CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 17, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #13,171 of 31,833
How's the bass on these... I love wooden housing and finally got my Aliexpress account to work lol. £20 so tempted
bosshifi b3 is a mid centric iem

the bass is very clean mid bass presence is good but the sub bass is lacking although its there but i feel a slight elevation in sub bass and forwarder mids and one could sell them for 100$

Sep 17, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #13,172 of 31,833
bosshifi b3 is a mid centric iem

the bass is very clean mid bass presence is good but the sub bass is lacking although its there but i feel a slight elevation in sub bass and forwarder mids and one could sell them for 100$

I love the way they sound, and they are absolutely beautiful to look at.

The tuning is somewhat rare in the world of ChiFi, which is why I like them. They’re unique.

I agree though, if they tweaked them and added a removable cable, they could sell them for $100+ easy.

They do have a successor, the B3S. I don’t have the B3S, but @loomisjohnson has both, and can tell us how they do apes to one another.

From memory, I’m 90% sure he said the B3S is more v shaped and has the bump in sub bass the B3 was missing. But theirs are what make the regular B3 unique, which I think are recessed even more in the B3S.

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #13,173 of 31,833
Hey, BQEYZ K2 or K2C owners (@Otto Motor etc), can you please check something for me?

On Michael Jackson's Thriller (Single Version, flac), when Vincent Price does his narration, he just doesn't sound right on my K2. His voice has a tonality that is really off, and not natural - it just plain doesn't sound like him. His voice is also missing depth and lushness that I hear on other IEMs.

I never noticed it before now, because this is the 1st time I listened to Thriller. I immediately noticed it because I know what Vincent Price is supposed to sound like (I've loved the song/album since 1982, as well as his movies).

I don't know if it's just the tuning of the K2, or if it's something wrong with my pair (like the midrange driver). But now that I know it's there it will bother me (because that tonality will be off no matter what music I'm listening to) :frowning2:

If you have the K2 or K2C, would you mind A/Bing that portion of Thriller against a few other IEMs and (ZS6, QT2, Tinaudio T2, ZS4, etc) and letting me know your thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #13,174 of 31,833
Well, I wouldn’t rely on a sales blurb from Massdrop to tell me that either haha

Just wait for a few more HeadFi members to get it - then you’ll get the real story with out some sales spin.

Hmm... I'll be waiting for the celebrity endorsements, thank you very much. I mean, who knows more about audio than a person paid to endorse audio equipment?

:laughing:

Sep 17, 2018 at 5:39 PM Post #13,175 of 31,833
I only have the BQEYZ BQ3 and Thriller sounds good on them, and I tell no lie it sounded very good on the Tiandirenhe TD08 :). Excellent on KZ ZS4

Sep 17, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #13,176 of 31,833
Hmm... I'll be waiting for the celebrity endorsements, thank you very much. I mean, who knows more about audio than a person paid to endorse audio equipment?

:laughing:

Is that a Bleats shot?

Sep 17, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #13,177 of 31,833
The QCY QM05 might not be expensive costing just a mere 10 US dollars (68 RMB) here in China, but they sound completely astonishing!

Checkout my impression on these! :thumbsup:

Link...
Post #18167

TB2DsO3fN6I8KJjy0FgXXXXzVXa_!!1614046036.jpg

-Clear

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2018 at 6:33 PM Post #13,178 of 31,833
You have my interest piqued. Although there have been many others that have claimed X iem is just as good or better than the T2 in the $50 and under category and for me none have even come close.

I'm a huge fan of the Sennheiser HD600 series sound signature and to me the T2 is like the HD600 with some of the Sennheiser veil lifted.

The QCY QM05 might not be expensive costing just a mere 10 US dollars, but they sound completely astonishing!

Checkout my impression on these! :thumbsup:

Link...
Post #18167

-Clear

Sep 18, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #13,179 of 31,833
As someone who tends to struggle with proper isolation/fit with most types of tips aside from foam ones, and having issues with sibilance, which of the KZ AS10 or HiFi Walker A7 would be best? Was also considering the BQ3's, but the other two are more tempting to me at lower prices.

Sep 19, 2018 at 1:41 AM Post #13,180 of 31,833
You have my interest piqued. Although there have been many others that have claimed X iem is just as good or better than the T2 in the $50 and under category and for me none have even come close.

I'm a huge fan of the Sennheiser HD600 series sound signature and to me the T2 is like the HD600 with some of the Sennheiser veil lifted.
Actually, when it comes to resolution and imaging, they both are very compatable. But, the QM05 has some details that separate them both. With the QM05 the bass is slightly faster to the punch and leveled-off to a better position having better chemistry with the midrange, and in turn the midrange behaves better and doesn't show the peak that the T2 shows according the genre selected. The highs is slightly taylored to penetrate more effectively showing greater details overall. And finally, it can demonstrate a 3D-like soundstage that overwhelmes even my own senses to a higher level of enjoyment taking the number one spot on my personal list for top dynamic driver for now.

-Clear

Sep 19, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #13,181 of 31,833
Actually, when it comes to resolution and imaging, they both are very compatable. But, the QM05 has some details that separate them both. With the QM05 the bass is slightly faster to the punch and leveled-off to a better position having better chemistry with the midrange, and in turn the midrange behaves better and doesn't show the peak that the T2 shows according the genre selected. The highs is slightly taylored to penetrate more effectively showing greater details overall. And finally, it can demonstrate a 3D-like soundstage that overwhelmes even my own senses to a higher level of enjoyment taking the number one spot on my personal list for top dynamic driver for now.

-Clear

Tell me when it appears in gearbest or aliexpress :wink: Want to try.

Sep 19, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #13,184 of 31,833

Say whaaaaassa?

Wow, I am excited! ZS6 is one of my favorites, so the thought of it being improved even more is exciting. And that blue is great looking!

I would love to swap the red cover from one of my red ZS6 to the R side of those, to have color coded channels :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back