CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 29, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #9,871 of 31,833
Unless I used it incorrectly, 95,000¥ = $800+ so they don't quite fit in this thread. I'd also be highly skeptical about anything in that ad copy figuring it was just to justify a crazy price. So I'll stick with my comment that for these small bodied IEMs like the BossHifi B3 there's no sonic difference. I do think there's the potential for a reasonable difference in appearance.

not everyone can afford these, just pointing out your statement "no difference in sound regarding of material used in the small bodied iem" is not quite right.

Apr 29, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #9,872 of 31,833
Those are not even the star lines we people know...

Those are a stupid cheapo star line imitation, making the mids denty, like recessed and treble peaky(still not even to ZSR level), turning a good U shape dynamic feel multi driver to huge V shape

ZSR and older star line had different tip shape, they were wider and longer, helping in isolate.

These are like those filmy cheap tip with star line like impression on tip.

There's only 2 types of KZ starlines - the older (stiffer) grey ones, and the newer (softer) black ones.

They are the same size and shape, only the durometer rating of the silicone is different. They grey version also has a slight texture to them.

There are no "cheapo imitation" Starlines. No clue what you're talking about.

If you have proof of thse claims, please share it.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #9,873 of 31,833
not everyone can afford these, just pointing out your statement "no difference in sound regarding of material used in the small bodied iem" is not quite right.

It’s a valid opinion as one could argue that the linked statement is not objective. You have your belief, they have theirs.

Apr 29, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #9,874 of 31,833
Got my EINSEAR T2 long ago but didn't like them much, I keep them in the box for months.
They sound good but the nasty upper-mid peak spoil everything else. Lately, I've discovered that the T2 sounds very relaxed and detailed (no peaks at all) at low-moderate volume but starts to distort terribly when you turn the volume upon centair level. This explains why there're so many mixed reviews about this beast.

Apr 30, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #9,875 of 31,833
There's only 2 types of KZ starlines - the older (stiffer) grey ones, and the newer (softer) black ones.

They are the same size and shape, only the durometer rating of the silicone is different. They grey version also has a slight texture to them.

Well, I and techmanz and many people having this issue..

It feels pretty weird, its material is not like any of the old starlines(nor soft not rigid) but like some Chinese black sillicone

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:31 AM Post #9,876 of 31,833

well, whatever it is the tips that came with the zs10 are poop

Apr 30, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #9,877 of 31,833
Well, I and techmanz and many people having this issue..

It feels pretty weird, its material is not like any of the old starlines(nor soft not rigid) but like some Chinese black sillicone

The old grey silicone tips were replaced by the newer black silicone ones a while ago. I believe the ZS5 was the 1st IEM to come with the new tips if I recall correctly (or it could have been the ZS6).

And since the KZ tips are made in China, it would make sense that they use "some Chinese black silicone".

I still dont understand what the problem or "issue" is. Are they defective in some way? Does the material irritate your ears or something? Or do they not fit properly? Help me understand.

I mean, I've had a couple of them that were not formed in the mold all the way, so there was a small portion of the tip or the core missing (a bubble in the mold perhaps). But that was like 1 out of 100 tips. But outside of a few minor QC instances, the black tips seem perfectly functional (and preferable on some IEMs in fact).

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #9,878 of 31,833
The old grey silicone tips were replaced by the newer black silicone ones a while ago. I believe the ZS5 was the 1st IEM to come with the new tips if I recall correctly (or it could have been the ZS6).

And since the KZ tips are made in China, it would make sense that they use "some Chinese black silicone".

I still dont understand what the problem or "issue" is. Are they defective in some way? Does the material irritate your ears or something? Or do they not fit properly?

I mean, I've had a couple of them that were not formed in the mold all the way, so there was a small portion of the tip or the core missing (a bubble in the mold perhaps). But that was like 1 out of 100 tips. But outside of a few minor QC instances, the black tips seem perfectly functional (and preferable on some IEMs in fact).
irritate and doesn't make seal like orignal

~dhruvmeena96 here

Apr 30, 2018 at 2:46 AM Post #9,879 of 31,833
Because of the discussion I went back and rechecked the Starlines included with my ZS10 with those from a ZS5 and a few of the older greyish ones. Excepting color all are identical in shape with no obvious imperfections nor odd less detailed sections like what were shown in pics. All the darker black have the same tactile feel and springy-ness which is more rigid than the older greyish ones.

So I'm going to stay with my comment that what is happening is just from the cutthroat cheap manufacturing process. You got duds but it isn't a symptom of a change just of being unlucky.

Apr 30, 2018 at 4:49 AM Post #9,880 of 31,833
Because of the discussion I went back and rechecked the Starlines included with my ZS10 with those from a ZS5 and a few of the older greyish ones. Excepting color all are identical in shape with no obvious imperfections nor odd less detailed sections like what were shown in pics. All the darker black have the same tactile feel and springy-ness which is more rigid than the older greyish ones.

So I'm going to stay with my comment that what is happening is just from the cutthroat cheap manufacturing process. You got duds but it isn't a symptom of a change just of being unlucky.

also possible the starlines just suck with zs10, haven't tried them with anything else

Apr 30, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #9,881 of 31,833
I have two pairs of ZS10s from two different sellers. They both came with the same black Starlines that came with the ZS5, ZS6, ZSR, and ED15. Yeah, they suck with ZS10 for me due to the large body/shallow fit, but there's nothing weird about them. Standard KZ tips.

Apr 30, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #9,883 of 31,833
ZS10 sounds good with both whirlwind tips, symbio tips, spiral dots

Not with spinfits.

It sounds like laidback open stage v shape without any frequency going bonkers

Sounds amazing after neutralized with neutralizer + viper4android

Just neutralize it and then go field surround with mid strength to slight and field effect to level 1 or 2

It annihilate both dita dream and shurr846

Symbio tips needed or nicehck hybrid tips

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #9,884 of 31,833
I mentioned that zs10 sounded same with both starlines..

It is just that my zs10 star line is weird in springiness and is weirder than normal star lines

QC problems

This whole discussion began because you said to just throw away the Starlines. Yours must be defective for some reason. I am not going to throw away all my Starlines. I have used them on quite a few other iems. Sometimes they are the choice that just makes a certain iem fit right and sound right.

When my ZS10 arrives I see if I have a problem with the fit. Maybe I will need to use the large Starline instead of the medium. I have a box full of various tips. At this point I have no idea which tips came with which iems. Plus we have ordered different types of tips as well.

Apr 30, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #9,885 of 31,833
This whole discussion began because you said to just throw away the Starlines. Yours must be defective for some reason. I am not going to throw away all my Starlines. I have used them on quite a few other iems. Sometimes they are the choice that just makes a certain iem fit right and sound right.

When my ZS10 arrives I see if I have a problem with the fit. Maybe I will need to use the large Starline instead of the medium. I have a box full of various tips. At this point I have no idea which tips came with which iems. Plus we have ordered different types of tips as well.
Regarding one of your older post but a bit lazy to search...water in the UK tends to be very hard at some areas...this can can irritate the skin especially the ears when changing tips... So you can try either to apply a filter on the shower... Which works great and help the hair a lot and/or use olive oil that helps also remove the wax naturally....you get it from Boots or pharmacy.. Hope this helps...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back