CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 8, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #13,516 of 31,833
So... Audimi Y02 aka TRN V20, I have two things to say about it. First, it is such a pain to get proper seal. The ribbed front edge is also just dumb - the shell of these in-ears should be completely smooth. And second, once seal achieved, its sound quality is boss level. The sound stage is the biggest I've experienced so far, with great separation. The music just pulls you in. One thing though - the BA treble is a tiny bit overcooked for me, I had to turn it down a couple notches using Neutralizer EQ app. But it might just be perfect for you if you're not sensitive to or prefer strong treble. For me, it needs to be softened somewhat for better coherence.
The problem with seal is probably because the nozzles are angled very forward and not inward enough to the ear canals. But the Chi-Fi gods (each of them has many unpronounceable names) finally took pity on me and allowed for one pair of tips that worked wonder - the biggest, softest silicone tips that came with the IBasso IT01. The ones I've never successfully used on anything else, including the IT01. They're narrow bore btw.
The bright side of this tip rolling struggle is that I found wearing IEMs so that nozzles pointing more forward seems to open up the soundstage. All the ones that give spacious sound that I like appear to fit this mold - BS10, Omars A3, Morpilot dual dynamic. Might or might not work for you - just want to share :)

Oct 8, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #13,518 of 31,833
Alternatively you can also use some O-rings for mechanical keyboards to achieve the same result (pack of 120 for $1), which I have done right here:

QQZHaE6.jpg

These combined with the KZ whirlwind tips personally give me the best seal and sound. I'm actually very shocked that the V20 only cost around $15 now, which is insanely cheap for such a good and professional sounding pair of IEMs.
I might try this with my KZ ED 16,the tips have come off a few times and got stuck in my ear, there's no lip on the nozzle

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #13,519 of 31,833
The ribbed edge on the V20 is the sole reason I don't use it anymore despite loving the sound.

So... Audimi Y02 aka TRN V20, I have two things to say about it. First, it is such a pain to get proper seal. The ribbed front edge is also just dumb - the shell of these in-ears should be completely smooth. And second, once seal achieved, its sound quality is boss level. The sound stage is the biggest I've experienced so far, with great separation. The music just pulls you in. One thing though - the BA treble is a tiny bit overcooked for me, I had to turn it down a couple notches using Neutralizer EQ app. But it might just be perfect for you if you're not sensitive to or prefer strong treble. For me, it needs to be softened somewhat for better coherence.
The problem with seal is probably because the nozzles are angled very forward and not inward enough to the ear canals. But the Chi-Fi gods (each of them has many unpronounceable names) finally took pity on me and allowed for one pair of tips that worked wonder - the biggest, softest silicone tips that came with the IBasso IT01. The ones I've never successfully used on anything else, including the IT01. They're narrow bore btw.
The bright side of this tip rolling struggle is that I found wearing IEMs so that nozzles pointing more forward seems to open up the soundstage. All the ones that give spacious sound that I like appear to fit this mold - BS10, Omars A3, Morpilot dual dynamic. Might or might not work for you - just want to share :)

Oct 8, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #13,520 of 31,833
I might try this with my KZ ED 16,the tips have come off a few times and got stuck in my ear, there's no lip on the nozzle

The spacer/keyboard o-ring trick won't prevent an eartip from falling off. This modification is intended for spacing an eartip further out on a nozzle to fix insertion/fitment problems. In fact, the mod usually makes it WORSE as far as eartips falling off, because there is less nozzle for the eartip to grip onto!

If you have a problem with the eartip falling off of an IEM that has no nozzle, these are 4 possible choices to address the situation:
  1. Use an ear tip with a smaller inner core. The eartip will stretch over the nozzle tighter, and there will be a stronger grip.
  2. Clean the nozzle and tip with rubbing alcohol, and reinstall after dry. Oils from the ear/fingers coat the nozzle and eartip, causing it to slip off easier. Cleaning the oils off with alcohol helps resolve this.
  3. Add your own lip using 2-part epoxy or UV glue. You remove the tip and clean the nozzle like #3 above. However, before you reinstall the tip, use a toothpick to carefully create a small 'bead' of 2-part epoxy or UV glue around the outside circumference of the top edge of the nozzle. Let cure completely, then reinstall the eartip.
  4. Add your own lip using heat shrink tubing. You remove the tip and clean the nozzle like #3 above. However, before you reinstall the tip, cut a small piece of heat shrink tubing. Gently heat it to the create a small 'lip' around the outside circumference of the top edge of the nozzle. If the heat shrink tubing 'lip' is not thick enough, add a 2nd piece of heat shrink tubing on top of the 1st piece (gently heat the 2nd piece). Then reinstall the eartip. You must do this carefully though, as too much heat could damage the drivers and/or nozzle. You only want to use enough heat to shrink the tubing as per the manufacturer's specifications.

