CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 6, 2018 at 12:21 AM Post #13,486 of 31,833
Here's some comments on 5 IEMs I let my co-worker friend try today -- The KZ AS10, Tin T2, Tin T2 Pro, TRN V80, and the BGVP DMG.

Background: He works typically down in our lab and has done a ton of work to support projects and stuff I've been working on. Yesterday, he pings me and asks about some headphones thoughts since he sees me with new ones all the time. He didn't know I also started reviewing some and had a handful of them on me at all times. Haha. He said to bring them down the next day (today) so he can bring in his tips to and his ipod to try out.

So today, at lunch time, we have a little headphone meet. He is currently using one of those VJJB N1 dual driver earphones. They sound like a hot mess. Very bright. Yikes. Anyway, his cable was jacked up and the drivers were literally taped together - hence why he wanted advice. So I brought him my recent review suite of IEMs and had him listen to each and gave me his thoughts.

He was listening primarily to Pink Floyd, Immortals Soundtrack, and some other rock song I forget the name of.

AS10: Immediate reaction! whoa bass!
Tin T2: Not much bass. A little sharp. Good detail.
T2 PRO: Better cymbals crashing. Can be a bit sharp too.
V80: Good balanced sound
DMG: Like the V80 but more detail and balanced

So yea, he's ripe to be on head-fi. Made very good accurate statements compared to what I think as well. Anyway, he picked the DMG as his favorite but then I told him how much the V80 (which was a close 2nd place) and he was shocked. $40! I also told him it was the cheapest of all of these and he was pretty surprised since it looked like it was the best built, and sounded the best to him.

Anyway, I ended up giving him the V80 to keep. I wasn't about to give him my DMG hehe. I really like it.

Oct 6, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #13,487 of 31,833
I got the mmcx version of the Magaosi BK50 yesterday, and I quite like them. Really good separation and a decently wide soundstage, and it's got a punchy low end that is still quite, I dunno, "musical" I guess is a way to put it? Like, melodic bass guitar lines sound really good.

Highs are a bit forward with silicons, but the included foams seem to even them out well. Only drawback is that the sub bass seems to roll off just a little bit early, but it's only noticeable on tracks that I know really well that have sections that go super deep (and it's lack of presence is probably exaggerated to my ears right now because I've been listening to the KZ ZS4's sub bass all week). They do also leak a fair amount of sound with their open backs.

Good accessories though, the case and cable are actually really nice for the price, it's probably the nicest case I currently have actually -- probably will start stashing a more expensive set of IEMs in this case :). I don't know that they would stand out at the original ~$45 msrp, but I see that the aliexpress seller I bought them from has 'em on sale for $23.99, they're a really solid choice at that price I think.

Oct 6, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #13,489 of 31,833
And so we go again.....
Awaiting my Lafi dual driver at the fab price of £10 and also the Audimi Y02,
Both arriving tomorrow.
Will post some thoughts soon.

Great price on the LaFi! When I bought mine the Amazon UK lightning deal was for £15.

Still waiting for someone (@harry501501 ?) to confirm if the Audimi Y02 is a rebranded TRN20. Does the Audimi have that rubbery coating like the TRN? I see the Audimi comes with a nice case. The TRN does not come with a case.

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #13,490 of 31,833
Yes it has the coating,. As mentioned in the description .
Of course I'll confirm that tomorrow.
And yes the price on the Lafi was brilliant with a further 5 off. And as they'd been in my list for eons I thought let's get them now lol.

Oct 6, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #13,491 of 31,833
And yes the price on the Lafi was brilliant with a further 5 off. And as they'd been in my list for eons I thought let's get them now lol.

I never noticed it mentioned the coating. I see it now - I had not enlarged the photos. Thanks. It must be the black version of the TRN V20 then. I already have a TRN V20 in grey.

I hope you like the LAFI. It is super comfy for me. I am using Auvio tips on both of mine. I bought a back up pair so I have a blue and a black one. I wish I had waited until the better price to get the second one.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #13,492 of 31,833

Was that a lightning deal on the Lafi?

That's an amazing price for the accessories you get too. Gutted I missed that deal.

Oct 7, 2018 at 7:28 AM Post #13,493 of 31,833
Was that a lightning deal on the Lafi?

That's an amazing price for the accessories you get too. Gutted I missed that deal.

To get in on the next one... they do them periodically... each evening you can check the Amazon UK deals for the next day. Just go to Today's Deals, choose Lightning Deals, then narrow the search to Headphones and Earphones. Everything for the next day will come up with the start times for the deal. You can put a watch on it for a reminder. The deals start 30 minutes earlier for Prime members. This is how I have gotten quite a few things for ridiculous prices including two LAFIs...and a billion Betrons:)

Actually, anytime that you look you will see what is coming up over the next 24 hours.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #13,498 of 31,833
Picked up my Audimi Y02 and Lafi En303 in blue a couple of hours ago, and have been road testing both with some flac tunes, sadly it's not all great news

Firstly the Audimi are indeed a rebranded Trn v20 with the same cable too, shame the damn thing is faulty.
Definitely a lower volume in the left side, and after trying a KZ 2 pin cable in them it's the cable at fault .
Not that that's much of an issue as I have tons of cables that fit, but still annoying.
Anyway they do sound beautiful, great performance through the sound spectrum nice sub bass with some really forward mids, which are absolutely gorgeous.
And a detailed but non sibilant treble, actually sound better than the V80.
Mind you all this is when I hold them in place as I simply cannot get them to fit properly. Not one tip I've tried will seal in my ear, even my go to tips just wont stay there. So at the moment I'm deliberating whether to send them back.

Unfortunately the Same applies to the Lafi, but at least the cable isn't duff.
they sound completely different with a very balanced and neutral sound, very pleasing to listen to indeed.
But they just don't fit at all .Cannot get a seal whatsoever. The Tips included are a waste of time for me and none of mine fit either. So I'm having to hold them in .

So I'm going to try a few more things but at the moment not that happy with either if they won't fit.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #13,499 of 31,833
Hey guys did somebody tested and heard Audbos p4 ? They started this year as 200$ but now on Aliexpress , they start at 80$ lol . It is some ripoff ? Or copy or its rebranded ? Anyway .. For the Price they are really interesting .
I ordered the Tenhz P4 Pro IEM from Massdrop a few weeks ago and they are supposed to be a rebrand of the Audbos p4 so I'll let you know how they sound when I get them. There is a review of the Audbos p4 on here that says they are very good for the price and that was back when they were like $120 https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audbos-p4.22971/reviews

Oct 7, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #13,500 of 31,833
anyone heard of BQEYZ KB100 which is available for preorder in penon?

I read a reviewer saying he prefer these to tin audio t2 alot more.

But the IBasso IT01 is still better than kb100 and t2.

I wish BQEYZ would explain the difference between these models. They are all seemingly the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back