CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 4, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #1,336 of 31,833

has anyone made comparison about how good is the tennmak pro vs the likes of say **** 4in1  or kz leading iem ZS3 and seahf dual dynamic driver iem etc.
do tennmak have any weaknesses.

I have the T Pro and I'm getting my **** 4 in 1 tomorrow.... :)

Let us know how their soundstage compares. I`m really interested about T Pro. Of course - make sure You get right tips for 4in1 and try also different cables.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #1,337 of 31,833
  Hmmm... You made me really interested about T Pro with that claim. Out of my modded DX50 b3p1 had very large soundstage but I didn`t like it without amp (and I intend having no amp).

The excess bass part... I can probably tune that with my modifications :wink:

But I wanted to ask what was the source gear and music quality and genre used?

Hi CoiL, i find the T Pro has an excellent soundstage. i compared it to my Dunu Titan 1, RHA M750 and DN 1000 and it keeps up wonderfully, if anything it adds a bit more depth i feel.

I use DACMAGIC XS 2 on my laptop (which admittedly does wonders for soundstage being very airy and spacious) and i used an Xduoo X3 DAP with Cayin C5).

One thing for sure is tip rotation helps, i feel the closer the ear gets to the speakers really helps so i use... God, i can't remember... I think silcons that came with Trinity Audio Delta.

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #1,338 of 31,833
  Let us know how their soundstage compares. I`m really interested about T Pro. Of course - make sure You get right tips for 4in1 and try also different cables.

I'm really looking forward to the S 4 in 1s, I got them for £37 on eBay uk, could have got them cheaper from Asia but couldn't wait that long 
gs1000.gif

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:58 PM Post #1,339 of 31,833

vidal, my oracle: would you say at $30 the flamenco are a good buy in the context of all the miraculous $30 iems touted on these pages?

I think the Flamenco is a superb buy. They're one of my favourite IEMs and if you look at my profile they can compete with some big players. I'm not sure if it's the depth into the canal that makes them sound as if the soundstage is massive, but I'm fairly certain it's just part of their signature.

The bass is very accurate, very musical sounding (is that the right words?). They have slightly brighter upper mids which gives it good clarity and never gets harsh. $30 is great value imo.

One thing i really like about them is how well they stay in. get the right tip and you're on to a winner, i use a medium sized silicon. I can take some photos if you want.

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #1,341 of 31,833

Did they remind you of the Rockets because of the bass? I have the Rockets and I surely do not think they have much bass. Quite the contrary.

I found with the Rockets you needed the right tip and the olives (?) they came with where just awful. I didn't necessarily mean they were similar in terms of the KZ having big bass, it was more on the overall signature. the bass on the Rockets was agile and had great resolution (like the ATE) but it was pretty unique in the way it was kept separate from the mids/highs... like the KZ ATE.

The Rockets were priced at £170 and i returned them pretty quickly as they did not reflect their price point. Luckily HiFiHeadphones.uk have an excellent returns policy. They actually allow you to try them and if you are not happy return them... as long as you keep the package in the exact same condition as purchased.

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,342 of 31,833
Did they remind you of the Rockets because of the bass? I have the Rockets and I surely do not think they have much bass. Quite the contrary.

I've got both the ATE and the Rockets and while I agree on the ATE having a lot of bass the only similarities I see between the two is that they're both IEM's making sound.....

harry501501
For everybody's sake you should at least learn how to multi quote before you post, it's not difficult. If you're on a phone it's just to press the quote sign on several posts, if you're on a computer you press the multi quote sign on all the posts you'd like to quote and on the last one you just press quote. It's against the posting guidelines for this forum to spam the way you do......

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:08 PM Post #1,343 of 31,833

I found with the Rockets you needed the right tip and the olives (?) they came with where just awful. I didn't necessarily mean they were similar in terms of the KZ having big bass, it was more on the overall signature. the bass on the Rockets was agile and had great resolution (like the ATE) but it was pretty unique in the way it was kept separate from the mids/highs... like the KZ ATE.

The Rockets were priced at £170 and i returned them pretty quickly as they did not reflect their price point. Luckily HiFiHeadphones.uk have an excellent returns policy. They actually allow you to try them and if you are not happy return them... as long as you keep the package in the exact same condition as purchased.

sorry for hijacking the thread a bit, but I've no idea how you put multiple quotes in to the one post lol

I think the Flamenco is a superb buy. They're one of my favourite IEMs and if you look at my profile they can compete with some big players. I'm not sure if it's the depth into the canal that makes them sound as if the soundstage is massive, but I'm fairly certain it's just part of their signature.

The bass is very accurate, very musical sounding (is that the right words?). They have slightly brighter upper mids which gives it good clarity and never gets harsh. $30 is great value imo.

One thing i really like about them is how well they stay in. get the right tip and you're on to a winner, i use a medium sized silicon. I can take some photos if you want.

