CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 15, 2018 at 8:44 AM Post #13,636 of 31,833
For me, it would be the kz ed9 as well. That's the guy that truly got me interested in this rabbit hole, and I'll never part with it. The other one is the Tennmak crazy cello. That was the one that blew my mind at what could be possible with only a 50.00 investment and I honestly believed it could possibly be end game for a couple of months, lol. I then had a slight change in sound preference and down the rabbit hole I went.
Both will be with me until the day they die.

How would you describe your change in sound preference?

Oct 15, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #13,637 of 31,833
If its KZ, on the lower end of the price spectrum , the ZS4, on the upper end, the ZS5.
But fit on these are very subjective. Especially if you have small ears. But on average to large sized ears, the ZS4 is excellent fitting.
I won't recomment the ED16 though some here like them. The fit is excellent as they are pretty compact but on many tracks they do get sibilant, but nowhere near the ZS6 levels though.

Can't comment on the TRN V10 or V20 ( that would fit the price) as I never had them. But the V20 seems well received by most accounts.

Oct 15, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #13,638 of 31,833
So i was thinking to get the silicone putty from a seller and he asked me to cancel the order as he is unable to ship it to SG, and i had a $5 voucher which i gotten from another app and didnt know what to do with it.

Went and ordered the KZ ED9 which i wanted for quite some time (due to the changeable nozzles), and as i was on a trip for 2 weeks i came home today and saw it on my table.

Well, they sound really pleasant for the amount that i paid for, and the silver solid body is really nice too. The sound IMO is pretty balanced IMO, or maybe a bit of emphasis on the bass and sub-bass (am using the default shiny nozzle).

Oct 15, 2018 at 12:54 PM Post #13,639 of 31,833
So i was thinking to get the silicone putty from a seller and he asked me to cancel the order as he is unable to ship it to SG, and i had a $5 voucher which i gotten from another app and didnt know what to do with it.

Went and ordered the KZ ED9 which i wanted for quite some time (due to the changeable nozzles), and as i was on a trip for 2 weeks i came home today and saw it on my table.

Well, they sound really pleasant for the amount that i paid for, and the silver solid body is really nice too. The sound IMO is pretty balanced IMO, or maybe a bit of emphasis on the bass and sub-bass (am using the default shiny nozzle).

I like the duller color nozzle the best. To me it is the most balanced of the two.

Oct 15, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #13,640 of 31,833
I like the duller color nozzle the best. To me it is the most balanced of the two.
Damn, i just tried to change the nozzle and apparent the left side is stucked to the body. Cant find the pliers and its late here lol, probably gonna give it a try tomorrow.

Oct 15, 2018 at 3:38 PM Post #13,641 of 31,833
Damn, i just tried to change the nozzle and apparent the left side is stucked to the body. Cant find the pliers and its late here lol, probably gonna give it a try tomorrow.

That is weird. I just removed it with my fingers. Before trying pliers try twisting it off while gripping it with the tip on...unless you already tried that.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #13,642 of 31,833
Shopping day.

I have more or less 50€/USD to spend on IEMs.
ATM I own some KZs (ATE, ZS3, ZS6), Piston 3 by Xiaomi, and a couple of sh***y chinese IEMs. I already bought a pair of TIN Audio T2s and KZ ZSR both of which are on the way.
But I'd like to try something new and I'm open to suggestions. What would you get? I could decide to raise the budget if it's worth it, or maybe buy more than one.

Let me know your thoughts.

Oct 15, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #13,643 of 31,833
What are some good $10-25 IEMs with detachable cables? Something with good bass extension and clarity (should perform decently on complex tracks). I would prefer dynamic driver stuff although it wouldn't matter if it's a hybrid done right. I have some KZ and TRN stuff on my list for now.

I would buy these now whilst they're £10. Great case, nice mmcx cable and a 2 x ba and 1dd hybrid with great resolution. Clarity and bass extension are their strength too.

I paid £22 and thought they were a bargain, the case and cable are worth the £10 alone.

I'm going to buy a back up pair!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CTB785J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pzpXBbWTBTDE1

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #13,644 of 31,833
I would buy these now whilst they're £10. Great case, nice mmcx cable and a 2 x ba and 1dd hybrid with great resolution. Clarity and bass extension are their strength too.

I paid £22 and thought they were a bargain, the case and cable are worth the £10 alone.

I'm going to buy a back up pair!

Prime Deals, HIFI WALKER A7 Triple Driver High Resolution Earphone with microphone, remote control, remote cable, carrying case https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CTB785J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_pzpXBbWTBTDE1

Link is not working but just search Hifi walker A7 on amazon

Oct 15, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #13,646 of 31,833
Got the Uiisii CM5 on Friday and LOVING them.As soon as I put them in my ears and hit play my mouth literally dropped.Right ootb the soundstage was amazing and the sound is clean.Vocals are amazing.Bass is pretty good, hoping it gets better as time goes on.Compared to my KZ ED16 I am liking the CM5 better so far.Maybe it's just me but find with the ed16 that some songs sound great and others not so much,especially with rock/metal and the cm5 are great for that.Really getting into this chifi stuff :ksc75smile:

Oct 15, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #13,647 of 31,833
I have a question for you guys: which IEM do you not listen to as often as before, but absolutely cannot even think of getting rid of them?

For me it's the KZ ED9. It's sad to say that my KZ ED9 has been replaced by more better sounding and technically-capable IEMs, but they have been my go-to IEMs for quite some time, and when I think of the fact that the ED9 is probably hands down the BEST sounding IEM for $10, it's virtually impossible to let these babies go on my local classifieds.

I will never ever give up my ED9.
The KZ ATE for me! I ordered them after two shady comments underneath a rant of the Verge's praise for the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore, which I ordered because of that review but found it lacked all the bass in the world. Two people there recommended the ATE. I took the bait. And boy...

It was after a get-together, around midnight, when I first put the ATE in and was just blown away. For three hours straight I sat there on my couch, semi drunk, discovering details in all those songs I loved for many years. I think I tweeted about them three times that night. Like 'HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE'. So so so in love.

They kickstarted, or rather poisoned me with this chifi obsession.

And I still thank them for it. So much. :)

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #13,648 of 31,833
Just had to order those HiFi Walker A7's for £9.94 shipped free in a few weeks, bargain.

Oct 15, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #13,649 of 31,833
Got the Uiisii CM5 on Friday and LOVING them.As soon as I put them in my ears and hit play my mouth literally dropped.Right ootb the soundstage was amazing and the sound is clean.Vocals are amazing.Bass is pretty good, hoping it gets better as time goes on.Compared to my KZ ED16 I am liking the CM5 better so far.Maybe it's just me but find with the ed16 that some songs sound great and others not so much,especially with rock/metal and the cm5 are great for that.Really getting into this chifi stuff :ksc75smile:

Amen.

CM5 is a rare gem IMO. It’s easily the best thing UiiSii has ever made. I think it was a fluke, like lightning in a bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back