Oct 8, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #13,521 of 31,833
Thanks a lot , Btw Can u compare whats difference in their sound signature ? And how they compare to Whizzers A15pro if u heard them ( They are trully amazing with balanced cable , outclassing Ibasso IT01 )

sorry, have not heard any (and only spent like 3 mins with the Whizzer since I was testing a few other at the time), this guy recently got both, you can refer to his comparison:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2539#post-14511825

Oct 8, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #13,522 of 31,833
The spacer/keyboard o-ring trick won't prevent an eartip from falling off. This modification is intended for spacing an eartip further out on a nozzle to fix insertion/fitment problems. In fact, the mod usually makes it WORSE as far as eartips falling off, because there is less nozzle for the eartip to grip onto!

If you have a problem with the eartip falling off of an IEM that has no nozzle, these are 4 possible choices to address the situation:
  1. Use an ear tip with a smaller inner core. The eartip will stretch over the nozzle tighter, and there will be a stronger grip.
  2. Clean the nozzle and tip with rubbing alcohol, and reinstall after dry. Oils from the ear/fingers coat the nozzle and eartip, causing it to slip off easier. Cleaning the oils off with alcohol helps resolve this.
  3. Add your own lip using 2-part epoxy or UV glue. You remove the tip and clean the nozzle like #3 above. However, before you reinstall the tip, use a toothpick to carefully create a small 'bead' of 2-part epoxy or UV glue around the outside circumference of the top edge of the nozzle. Let cure completely, then reinstall the eartip.
  4. Add your own lip using heat shrink tubing. You remove the tip and clean the nozzle like #3 above. However, before you reinstall the tip, cut a small piece of heat shrink tubing. Gently heat it to the create a small 'lip' around the outside circumference of the top edge of the nozzle. If the heat shrink tubing 'lip' is not thick enough, add a 2nd piece of heat shrink tubing on top of the 1st piece (gently heat the 2nd piece). Then reinstall the eartip. You must do this carefully though, as too much heat could damage the drivers and/or nozzle. You only want to use enough heat to shrink the tubing as per the manufacturer's specifications.
Thanks Slater will try it

Oct 9, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #13,523 of 31,833
My QM05 arrived today alongwith TRN V80. I have been listening to these and UIISII CM5 alternatingly for the last 6 hours. Here are my initial impressions-

QCY QM05- Warmer sound signature. When compared with CM5 and V80, QM05 are profoundly thumpy and bass-heavy. Mids and highs sound good without any harshness or sibilance. Quite enjoyable and good value for the money. I paid CAD $15 for these.

UIISII CM5- Pretty balanced. Neat bass, lush mids and detailed treble. CM5 has more microdetail than QM05 but less than V80. No sibilance. The sound signature is more similar to V80 than QM05. I actually prefer CM5 to V80 or QM05 when using my phone as a source. Comes with a nice carry case and the packaging is more attractive. Very comfortable fit and the build quality is better than QM05. I paid CAD $29 for these.

TRN V80 (attached to BT3 bluetooth cable)- Balanced IEMs, Bass is similar to CM5 i.e. deep, punchy and controlled but with slightly better details. Vocals sound slightly forward with better microdetail than CM5 or QM05. Instrument separation is very impressive. V80 connected to BT3 is sibilant at some high frequencies and produce a LOT of white noise. Its is especially noticeable during phone calls. I havnt tried these with the supplied cable yet. Build quality is very good. These IEMs are heavier than CM5 or QM05. I paid CAD $ 35 for these.
On a side note, the BT3 cable is really nice. Call receipients hear me loud and clear as it effectively elminates even the loud machinary noise in my background thanks to CV6 technology. Battery life is decent and the range is approx 20 metres/ 60 feet.

