CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 8, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #16,097 of 31,832
Got my original Sony MH755 and they are very good. Unbelievably good for 7$ actually! I think they better out my 5th gen ATE/ATR.
Will certainly put those drivers into ZS3/ZS4 shells with removeable cable and make awsome workhorse IEM for myself ;P

Feb 8, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #16,098 of 31,832
My Tin Audio T3 review just went live. To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. This time the hype is real. Enjoy :wink:
https://primeaudio.org/tin-audio-t3-review/

DSC_0494_result.jpg

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:36 PM Post #16,101 of 31,832
Where are my ****'s? They left country of origin on the 27th, and here we are 12 days later and *poof* vanished into thin air. They have yet to make it off the plane apparently. Longest I have ever waited on a package from Jim is 14 days with most being 9-11 days. I have actually lost interest in them. Don't even want them anymore.

BTW. Is anybody actually using the little DEVO tips with thiers?

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #16,102 of 31,832
impressions please, i am waiting for the ****
I will in a few days, but with mt current set of iems and with all of them being very competitive I'm having a hard time to distinguish quality in clarity and can only notice via direct comparison the nuances between them. Either the Crescent is much harder to drive than the ****, or the **** is much easier to drive than the Crescent, but I needed to ramp up the volume of the Crescent much more. Initial impressions for both, I think the Crescent sound signature is pretty close to the KPE, with a touch more midbass and treble. Thinking about it, I think the **** is `balanced` as described by @1clearhead and the bumps in the fr graph is why I needed to reduce the volume compared to the much flatter Crescent. I tried the weird included tips, and they DO sounded closer to neutral with much wider soundstage compared to the tips I decided to put on them, Final Type E.

Right now, I'm just enjoying them both. :)

Oh, make sure to prep an mmcx cable for the **** before you get it, unless you don't mind using the rubber cable with mic on it. It's a good thing I had a spare 6 core lying around and I don't need to wait for a cable replacement (I don't like inline controls in cable).

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:46 PM Post #16,103 of 31,832
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #16,104 of 31,832
A cheaper AAW-Q was already made, but they're pretty hard to find. The Senzer S10. I can't comment on the sound, as I don't own them, I just remember seeing them pop up on Amazon some time ago

Thanks for telling me about Senzer S10. Yes, there is just one review of these on head-fi and apparently the SQ is not good on these - apparently the base is boomy & drowns out mids & everything else. What a waste of such a nice IEM shell!

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #16,105 of 31,832
I will in a few days, but with mt current set of iems and with all of them being very competitive I'm having a hard time to distinguish quality in clarity and can only notice via direct comparison the nuances between them. Either the Crescent is much harder to drive than the ****, or the **** is much easier to drive than the Crescent, but I needed to ramp up the volume of the Crescent much more. Initial impressions for both, I think the Crescent sound signature is pretty close to the KPE, with a touch more midbass and treble. Thinking about it, I think the **** is `balanced` as described by @1clearhead and the bumps in the fr graph is why I needed to reduce the volume compared to the much flatter Crescent. I tried the weird included tips, and they DO sounded closer to neutral with much wider soundstage compared to the tips I decided to put on them, Final Type E.

Right now, I'm just enjoying them both. :)

Oh, make sure to prep an mmcx cable for the **** before you get it, unless you don't mind using the rubber cable with mic on it. It's a good thing I had a spare 6 core lying around and I don't need to wait for a cable replacement (I don't like inline controls in cable).
i have balanced cable waiting for them, how is the treble? i saw the graph and the treble seems fully extended

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #16,106 of 31,832
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #16,107 of 31,832
i have balanced cable waiting for them, how is the treble? i saw the graph and the treble seems fully extended
Listening to it right now with Wagakki Band and Baby Metal (remastered). Nothing pops up as spikes for me, and sibilance only on the most sibilant tracks (ssss rather than sshh). Treble feels more more elevated than bass, but is still able to give me that sense of 'balanced' sound so it shouldn't be too elevated. Instruments are clear and have space to breathe, maybe too much space to breathe on the treble. Cymbals are better on the crescent, as there's a slight roll off with the cymbals on the **** (listening to Chocolate by Babymetal which is peppered with cymbals all throughout the song, as well as a tambourine like sound).

I think the **** sounds like it needs more power to wake up the BA, and my poor Sonata HD isn't up to the task. The Crescent is harder to drive, almost at full volume already, but it doesn't sound like it needs more power if that makes sense? With more power, I think the slight roll off with the cymbals I hear will disappear.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #16,108 of 31,832
Anyone ever see this?

Linklike QUAD Dynamic Drive Hi-Res Extra Bass Earbuds Headphones Wired Earbuds with Microphone,Lightweight Earphones with Volume Control 3.5mm Jack,In-Ear Headphones,Linklike Classic2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L738NLT

Each side has Dual dynamic drivers, 1 is a biofiber diaphragm and the other is a titanium plated diaphragm.

Also the shell is open-backed, which is unusual for EarPod designs. Should (in theory) have a nice open sound.

Anyone willing to be a guinea pig and try it out?

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #16,109 of 31,832
Anyone ever see this?

Linklike QUAD Dynamic Drive Hi-Res Extra Bass Earbuds Headphones Wired Earbuds with Microphone,Lightweight Earphones with Volume Control 3.5mm Jack,In-Ear Headphones,Linklike Classic2

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L738NLT

Each side has Dual dynamic drivers, 1 is a biofiber diaphragm and the other is a titanium plated diaphragm.

Also the shell is open-backed, which is unusual for EarPod designs. Should (in theory) have a nice open sound.

Anyone willing to be a guinea pig and try it out?
This looks VERY interesting... though, I`m not fan of earpods.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #16,110 of 31,832
Listening to it right now with Wagakki Band and Baby Metal (remastered). Nothing pops up as spikes for me, and sibilance only on the most sibilant tracks (ssss rather than sshh). Treble feels more more elevated than bass, but is still able to give me that sense of 'balanced' sound so it shouldn't be too elevated. Instruments are clear and have space to breathe, maybe too much space to breathe on the treble. Cymbals are better on the crescent, as there's a slight roll off with the cymbals on the **** (listening to Chocolate by Babymetal which is peppered with cymbals all throughout the song, as well as a tambourine like sound).

I think the **** sounds like it needs more power to wake up the BA, and my poor Sonata HD isn't up to the task. The Crescent is harder to drive, almost at full volume already, but it doesn't sound like it needs more power if that makes sense? With more power, I think the slight roll off with the cymbals I hear will disappear.
That's right. The **** is quite power hungry. I use a Fiio A5 on high gain and the **** really comes alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back