CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 27, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #9,766 of 31,833
Yes it's a night and day difference when you tape over the hole. I recently got my T2 and was very underwhelmed by the sound initially. Very anaemic/thin sounding due to the complete lack of bass. Though sub bass was there, just nothing above it. Made for a very unsatisfying and unbalanced listen. I'm not a basshead by any means but putting some micropore tape over the hole made an enormous difference. They really do sound great now. If I hadn't read up on the T2 after buying them and seeing the talk about the bass mod then I'd've probably put them away in a draw and never used them again. Quite why they're tuned to be so anaemic I don't know.

Although doing the micropore mod will increase midbass bleed, make the sound warmer, and loosing a little of the soundstage. also taping the vent somehow making it more fatiguing to listen, i don't know why.
I prefer not taping them nowadays

Apr 27, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #9,767 of 31,833
How does the North Forest compare to say TIN Audio T2? Aside from the bassy vs neutral of course.
Way more Bass and smoother treble..

But it comes in balanced-warm sound with enjoyable mids. Technically it is slower than TinAudio T2.

TinAudio T2 is way faster and is more of balanced a neutral with crystal clear sound(not treble heavy). Mids can be sharp sometimes but never sibilant.

@Slater @chipbutty

You both came from warm signature....well etymotic er4 is pinnacle of neutrality and you both will not be liking it. You will review it as bass anaemic and very under emphasized treble but let me tell you both, it is amazing once you get used to it. Same with TinAudio T2, but is having a little more bass rumble and better treble.

TinAudio is tuned to be neutral

Apr 27, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #9,768 of 31,833
Yes it's a night and day difference when you tape over the hole. I recently got my T2 and was very underwhelmed by the sound initially. Very anaemic/thin sounding due to the complete lack of bass. Though sub bass was there, just nothing above it. Made for a very unsatisfying and unbalanced listen. I'm not a basshead by any means but putting some micropore tape over the hole made an enormous difference. They really do sound great now. If I hadn't read up on the T2 after buying them and seeing the talk about the bass mod then I'd've probably put them away in a draw and never used them again. Quite why they're tuned to be so anaemic I don't know.
Is the isolation ok?

Apr 27, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #9,769 of 31,833
I don't think ZS10 sounds good. But it sounds 95% identical to Samsung Galaxy S8's included AKG-tuned earphones in volume, warmth, and color/tone. From reading the sound glossary, I put the ZS10 as sounding very warm, but I heard the S8 AKG ones, which both sound identical (and I'm not rounding), described as balanced. ZS10 sounds different from Rock Zircon, Memt X5.... The only higher-priced IEM I have is Tin Audio T2, which sounds crystal clear, not forward, and lively, when both unmodded and modded. On the ZS10's, vocals, acoustic guitar, and sounds overall, except bass and cymbals, sound covered up/played down way too far. All my expectations fell short after I've heard the T2. Feedbacks on Ali say ZS10's are the best sounding IEM, its sound is excellent, or it's better than ZS5v1 (which are revered). I do not understanding why I don't like the ZS10, but earphone reviewers (and AKG) like this sound. Can someone clear all this up for me? I can't experience better, so I'm very ignorant around everyone here.

ZS10 is warm, no question there. I can definitely see why someone would dislike the sound especially if they're used to brighter earphones. Like I said over on my channel, I think it's pretty good, but, there is no universal signature that everyone is going to fall in love with, or at least I doubt there is. KZ would surely have found it by now with the number of earphones they've released :wink: hahaha. Also, the T2 is pretty awesome and ZS10's subdued treble and mids would take some time to become accustomed to after listening to them back-to-back. I bet the ZSR would be more up your alley.

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:18 AM Post #9,770 of 31,833
...KZ would surely have found it by now with the number of earphones they've released...
The thought popped in my head that I shouldn't be desiring the most analytical earphones, but just enjoy the experience of all the different sounds. I read your reply a minute later and you say it spot on and much better. By the way, I really liked seeing all the KZ boxes on your video. After my first impression, I rotated through all my IEMs and only liked the T2 above the rest. I wanted a flat IEM and thought the T2's might be the closest, but maybe they are classified as bright, which you mentioned above. A minute before I saw your reply, I suddenly knew it doesn't have to be just the T2 that's good, and that I do like the ZS10, after. Thank you for your ZSR suggestion, B9Scrambler. What is your channel, you said?

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #9,771 of 31,833
Hello! Did anyone test Yatian ARTISTE DC1 Hi-Res earphones with ceramic driver? They look very promising to become a new gem. Unfortunately for me all available reviews are in Chinese. These reviews are very positive, but I wasn't able to understand how do these earphones sound. One owner says they sound warm and another one says they are neutral. One says they are great for male vocals and another one prefers the female's. I'd like to know live impressions.
Specs: 32 Ohms, 20-40000 KHz, 103 db/mW, 13mm moving coil + 12 mm piezoelectric ceramic driver.

