CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 8, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #8,971 of 31,833
It happen time to time with my NiceHCK EBX, but less violently....i'm confuse about that as well....did you try to push hard and screw it. I guess so...and blow and all intuitive ''must save this shyt'' stuff.
HCK is very collaborative, I don't think you will have problem. Your video is very explicit.
For my EBX I will contact him if it became very invasive. This is one thing I don't like about MMCX connection....feel this type of thing happen less with 2pin.

Hum, yeah, MMCX can be problematic for sure, especially with to tigh connection one, I break a **** UE custom because it was too hard to disconnect it break it and do connection issue. We must be very cautious about disconnection this cable.

I used the contact cleaner from the UE900S but it made no difference. I looked at it with a x30 magnifier and can't see anything wrong with it or different tom the other earpiece. Maybe it is oxidization. You notice the free cable that has not become greener in Calgary's arid climate.

Anyway, would be frightening if this happened to a $1200 iem. If the MMCX contacts are a risk, Slater, I hope the benefits outweigh it.

Apr 8, 2018 at 12:12 PM Post #8,972 of 31,833
@Nymphonomaniac do you think its worth a try for the tennmak dulcimer.. for bassheads.. or do you think the z5000 is better with bass what u think? shall I skip the tennmak dulcimer?
Mids are more recessed with the Dulcimer and they got less microdetails and smaller soundstage, I know they are bassy....but as i'm not home can't compare both, ''just'' have Z5000, ZSR, 6in1, T2, ZS5V1, EMX500, Pt15, EBX, Portapro and VIDO with me.
I like the dulcimer but feel there better stuff in 20$ range these days. Perhaps you should try the NiceHCK BRO instead.

Apr 8, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #8,973 of 31,833
I prefer non removable on iems and buds IF the cable is nice.

Why have you not gotten that yet?

I had a few full-size headphones I wanted to get 1st.

Apr 8, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #8,975 of 31,833
Loose connection on one earpiece of the T2. Have to rotate cable into the right connection to get sound. There is nothing visibly wrong and the same issue prevails with another cable. Item had been ordered on 11th Nov. 2017 from NiceHCK store and was received on 27th Nov. Let's see what the seller will do.

Oof, I had a similar problem with my Tin Audio T2 as well (which I also bought on 11.11), but for both earpieces. Neither of the connectors are loose, but I still have to twist the cables like you do to get sound. First noticed this issue with the stock cable and then with 4 different (dirt cheap) replacement cables. Will hopefully try said cables with the other IEMs I've purchased during the anniversary sale soon enough to check where the problem lies... when they actually ship .-.

Because the product took a whopping 4 months to arrive, the seller (NiceHCK) refunded my money before the thing even arrived... which kinda sucks, now that I think about it. But yeah I agree with Nymphonomaniac; you shouldn't have much of a problem getting a refund from that particular seller, especially since you have proof of your problem. Good luck!!

Apr 8, 2018 at 3:28 PM Post #8,978 of 31,833
Heart surgery on earpiece with loose MMCX connection

Got a tip to tighten the inner ring in the earpiece carefully with pointed tweezers. Went through the whole house in order to find an originally packaged pair that must have been there unused for 15 years. Performed initial surgery and improved the contact. With a bit of patience, I may fix it completely.

It was obvious that the culprit was the earpiece and not the cable as another cable didn't work better either. When the sound in the one earpiece dropped out, I either pulled on the cable or rotated it in order to get the electrical contact/sound back. In the end, it was a purely mechanical problem.

IMG_6282.JPG

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #8,980 of 31,833
Mids are more recessed with the Dulcimer and they got less microdetails and smaller soundstage, I know they are bassy....but as i'm not home can't compare both, ''just'' have Z5000, ZSR, 6in1, T2, ZS5V1, EMX500, Pt15, EBX, Portapro and VIDO with me.
I like the dulcimer but feel there better stuff in 20$ range these days. Perhaps you should try the NiceHCK BRO instead.
haven't though about the dulcimer in awhile, but it is (to my ears) the best tenmakk and a great bassheadish iem--other than a narrowish soundstage i can't really find fault with it

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #8,981 of 31,833
Apr 8, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #8,982 of 31,833
Apr 8, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #8,984 of 31,833
No...that was acquired in a trade with my husband around Christmas time. He had already had it for several months. You can see my newest one in the link below..on the stand Ingot especially for it. You can see the top of the 1More headband hanging on a hook at the bottom of the photo.

I have had this for 2 weeks...Amazon Warehouse.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/onk...pping-march-2016.793885/page-16#post-14143395

Oh, I'm jealous. If I had that, it would be an endgame for me as well :)

Supposed to be an evolved version of my favorite headphone (Fidelio X2).

Apr 8, 2018 at 4:53 PM Post #8,985 of 31,833
Oh, I'm jealous. If I had that, it would be an endgame for me as well :)

Supposed to be an evolved version of my favorite headphone (Fidelio X2).

It has a flat cable you know:). Do you like my headphone stand? Someone had written Purple Head on the box in big letters:). Wonder if the delivery guy saw that..lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back