BEST SUB-500$ DAP (Digital Audio Player)-Reviews, Impressions, Reference List
Jul 30, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #121 of 144
Is there a reason you can't go bluetooth directly from your phone?
I find the bass is weak straight from the phone and feel the sound quality can be 'stronger'. This is while plugged in by cables

Jul 30, 2019 at 1:22 AM Post #122 of 144
Sorry im a little confuse...did you phone can send bluetooth? If so, their no need of bluetooth dac-amp sending bluetooth as it will not improve sound quality. In this case you will need a better bluetooth earphones that have a dac in it, or can use latest BT tech like Ldac to play flac. Bluetooth have its limit but its better than some years ago, it cant play DSD but flac became possible.

perhaps a Bluetooth mmxc or 2pin cable can be another solution if you have other cabled iem.

Radsone is very small tough, and can be clipped on your short while your on the go with your phone in your pocket as music source.

EDIT: okay you already have bluetooth cable. so yeah, it would not make sens and you ahve the bottleneck....hum, is t APTX HD? if not, ldac or HD is better than standard aptx....if you play flac, for mp3 i dont think it really matter.

My phone can send out APTX HD and LDAC. The BTX2 doesn't receive LDAC or APTX HD. I think I now understand how DAC/AMP works. So I will now instead finda BT adapter, like Radsone and looking forward to the BTR5. Just need a short and light cable. Any recommendations on cable?

Feb 17, 2020 at 6:21 PM Post #123 of 144
What would you say is the best DAP under 500 (or even slightly more of necessary) that supports a lot of apps and has a modern UI, that has a good battery life?

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:27 PM Post #126 of 144
Yes. I'm using one for a portable source, along with 2 other daps, and my V40. What would you like to know?
Thanks!!!
This is the story. My daily on the go is ES100 or Fiio BTR5 bluetooth from my iPhone or DFR if connected. I also have my desktop dac and amp and a lot of music files that I can only listen using my computer and the desktop rig and they are the problem here.
Those music files are not on the streaming platforms, not even Spotify. I’ve been collecting those files for years, most of them are in MP3 and most of the MP3 ones in 128kbit, yes, pretty bad quality.
For the last six or seven months my chances of using my desktop dac and amp are almost none and is going to be like that for a while, so I’m thinking about getting an inexpensive DAP with micro sd card for those files. I was reading about the Shanling M0 and Hidisz AP80 and I’m sure they are fine, after all, 90% of those files are MP3, but I also use Qobuz and Amazon Music HD most of the time and changing from one of the two dap’s mention before to my iPhone and Fiio btr5 just because I wanna listen to something on Qobuz is a pain and a lot to carry around and serious dap’s that allow you to fully install Qobuz and Amazon Music HD are already over the money I wanna spend for MP3 files in a micro sd card as the main reason for this purchase.
The LG V30 has very good reviews as a DAP, has the micro sd slot and I can fully install Qobuz and Amazon Music HD without dealing with apk’s and things I don’t understand and I can get one from $140 to $160.
That was a long story, sorry for that! Anything you can comment about the LG V30 as a dap will be appreciated!!
Thanks!!

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #127 of 144
Thanks!!!
This is the story. My daily on the go is ES100 or Fiio BTR5 bluetooth from my iPhone or DFR if connected. I also have my desktop dac and amp and a lot of music files that I can only listen using my computer and the desktop rig and they are the problem here.
Those music files are not on the streaming platforms, not even Spotify. I’ve been collecting those files for years, most of them are in MP3 and most of the MP3 ones in 128kbit, yes, pretty bad quality.
For the last six or seven months my chances of using my desktop dac and amp are almost none and is going to be like that for a while, so I’m thinking about getting an inexpensive DAP with micro sd card for those files. I was reading about the Shanling M0 and Hidisz AP80 and I’m sure they are fine, after all, 90% of those files are MP3, but I also use Qobuz and Amazon Music HD most of the time and changing from one of the two dap’s mention before to my iPhone and Fiio btr5 just because I wanna listen to something on Qobuz is a pain and a lot to carry around and serious dap’s that allow you to fully install Qobuz and Amazon Music HD are already over the money I wanna spend for MP3 files in a micro sd card as the main reason for this purchase.
The LG V30 has very good reviews as a DAP, has the micro sd slot and I can fully install Qobuz and Amazon Music HD without dealing with apk’s and things I don’t understand and I can get one from $140 to $160.
That was a long story, sorry for that! Anything you can comment about the LG V30 as a dap will be appreciated!!
Thanks!!
I think the 30 will serve you quite fine. You won't find a dap that offers all of that for less money. Is sounds really good, especially compared to daps in this price range, even more so should you decide to take on some lossless files. Seems like a no brainer. The only downside is possibly the size, but that's up to the user.