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #9,772 of 31,833
The thought popped in my head that I shouldn't be desiring the most analytical earphones, but just enjoy the experience of all the different sounds. I read your reply a minute later and you say it spot on and much better. By the way, I really liked seeing all the KZ boxes on your video. After my first impression, I rotated through all my IEMs and only liked the T2 above the rest. I wanted a flat IEM and thought the T2's might be the closest, but maybe they are classified as bright, which you mentioned above. A minute before I saw your reply, I suddenly knew it doesn't have to be just the T2 that's good, and that I do like the ZS10, after. Thank you for your ZSR suggestion, B9Scrambler. What is your channel, you said?

I personally don't find the T2 bright at all, but I know some do. If you want a flat iem for around 50 USD, try to hunt down the Havi B3 Pro I. Hard to find, but still a great earphone. My Youtube page is the channel I'm referring to :) Same thing.

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #9,773 of 31,833
Hello! Did anyone test Yatian ARTISTE DC1 Hi-Res earphones with ceramic driver? They look very promising to become a new gem. Unfortunately for me all available reviews are in Chinese. These reviews are very positive, but I wasn't able to understand how do these earphones sound. One owner says they sound warm and another one says they are neutral. One says they are great for male vocals and another one prefers the female's. I'd like to know live impressions.
Specs: 32 Ohms, 20-40000 KHz, 103 db/mW, 13mm moving coil + 12 mm piezoelectric ceramic driver.

Well, we will try and catch up to you...

ceramic driver are better than many drivers but are now old school.

Go for Tesla or graphene

Single driver is recommended if you try your conquest on your own.

But if following suggestions here

NiceHCK bro
TinAudio T2
Rose North Forest
IBasso it01 etc

Apr 27, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #9,774 of 31,833
Well, we will try and catch up to you...

ceramic driver are better than many drivers but are now old school.

Go for Tesla or graphene

Single driver is recommended if you try your conquest on your own.

But if following suggestions here

NiceHCK bro
TinAudio T2
Rose North Forest
IBasso it01 etc

Is there any chi- Tesla -fi IEM?

Any significant performance between Tesla vs Graphenes? Which is more significant

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #9,776 of 31,833
Is there any chi- Tesla -fi IEM?

Any significant performance between Tesla vs Graphenes? Which is more significant

I meant to say graphene or Tesla or both

Well graphene diaphragm is light, very stiff and strong leading to ideal diaphragm condition.

This reduces harmonic breakdown, THD, TUHD and driver induced noise.

Lighter and thinner diaphragm makes driver easy to move making the sound decay less and extends both side.

Tesla coil and magnet arrangement (do whatever you want, but overall flux should be near to 1 Tesla.

This leads to powerful, fast and accurate movement reducing the decay and helps in extension....and it also helps in volume.

ChiFi Tesla.

Zhiyin z5000
iBasso IT01

Apr 27, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #9,777 of 31,833
Well, I tried dita dream

Single review

@B9Scrambler

(Zhiyin Z5000 + alpha and delta D6)*neutrality on mids and treble= Dita dream

It has soundstage bigger than any dynamic I have ever tried. Just that subbass and lower mid bass boost takes away some of the airy presence.

But man, this soundstage, this stage depth.....its bigger than HD800 with HDV unit.

Apr 27, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #9,778 of 31,833
Would you audio sages and gurus consider letting this $16 angel sing to your ears: IAXSEE SD-08, on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Headphones-M...0778G1X9L/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
Looks almost identical to Timmkoo C630 and friends, but this one has a single 10mm driver according to the crummy paper box it came in, which I can't find at the moment. Here are my noob's opinion: bass is strong and decently detailed, a bit too muddy with stock narrow bore tips but opens up nicely with wide bore ones. Mid is delicious though - Jazz voices are warm and smooth. Treble is smooth, very similar to iBasso IT-01, but I haven't done any side by side comparison. If you think the C630 too bright, then this probably is perfect. Sound stage is amazing - it can be very spacious for certain songs and cozy for others, depending on how they were recorded. Overall these remind me a lot of the IT-01.
My small collection of IEMs currently include Final Heaven V, E2000, iBasso IT-01, this SD-08, and the 2 little gems I acquired because of this thread: C630, Uiisii CM5. Driving them with my LG V20, mostly in "external device" mode to provide a bit extra juice. Also bought Timmkoo ES636, but it's impossible to find good seal after a lot of trying. So those are going back.

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:24 PM Post #9,779 of 31,833
I made a quick unboxing video for you guys of the BGVP SGZ-DN1, first impressions of them will be coming shortly!

Apr 27, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #9,780 of 31,833
Would you audio sages and gurus consider letting this $16 angel sing to your ears: IAXSEE SD-08, on Amazon

I will try them. They are on Amazon UK.

If you think the C630 too bright, then this probably is perfect. Sound stage is amazing

I did find the C630 too bright. I gifted them to my husband and got the C610 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back