How to do multi quotes. Kind of like this. Either click "Quote" and then copy the output from your Reply window to another reply window (for posts on multiple pages), or just click the "quote" button on all the posts that you want to quote and they will stack in the reply window (for posts on the same page). Hope that helps. Also hope mods don't get on your case because of it.
EDIT: there is also the ' ""Multi ' button next to the ' '"Quote' button that selects multiple posts.

Oct 4, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,345 of 31,833

How to do multi quotes. Kind of like this. Either click "Quote" and then copy the output from your Reply window to another reply window (for posts on multiple pages), or just click the "quote" button on all the posts that you want to quote and they will stack in the reply window (for posts on the same page). Hope that helps. Also hope mods don't get on your case because of it.
EDIT: there is also the ' ""Multi ' button next to the ' '"Quote' button that selects multiple posts.

Quote:

actually, i didn't know how to do multi-quotes until now either.
thanks for the feedback harry--i'm a sucker for micro--drivers and have the flamenco on my list for when my buying moratorium gets lifted...

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #1,346 of 31,833
  I have the T Pro and I'm getting my **** 4 in 1 tomorrow.... :)

I've had both for a couple of weeks.  These observations are based on using them with an iFi Micro iDSD connected via USB to my PC, and with them plugged directly into my Nexus 5 & Nexus 7.

The Tennmak Pro Dual has good bass & highs, but more mid-range, so they sound more balanced / forward to me.  These were the least expensive of the 5 sets of earphones I ordered at the end of August.  They have a very comfortable fit, and their mid-range seems to be similar to the BossHiFi B3.

The **** 4 in 1 has more of a V-shaped sound, with more prominent low bass, and clear highs, without being sibilant.  These are heavier than the Tennmak Pro Dual, and aren't quite as comfortable for my ears.  (NOTE: With these, I'm more likely to switch Off the Bass Boost on the iDSD.)

Take Care,
David Baldock

Oct 4, 2016 at 10:16 PM Post #1,347 of 31,833
I've had both for a couple of weeks.  These observations are based on using them with an iFi Micro iDSD connected via USB to my PC, and with them plugged directly into my Nexus 5 & Nexus 7.

The Tennmak Pro Dual has good bass & highs, but more mid-range, so they sound more balanced / forward to me.  These were the least expensive of the 5 sets of earphones I ordered at the end of August.  They have a very comfortable fit, and their mid-range seems to be similar to the BossHiFi B3.

The **** 4 in 1 has more of a V-shaped sound, with more prominent low bass, and clear highs, without being sibilant.  These are heavier than the Tennmak Pro Dual, and aren't quite as comfortable for my ears.  (NOTE: With these, I'm more likely to switch Off the Bass Boost on the iDSD.)

Take Care,
David Baldock
How do you like the Micro iDSD for driving these budget IEMs compared to right out of the phone jack?

What's the difference between the Tennmak Pro and the Tennmak Pro Dual?

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #1,348 of 31,833
How is the tennmak pro bass quantity and impact compared to 4in1 and which has better seperation, clarity micro details and 3d soundstage. Are mids in pro as thin as 4in1 or thicker in pro. Overall which one is better and is the difference big.

Thank you.

Oct 4, 2016 at 11:26 PM Post #1,349 of 31,833
How do you like the Micro iDSD for driving these budget IEMs compared to right out of the phone jack?

What's the difference between the Tennmak Pro and the Tennmak Pro Dual?

Well, for one thing, I'm old fashioned and really like the rotary volume control on the Amp...  
wink_face.gif

Before I ordered the sampling of budget IEMs, I was using the iDSD to drive my Beyerdynamic DT-831 (250Ω) headphones - which do sound better with the amp than directly driven by the cellphone and tablet.  Actually, the iDSD is the "Preamp" for my PC sound system - the line outputs feed Y-cables that go to the PreSonus Aris 4.5 powered Monitors on my desk, and to a Polk PSW110 Subwoofer that sits beside my recliner & desk.  I can easily adjust the Bass level on the PSW110 (so I don't bother my neighbors in this condominium), or switch all the powered speakers Off, when I want to turn up the volume a bit and listen using headphones.

Mainly what I've been listening to, is some older Big Band and Jazz CDs that I'm converting to flac files to play on DAPs, and some Celtic music channels streamed from TuneIn Radio (current favorite is the 130 kb AAC stream of SomaFM: ThistleRadio - http://tunein.com/radio/SomaFM-ThistleRadio-s247228/?streamid=68851886 ).

For the Tennmak Pro earphones, there is no difference, except what the shops on AliExpress call them.  I bought mine from the Tennmak shop, and their subject line is:
"Tennmak Pro Dual Dynamic Driver Professional In Ear Sport Detach Earphone with 4 drivers inside Vs SE215 SE535"
The other shop is Paragon, and their subject line is:
"2016 new original tennmak Pro 3.5 jack in ear sport earphone for xiaomi phone piston 3 pk diy se535 headset se215 ie800 handfree"
All the images are the same on both shops.

Take Care,
David Baldock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back