for me they are better sounding than the XBA-Z5? But really it's hard to compare as the SA6 and XBA-Z5 would almost be opposites in that the Z5 has THAT bass, where the SA6 in more concentrating on an involving midrange and midrange detail expansion. The treble and midrange is simply more detailed and involved than the Z5? But I'm not sure what would be just like them in the market (except the Fearless S6Rui)? They are way way more technical than the qdc Anole V3 and a little less money. They totally win out over the whole BGVP DM6 or $200 Magaosi K5. What they are is a direct battle with the Fearless S6Rui. Better cable and better build and they do sound very similar. Both are 6BA IEMs from China. But where the SA6 takes the lead is with a better midrange. The SA6 midrange is smoother yet still totally detailed. The tune just gives the SA6 a less brittle or sterile midrange departure from the S6Rui. So just imagine a slightly better bass and more musical plus more listenable S6Rui......one that's also better built........and......has a better cable. :wink:

CA0B9055-9997-49FC-9BCC-13CB1B608DD4 copy.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #498 of 592
The best IEM in my collection under 300 dollar is the Oriveti OH300 ($299). They are smooth and lively, with clear vocal presentation, the layering and 3D imaging is top tier level for its price.
IMG20201022061406.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #499 of 592
They are nice. It's kind of difficult maybe for some as they make them in 100s and 100s of colors and you basically get a random color. Mine are in the picture but one member got yellow, another pink and light blue. I'm guessing on the used market it will be easy as the folks selling will include a picture? I was hoping not to get the color I have, yet when it arrived I started to like it. It's maybe easy to get used to a new color; even though we tell ourselves we could not. They are small too, so the color is pretty small in real life. Also they always probably look more bright in photos. Mine don't look near that bright in real life. They fit amazingly well, at first glance the nozzles seem short but the whole body is basically the nozzle; which means they fit just right. They are 90% solid so they are heavy for their size, which maybe makes them middle weight and middle/small size.

The construction is top notch as well as the 4.4mm, 3.5mm and 2.5mm modular cable they come with.........super ergonomic and really really nice. The bass switch they have is maybe a little of a gimmick in that I'm pretty sure everyone will find their setting of the two choices and stick with it. It just doesn't seem like something you would change all the time for different albums or whatever?

But for $549 they are definitely worth it in the sound department. 6BAs that have a very subtle V tune. Just enough treble and mids without any annoying mid peak. They simply come off detailed yet still on the slightly warm side. Easy to listen to for long runs and you could turn it up if you wanted. For me anyway it's the perfect tone. Exciting always but very transparent and clear. Good separation but maybe not the soundstage of some TOTL flagships, still no complaints at all. I like really really big soundstage so it's I guess the absolute smallest I'd end up loving. That said most would probably think the soundstage was big? Within that soundstage there occurs a style of surprise musical elements while listening that always keeps the experience interesting. Right now at Head-Fi there is this whole BA vs DD thing going on, yet when I use these I love the bass character? To me it's not lacking any bass at all. Obviously some DDs are going to have more absolute physicality over BA, but some people just love BA texture and don't seem to find fault........I don't? But I really think they are a value for the money. They are new so time will tell, but I'm pretty sure they will end up very popular. They just contain a very carefully done tune that seems to work with a lot of genres, though they may do rock best.........and great for vocals too.

In comparison to Sony they would maybe go against the M9 or M7, yet I have not heard those. They totally destroy something like the XBA-N3..........IMO, also for me they are better sounding than the XBA-Z5? But really it's hard to compare as the SA6 and XBA-Z5 would almost be opposites in that the Z5 has THAT bass, where the SA6 in more concentrating on an involving midrange and midrange detail expansion. The treble and midrange is simply more detailed and involved than the Z5? But I'm not sure what would be just like them in the market (except the Fearless S6Rui)? They are way way more technical than the qdc Anole V3 and a little less money. They totally win out over the whole BGVP DM6 or $200 Magaosi K5. What they are is a direct battle with the Fearless S6Rui. Better cable and better build and they do sound very similar. Both are 6BA IEMs from China. But where the SA6 takes the lead is with a better midrange. The SA6 midrange is smoother yet still totally detailed. The tune just gives the SA6 a less brittle or sterile midrange departure from the S6Rui. So just imagine a slightly better bass and more musical plus more listenable S6Rui......one that's also better built........and......has a better cable. :wink:

CA0B9055-9997-49FC-9BCC-13CB1B608DD4 copy.jpeg
Wow thanks for the mini review with comparison!

Oct 22, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #500 of 592
How good is it? Friend SONY Level?