FYI, I prefer mid centric/ balanced IEMs as I like listening to vocals and instrumental music. Like an HD598 with a bit stronger bass if you have listened to those.
Gear- I used my Blackberry Keyone and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge as source. Not being an earbud tip cognoscenti, I used the stock tips ootb.
Good observation and details of your experience, though in listening to the QM05, to me they sounded more balanced with excellent midrange and treble extension. I found these to have a better 3D image and overall resolution than your average dynamic IEM. I would also say these are more to the bright side with extended bass, which the the Tinaudio T2 seems to sound leaner when comparing both. Finally, try burning them in for at least 100 hours to see if it made a difference for you. I actually own two (2) QM05 and they sound exactly the same after the initial 100 hours of burning time.

Question? Are you comparing them with silicone ear tips, or foam-comply ear tips, or a mixture of both?

The reason I ask is because it does change the sound quite a bit according to the source being used.

-Clear

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #13,526 of 31,833
HOLY SH!T the most scariest thing just happened with my QT2 :scream::scream:

I was in the middle of gaming and suddenly the right ear became very "weird" sounding, like a kind of "phasing" effect.

Then it completely lost sound in the BA (DD's still making sound at the back vents), and it made this very "squeaky" noise when I tried to shove it in my ears again.

I assumed the squeaky noise was due to air trapped inside the earpiece, so I blew into the nozzles but that didn't help.

Then after losing all hope, I finally decided to pry off the metal mesh which unexpectedly restored the sound back.

Damn you QT2, don't go off scaring me like that!! :joy:
+1 The QT2 are totally keepers! ...One can never depart from the QT2. :yum:

Oct 9, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #13,527 of 31,833
I recently received my Magaosi BK50 Pro and I had a lot of expectations for it, especially considering that I owned a JVC HA-FX700 that I fixed with super glue to seal a hairline crack in one wood housing. The FX500 and FX700 were the last JVC wooden IEMs to have a completely open-back vent with the future lineups to have a metal plate over most of the vent, making those wooden IEMs semi-open-back. I felt that the FX700 were very excellent for the money with its sound quality, portability, and convenience that made me feel like their sound signature was competitive with on-and-over-ear portables and were all-round better to have on-the-go.

The BK50 Pro are not as good as the FX700 in sound quality, but are even better in build quality with its detachable cables and I did not even have to fix anything to get an even better deal. The BK50 Pro do have the soundstaging and instrument separation that the FX700 has, but the bass, mids, and treble quality are not as good, as the FX700 has a wooden diaphragm in its driver, along with a few extra intricate bits-and-pieces. Of course, the BK50 Pro’s sound quality is really not that competitive with on-and-over-ear portables, but the convenience and build quality is still better.

Can you work out with the BK50 Pro? Absolutely! Even if something does go wrong with your sweat and the vents or cord connectors or you drop them and something breaks, replacing them will not be nearly as tough on your wallet! Granted, the treble can come in hot, like the treble of the FX700 could for a few people, so the BK50 Pro sound best within indoor environments at lower volumes. Yet, the thriftiness of the BK50’s price will make you want to take them out whenever you want or need them, and their build quality will absolutely ensure you that they are good-to-go in a pinch.

With their strengths and qualities at their price, they join my KZ ZSA and revised TRN V10 as my chosen $50-total-detachable-cable-trio of Chi-Fi earphones. Whether my mood calls for a open-wood-coloring, open-detailed-fun, or closed-super-detailed-kicking-back sound, I am always good-to-go at home or on-the-go.:)

Edit: Magaosi stock ear tips are okay, but do not stay in place over time. Thankfully, my SpinFit CP100 have finally found a permanent place to stay!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #13,528 of 31,833
Hey, the TRN V20 and the AUDIMI I have are the same. The only change i can hear is the AUDIMI goes louder quicker... which might account for me thinking the AUDIMI had more width... but more likely just the increased volume playing tricks on me. They were a pain to AB due to their shape and ultra long cable getting in the road lol

Oct 10, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #13,529 of 31,833
Oct 10, 2018 at 3:53 AM Post #13,530 of 31,833
P.S. This LED tree lamp actually makes a great home for my QT2 :D

Jq4VCNA.jpg

hWxPAeP.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back