CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 13, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #1,396 of 31,833
I have only listened to the E109s so far, and very briefly. (Long day at work).  The E107s are $10.43 vs $8.09 for the E109s, so I expect the E107s to be at least 20% better. 
wink_face.gif
  I will give them both a serious listen over the weekend, and report back. 

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:02 AM Post #1,397 of 31,833
Originally Posted by SolidusSnake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I just bought the BossHifi B8 to add to my small collection of headphones.
When they arrive in a month or so, customs is a pain if you add express shipping.

Anyway, when they arrive I will try to do a review of them and take a few good pictures with some universal color palates so they anyone can adjust their display to see what the color of the wood etc is really like. 
I may also do a tear-down, and some mod testing. 
As for what I will be testing against, it would be a relatively long list so I will cut it down to:
AKG K240
AKG Q460
Samson SR850 (Modded and standard)
Audio Technica ATH-M40X
Takstar Pro 80 (as the kingston HyperX Cloud 2's)
^^ That's it for the list that I own personally
[and a few stax at a shop that I can listen to]

Update: The Bosshifi B8 have arrived at the post office and I'll collect them on Monday, after 14 days of "inspection" What.
Hopefully no surprises. Ill do an initial listen, comfort, and durability tests swath, after which they will go on the burn for a day or two. Ill probably also take some basic pics when I get them and then the more important ones later in the review, which will include disassembly pics, and mod pics.

My replacement Q460 arrived (this time in black in stead of white/black) in the mean time since the last post, because one of the ear cups stopped working and they were still in warranty. So having a fresh listen to them as well. First thing I can say is that some of the materials are somewhat different, probably from a different batch.

Also please guys let me know if there are any other headphones or earphones you want me to review if you like my review when it is finished.
I'll probably do one order a month for headphones/iems between $50-100 or alternatively 2 orders for iems $0-45 to review. but remember how long stuff takes to deliver here. Roughly 1 1/2 months

Oct 14, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #1,398 of 31,833
If you you enjoy big bass, great vocals and smooth a treble then I suggest the TKH1. They can be finicky tip wise though

Oct 14, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #1,399 of 31,833
Hey@Vidal. I personally have the KZ ED9s and have to say, they really blow my mind for it's price. This is especially so with the balanced nozzle. Apart from it's rather heavy build (in my opinion, it really is a good set to have. The bass nozzles will also satisfy the bassheads out there. With the two different nozzles, I really believe that set will suit almost everyone out there. I would say the ED9s is a good one. Just my opinion. Cheers

P. S new headfi-er here, by the way

I actually went with the Joyroom E107. I discounted the ED9 when I showed my missus the interchangeable nozzles to change the sound, her reaction was "why?"

I guess that sums up the non-audiophile public to our little hobby. I think the E107 will have a wider appeal and still have that wow factor. How can something so small so so good etc.

Oct 14, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #1,400 of 31,833
I actually went with the Joyroom E107. I discounted the ED9 when I showed my missus the interchangeable nozzles to change the sound, her reaction was "why?"

I guess that sums up the non-audiophile public to our little hobby. I think the E107 will have a wider appeal and still have that wow factor. How can something so small so so good etc.

How do those 107's compare to the usual KZ's? Like the ATE por ATR.

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:35 AM Post #1,407 of 31,833

Ah Yes, totally agree with that point. Majority of the general public take little notice of even the slightest details coming out of their earphones now. Such a pity... Nice choice with the Joyrooms. If it's for the general public, it will definitely be a good choice for them given the fact that it is a general all-rounder in one package .

Oct 14, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #1,408 of 31,833

Rather intrigued by this pair of earphones, the Doosl In Ear Stereo Wired HiFi, found at AliExpress at US17.75. Anyone got this? What is your take on this? A beau it is, I have to admit.

http://s.aliexpress.com/QziIjIRv

Oct 14, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #1,409 of 31,833

Rather intrigued by this pair of earphones, the Doosl In Ear Stereo Wired HiFi, found at AliExpress at US17.75. Anyone got this? What is your take on this? A beau it is, I have to admit.

http://s.aliexpress.com/QziIjIRv

Looks like a copy of the new Astrotec earphones GX50

Oct 14, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #1,410 of 31,833
Update: The Bosshifi B8 have arrived at the post office and I'll collect them on Monday, after 14 days of "inspection" What.
Hopefully no surprises. Ill do an initial listen, comfort, and durability tests swath, after which they will go on the burn for a day or two. Ill probably also take some basic pics when I get them and then the more important ones later in the review, which will include disassembly pics, and mod pics.

My replacement Q460 arrived (this time in black in stead of white/black) in the mean time since the last post, because one of the ear cups stopped working and they were still in warranty. So having a fresh listen to them as well. First thing I can say is that some of the materials are somewhat different, probably from a different batch.

Also please guys let me know if there are any other headphones or earphones you want me to review if you like my review when it is finished.
I'll probably do one order a month for headphones/iems between $50-100 or alternatively 2 orders for iems $0-45 to review. but remember how long stuff takes to deliver here. Roughly 1 1/2 months

I look forward to it, mine are probably a couple of weeks away so it will be nice to know somewhat to expect. They look promising though.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back