Man, I just tried the XBA-N3 with MrWalkman DMP-Z1MK2 with the Walkman 1A/direct mode? :0

Somehow it’s fantastic? Disregard the bad things I said about the N3? Especially with the 1A. A ton of bass but it’s all of a sudden detailed and MK2 stretches the soundstage which livened up the N3 along with the better imaging? This is so wild. MK2 should be available to the public in the next couple days. This is a game changer? I stand corrected? Wild?

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sony-xba-n3.22428/reviews#item-review-24616

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2020 at 2:42 AM Post #501 of 592
After the Oriveti OH300, I want to sincerely recommend the BGVP VG4($229) to the thread.
It is overall fairly clear and clean IEM, it has smooth and close to neutral tonality. The vocal presentation are even clear than the OH300, but the timbre is slightly off for my personal opinion. The soundstage are fairly open and airy. The 3D imaging are as good as the OH300.
In my opinion, the VG4 beat the Blessing2 in every single part, instead of the treble. The VG4 has quicker bass with slightly more quantity. The midrange has fuller timbre and feel more natural in my opinion. The treble is slightly better on blessing2 in term of timbre and extension, but the VG4 still has really well done timbre and sound fairly airy. The detail retrieval and 3D imaging are pretty similar. The soundstage are probably slightly more wider on blessing2.
If you want to know more about this IEM, here is my review: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bgvp-artmagic-vg4.24471/reviews#item-review-24262

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2020 at 6:56 AM Post #502 of 592
The best IEM in my collection under 300 dollar is the Oriveti OH300 ($299). They are smooth and lively, with clear vocal presentation, the layering and 3D imaging is top tier level for its price.
IMG20201022061406.jpg
I just update the review on the Oriveti OH300, it is amazing IEM for its price range.
It is smooth and lively, with superb vocal presentation and realistic timbre. Really easy to like sound signature overall.
If you are interesting about OH300, checkout my review here: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/oriveti-oh300.23752/reviews#item-review-24611
Have a great weekend!
thumbnail_IMG20201022155424.jpg

Oct 24, 2020 at 7:15 AM Post #503 of 592
Did anyone add “Mangird TEA”? 6BA + 1DD hybrid?
Easily one of my best, in fact its my current favorite and tied with others for top spot!

Nov 4, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #506 of 592
Nov 7, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #507 of 592
About to buy a pair of Chi Fi IEMs in the upcoming 11.11 sale on Aliexpress

I’m torn between the ISN DS04 and the Tin HiFi P1

I have a DX200 so no worries driving the P1 but also like to listen / stream on my iPhone and have a Sonata HD Pro for that.

The DS04 will go between both sources no problem but I’m worried if I buy the P1 I’ll be limited to only listening on the DX200.

Other concern is that I believe the DS04 shells are quite large and I have small to medium ears.

Any thoughts recommendations on the above?

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #508 of 592
Did anyone add “Mangird TEA”? 6BA + 1DD hybrid?
Easily one of my best, in fact its my current favorite and tied with others for top spot!
The Tea is really an amazing sounding IEM. Not a technical tour de force, but extremely competent and enjoyable.

Friends at head-fi, here's my take on the new LZ A7 from LZ HiFi Audio.

-A natural sounding earphones of epic proportions!

Enjoy! :ksc75smile:
I can’t wait until mine arrives. Supposedly on the 16th.

Apr 9, 2021 at 8:35 PM Post #509 of 592
I wonder how Seeaudio Yume fairs against the likes of h40.

I really like the fit of H40 as i mainly use them jogging.
Though id like to try something new instead

Something subbassy with not too much midbass. I do like a bit of 2-4k khz upper mid energy boost. And i am a not a fan of too pronounced treble. Good soundstage is a must.

I was considering to swap h40 to D10 but not sure if i would loose much in soundstage quality.
I enjoyed Toneking Shockwave III they were actually good. But the fit is sure not meant for jogging.
FD5 is looking nice but again forried about fit mostly..

Any new discoveries/releases in recent months anyone?

Apr 10, 2021 at 12:21 AM Post #510 of 592
Don’t know about the H40, but as a whole the Yume is great. Not totally the most detailed nor does it have class leading bass. But as far as an interesting soundstage and fabulous tune, it is it. The SeeAudio Yume doesn’t have quite the treble emphasis as the Thieaudio Legacy 4, but is very nice. The SeeAudio Yume is a tad more relaxed in the treble than the L4, but following an enhanced take on the Harman none the less. The L4 has the better definition in the low end, but the Yume still holds it’s own in many ways, with out bottom. Regardless of the lows, the Yume is just about my personal take on the perfect “tune”.

The Yume offers a round soundstage that while not totally totally wide still has a bunch of imaging forward, back and around to form a circular soundstage. Even the report of the soundstage traveling slightly up and down contribute to this effect.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/see-audio-yume-anou.24866/reviews#review-25330

D936991C-4825-47C5-962C-298120155AE4.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back