Apr 28, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #128 of 144
I think the 30 will serve you quite fine. You won't find a dap that offers all of that for less money. Is sounds really good, especially compared to daps in this price range, even more so should you decide to take on some lossless files. Seems like a no brainer. The only downside is possibly the size, but that's up to the user.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jul 3, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #129 of 144
Any good mid-fi daps with a dedicated line out? Most new units seem to do the thing where you can change headphone out to line out instead of having the good old separate line out. In addition, by “dedicated” I mean that using the line out function nulls the volume control of the player, giving the attached amp total control in that regard.

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #130 of 144
Any good mid-fi daps with a dedicated line out? Most new units seem to do the thing where you can change headphone out to line out instead of having the good old separate line out. In addition, by “dedicated” I mean that using the line out function nulls the volume control of the player, giving the attached amp total control in that regard.
The only one I can think of is the iBasso DX150 but it still alters the volume. It’s not a true like out.

Jul 4, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #131 of 144
Xduoo X20. I use it as my main Laptop DAC pluged to either JDS ATOM or Xduoo XD-05plus, very clean and detailed sound. (it use single ESS9018 dac)

If you can get your hand on used Ibasso DX90, its even better, especially as a DAP. (it use dual ESS9018 dac)

Jul 4, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #133 of 144
DX90 also alters the volume, it’s the only iBasso I’ve heard. I’ll check out the Xduoo daps, thanks.

what do you mean by alter the volume. its a true dedicated line out. but volume control is enabled...i dont like dual single ended-line out thing too. seem to sound more ''digital'' and less dynamic...

DX90 line out specs

• Frequency Response: 17Hz~20KHz +/-0.1dB
  • S/N: -119dB +/-1dB
  • THD+N: 0.0015%
  • Crosstalk: 115dB (1KHz)
  • Output Level: 1.7Vrms (1kHz 0dB)
X20

Line output level: 1.7Vrms (10KΩ@1kHz)

Frequency response: 20Hz~20kHz(±0.15dB)

Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR): ≥114dB

Resolution: >108dB (10KΩ@1kHz)

Distortion + noise: 0.0012@1kHz (10KΩ)

Jul 4, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #134 of 144
Anybody try the HIBY R3PRO???

It really look like the more promising 200$ DAP.

Jul 4, 2020 at 3:28 PM Post #135 of 144
what do you mean by alter the volume. its a true dedicated line out. but volume control is enabled...i dont like dual single ended-line out thing too. seem to sound more ''digital'' and less dynamic...

DX90 line out specs

• Frequency Response: 17Hz~20KHz +/-0.1dB
  • S/N: -119dB +/-1dB
  • THD+N: 0.0015%
  • Crosstalk: 115dB (1KHz)
  • Output Level: 1.7Vrms (1kHz 0dB)
X20

Line output level: 1.7Vrms (10KΩ@1kHz)

Frequency response: 20Hz~20kHz(±0.15dB)

Signal-to-noise ratio (SNR): ≥114dB

Resolution: >108dB (10KΩ@1kHz)

Distortion + noise: 0.0012@1kHz (10KΩ)
As in, when connected to an amp via line out, turning the volume up on the player results in an increase in volume as oppose to something like an iPod where volume control becomes completely dependent on the amp when connected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back