CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 18, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #21,076 of 31,832
Nov 18, 2019 at 12:55 PM Post #21,077 of 31,832
Yep, FAAEAL HIBISCUS cable is real BADASS.
H9285990a27d14056bc34f2ff1d5a6d5ez.jpg
Can you say something more about the cable? Is it soft, heavy, prone to tangling? I'm thinking of buying it to replace the one on my IT01, as the stock cable is getting more and more stiff, and the two kind of look alike.

Edit: Nevermind. I just checked and it seems there's no MMCX version...

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #21,078 of 31,832
Nov 18, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #21,079 of 31,832
Can you say something more about the cable? Is it soft, heavy, prone to tangling? I'm thinking of buying it to replace the one on my IT01, as the stock cable is getting more and more stiff, and the two kind of look alike.

Edit: Nevermind. I just checked and it seems there's no MMCX version...

If you’re handy with soldering, you could cut off the 2-pin ends and attach mmcx ends.

They also make 2-pin to mmcx adapters, which you could use to convert the cable to mmcx.

Nov 18, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #21,080 of 31,832
If only they had the mmcx variant for this cable. Not gonna mess about soldering. Any idea if they are looking to produce any in the coming weeks?

Looking for a balanced 2.5 to pair with the DM6. Electro Acoustic store seems to not give a F about queries. I rather put my money elsewhere.

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #21,081 of 31,832
Received my kbear F1 with an unknown driver (no markings on it nor vent, no idea what it is and too lazy to skim the forum) and I'm very impressed on overall clarity and nice timbre on acoustic instruments.

It's not going to win any contest, but it looks, feels and sounds minimal, and I like it because it really doesn't sound off in any aspect, which is what I ask of a budget iem.

This will go to the backpack for now until I pick a single DD. Good job, this is pretty good for a 20€ single BA.

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #21,082 of 31,832
It's a generic version. Reckoned to be identical to the Tenhz driver used in some others (as opposed to the "correct" Bellsing). I've got that and the Tenhz one and both seem ok. I haven't bothered with A-B listening as I am sharing tips and cable between both units.

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #21,084 of 31,832
My Semkarch CNT has finally started singing. I've had the devil's own job getting them to fit comfortably and seal. I've had one or the other or neither but never both. An hour of listening in and I am still feeling no discomfort. Spiral Dots a size smaller than usual have seen me right. Now I need to work out whether I prefer CNT or Blon.

Nov 18, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #21,085 of 31,832
My Semkarch CNT has finally started singing. I've had the devil's own job getting them to fit comfortably and seal. I've had one or the other or neither but never both. An hour of listening in and I am still feeling no discomfort. Spiral Dots a size smaller than usual have seen me right. Now I need to work out whether I prefer CNT or Blon.
Wrap something around your neck and get crankin'

Nov 18, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #21,086 of 31,832
Received my kbear F1 with an unknown driver (no markings on it nor vent, no idea what it is and too lazy to skim the forum) and I'm very impressed on overall clarity and nice timbre on acoustic instruments.

It's not going to win any contest, but it looks, feels and sounds minimal, and I like it because it really doesn't sound off in any aspect, which is what I ask of a budget iem.

This will go to the backpack for now until I pick a single DD. Good job, this is pretty good for a 20€ single BA.

That’s the generic Tehnz 29898 driver. It’s a custom driver developed by Tehnz, so it’s not a clone of any Knowles model.

It’s unvented BTW

Nov 18, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #21,087 of 31,832
That’s the generic Tehnz 29898 driver. It’s a custom driver developed by Tehnz, so it’s not a clone of any Knowles model.

It’s unvented BTW

OK, found your post wrapping up the different drivers versions and sound difference (thx google) while listening to it.

Found its limit on fast and dense cymbals, not the most natural sounding set, and on a crowded classical part starting to go crescendo it kind of crapped itself and lost coherence, but otherwise I'm still quite impressed, especially by the mids clarity (without much fatigue).

Nov 18, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #21,088 of 31,832
I haven't yet but am open to it, any you can name that can suit requirements ?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-on-or-over-ear-headphones.822184/

U can ask the others in the above CHIFI thread for headphones. Like CHIFI IEMs, the CHIFI headphone segment is really catching up to their western counterparts in the midfi segment.

I personally use the OKCSC ZX1, around $50 USD. Quite big soundstage and good details/clarity. It looks clownish though, but sound quality is amazing for the price. And it has good bass quantity and extension for an open back set of cans. Though it needs a DAC/AMP to truly shine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back