CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 21, 2018 at 12:11 PM Post #12,541 of 31,833
I have good subbass with my ED16. I have a good seal with spinfit tips but stock were usable as well ( just a little more difficult to position..

@Slater you really need to hear one.

There is excellent subbass...modding will just ruin these.

Yeah, I’ve been meaning to pick up a set. Perhaps during the 11.11 sale. Since KZ stopped making them, once they’re gone they’re gone. And then I’m sure I’ll kick myself!

And yes, it does sound like the tip and/or seal was his issue, as I don’t know many KZs that don’t have deep sub bass. That’s definitely 1 thing you can count on with them!

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2018 at 8:29 PM Post #12,543 of 31,833
Telling you, if i had to sell all my gear but only keep one item it would be the ARTISTE DC1, no contest. For my own tastes I'll struggle to find something i enjoy more no matter what the price. It is the first time I've ever bought a spare set just in case. these are defo in the more elite end of the budget world for me which is crazy as i spent £25.

Now here's what i wonder... I've put off buying the Tin Audio T2 and the RevoNext RN-QT2 for ages. Would you put them in the same bracket when talking about overall refinement and maturity of the sound?

Aug 22, 2018 at 7:59 AM Post #12,544 of 31,833
After reading a lot of recommendations for the Artiste DC1 over here I decided to get them today ( amazon uk @ £22.99) and see how they compare with my KZ ED16 which I really like and enjoy, but had trouble with the over the ear configuration as I wear glasses for most of the day.
Hoping for a similar or better experience.

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #12,545 of 31,833
After reading a lot of recommendations for the Artiste DC1 over here I decided to get them today ( amazon uk @ £22.99) and see how they compare with my KZ ED16 which I really like and enjoy, but had trouble with the over the ear configuration as I wear glasses for most of the day.
Hoping for a similar or better experience.

I think you will be very happy with the Artiste. It is very comfortable and easy to put in and take out. I am using the KZ Starline tips on mine.

I agree that the over the ear style can be troublesome at times. I wear glassses also and have long hair. I have to be very particular as to what type of cable I use with an over ear. I am not using the stock cable with my ED16...I am using the one that came with my husband's ZSA. I am using spinfit tips that came with some Dunu iems of his. It is handy sometimes to have two headfiers in the house:)

R0013603.JPG

Aug 22, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #12,546 of 31,833
Telling you, if i had to sell all my gear but only keep one item it would be the ARTISTE DC1, no contest. For my own tastes I'll struggle to find something i enjoy more no matter what the price. It is the first time I've ever bought a spare set just in case. these are defo in the more elite end of the budget world for me which is crazy as i spent £25.

Now here's what i wonder... I've put off buying the Tin Audio T2 and the RevoNext RN-QT2 for ages. Would you put them in the same bracket when talking about overall refinement and maturity of the sound?

Can you help describe the DC1 sound as compared to the Pinnacle p1 and LZ A4. I am looking for an inexpensive iem for commuting and hoping these would fit the bill

Aug 22, 2018 at 4:08 PM Post #12,550 of 31,833
has anyone heard Focal Spark here?

Aug 22, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #12,551 of 31,833
Can you help describe the DC1 sound as compared to the Pinnacle p1 and LZ A4. I am looking for an inexpensive iem for commuting and hoping these would fit the bill

God it's been a while since i had the P1 but the P1 wasn't a favourite of mine as sibilance was an issue and i never liked the fit. As far as the LZA4 is concerned you wouldn't believe there was such a price gap. The DC1 can actually sound the more refined and controlled. the LZA4 is great, but for me the low end (which is fun) can get in the way of the mids which makes the DC1 sound cleaner and the more detailed of the two. You wouldn't be disappointed buying the DC1

Aug 22, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #12,553 of 31,833
Good day, all. Just bought ED16 online and not sure if this actually a feature or got myself a faulty pair.
Was playing on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X and around 1:38-1:41 got this sound like your speaker diaphragm foil punched and produced that nasty, ear piercing sound. I'm not sure what's the term.
Is this normal? Feels like it's not. Plenty of them in this track I was listening to but just highlighting particular second for ease and save time.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #12,554 of 31,833
I actually have this Yirumi album in flac and the piano is playing the very high notes, it is sharp enough on the flac album but it is horrendous in the youtube clip

Aug 22, 2018 at 6:45 PM Post #12,555 of 31,833
around 1:38-1:41 got this sound like your speaker diaphragm foil punched and produced that nasty, ear piercing sound

I tried it with the headphones that I happened to have at my desk and right at the point you mention, I heard something sharp in my left ear. I expect that my high frequency hearing rolls off sooner than yours (assuming you are younger than I am) so for you it would probably be much more ear piercing. Youtube videos are not known for being the highest quality but some are much more listenable than others. This one is not good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back