CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 28, 2018 at 10:30 PM Post #9,841 of 31,845
Well throw them to me then. Those Starlines work best for me on many iems. Comfort and sound. Put some on a different iem tonight with amazing results.
Those are not even the star lines we people know...

Those are a stupid cheapo star line imitation, making the mids denty, like recessed and treble peaky(still not even to ZSR level), turning a good U shape dynamic feel multi driver to huge V shape

ZSR and older star line had different tip shape, they were wider and longer, helping in isolate.

These are like those filmy cheap tip with star line like impression on tip.

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:49 PM Post #9,842 of 31,845

Those are a stupid cheapo star line imitation, making the mids denty, like recessed and treble peaky(still not even to ZSR level), turning a good U shape dynamic feel multi driver to huge V shape

ZSR and older star line had different tip shape, they were wider and longer, helping in isolate.

I should have my KZ10 in a few days and will let you know what I think.

Often you make statements about various iems in a way that suggests your experience or opinion is the only correct one. There are so many variables. Different ear shapes. Different sources etc.

You do have me curious to see if the tips on my ZS10 will, in fact, be different from my other Starlines.

Has anyone else compared? This is the first time I am reading about this.

Apr 28, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #9,843 of 31,845
I should have my KZ10 in a few days and will let you know what I think.

Often you make statements about various iems in a way that suggests your experience or opinion is the only correct one. There are so many variables. Different ear shapes. Different sources etc.

You do have me curious to see if the tips on my ZS10 will, in fact, be different from my other Starlines.

Has anyone else compared? This is the first time I am reading about this.

Well that's why I ask the person preference before suggesting an iem.

There are many factors

Eardrum impedance
Ear canal shape
Sound diffusion due to in ear membrane
Ear shape
Brain perceiving the information.
Ear drum moving as a speaker when hit by sound.
Sickness

Etc

Etc

I want to say KZ zs10 is V shape with the fake star lines they shipped me(well mine was the pre order one)

But, the isolation is not the issue, the normal star lines(favorite tips of mine) is doing the same v thing

And then I shifted to spiral dot, upgrade cable and it made it U shape and more like a laid back experience

Apr 28, 2018 at 11:53 PM Post #9,844 of 31,845
Why can't KZ learn that the number of drivers is of no importance, if you can't properly tune and engineer those drivers to sound seamlessly with each other . The graphs from Otto motor and thephonograph show pretty horrible freq response, again KZ are showing what their aiming for, not the quality, but a quick buck, with a pompous presentation but an underwhelming substance.
Sad to see how much an undeserving attention they are getting, because there are now far more competition with a more mature quality targeted at a more audiophile-centric audience.

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:03 AM Post #9,845 of 31,845
Why can't KZ learn that the number of drivers is of no importance, if you can't properly tune and engineer those drivers to sound seamlessly with each other . The graphs from Otto motor and thephonograph show pretty horrible freq response, again KZ are showing what their aiming for, not the quality, but a quick buck, with a pompous presentation but an underwhelming substance.
Sad to see how much an undeserving attention they are getting, because there are now far more competition with a more mature quality targeted at a more audiophile-centric audience.

almost all of my iems (except the Tinaudio T2) have single driver

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:05 AM Post #9,846 of 31,845
Just ordered the DZAT DT-10, will probably arrive this week.

So far my Chifi experience has been as follows:
XiaoMi Piston 3
XiaoMi Hybrid Pro
Tennmak Pro
Betnew H1

Also tried the SE846 for 1 week.

Overall thoughts are as follows:
XiaoMi Piston 3 was surprisingly balanced, however slightly recessed mids.
XiaoMi Hybrid Pro was extremely V shaped, so much so that it felt like the mids were missing, slightly sibilant.
Tennmak Pro was extremely dark, bass was slightly bloated, highs were weak.
Betnew H1 has been the most surprising so far, surprisingly tight and punchy bass and balanced sound, slightly sibilant but less so than the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro. Build quality still could be improved due to being plastic.

Apr 29, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #9,847 of 31,845
Apr 29, 2018 at 2:39 AM Post #9,849 of 31,845
B443361F-E734-45EA-9373-4F16E3CDA922.jpeg

Yeah, reeaaally different...

Apr 29, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #9,850 of 31,845
Well, if anybody is shelling 50usd

Then get a KZ ZS10, throw the stupid eartips and get wide bore tip.

Then get a 8core silver cable...

And, holly molly, it sounds crazy amazing. Open back type experience with closed back bass
Are you using the KZ whirlwinds? I get a much better fit with starlines than the whirlwind tips since they are longer, and move less on the nozzle

As for the starlines, the pair that came with my ZS10s is pretty much the exact same as the ones I ordered from KZ months back

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #9,851 of 31,845
Are you using the KZ whirlwinds? I get a much better fit with starlines than the whirlwind tips since they are longer, and move less on the nozzle

As for the starlines, the pair that came with my ZS10s is pretty much the exact same as the ones I ordered from KZ months back
I'll second both the tip suggestion and the appearance of the packaged Starline tips. They do not have that mushy malformed appearance as in the photo. I'd guess you're just a victim of cheap quality control and cheap manufacturing and got some where a hopper of plastic on an assembly line should have been filled and wasn't or some machine needing calibration or maintenance.

I didn't get acceptable bass with these before I went with the 'poke it out my other ear' deep wearing style. Much deeper than I typically wear an IEM. But I then had good bass. I've had the same problem with the ZSR and TIN Audio T2 among others.

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #9,852 of 31,845
are spinfits worth 6 dollars?

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:40 AM Post #9,854 of 31,845
are spinfits worth 6 dollars?
If they fit you perfectly, I would say they are

but If starlines fit you comfortably, probably not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back