CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 10, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #20,821 of 31,832
Hey peeps,
I've been looking for an alternative for the M6 pro 2nd gens since 11.11 is coming up. Do you think that the **** pros (based on the performance of the dt6s i guess) or the bl03s would match them well performance-wise? I'm mostly listening to ambient rnb, some funk and such. So not a lot of classical/rock.
Would be happy for any input :)

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #20,823 of 31,832
Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #20,824 of 31,832
Nov 10, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #20,825 of 31,832
Thanks!

I go to buy the AliExpress select coupon $12 and it says "Exchange 100 coins for 6 US $2.00 coupon". What? Does that mean that I'll get only $2 off?
I have a few of those.

Those are select coupons. To use them, look for specific sellers that have this:

80D7A880-F568-4E69-A797-400C48B88E54.jpeg

Click it and you’ll see the specific details:

0B349F4E-FC87-48CE-8DD3-AC872296B755.jpeg

So in this example, if you buy something from this specific store over $150, you can use (4)*$2 Select coupons, and it will deduct $8 off the total sale price.

Select coupons are set by each seller. Some don’t allow them, other do. Some require $65 minimum purchase, others more or less. Some allow $6 or $8 maximum worth of Select coupons, others $2 max. You just have to look.

What I do is find something that I want to buy, for example a Kanas KXXS. Then I look at all of the sellers selling it. I compare all their sale prices. Then I check each one and see who offers seller coupons. Then I check each one and see who offers Store coupons. I may find seller #1 who is selling it for $172, offers a $6 store coupon, but doesn’t allow select coupons. And I may find a seller #2 that has it for $179 and offers $8 in Select coupons and $8 in a store coupon. So even though the $179 seller #2 is initially more, I will get it from #2 cheapest after all of the coupons are applied.

Make sense?

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #20,827 of 31,832
Those are select coupons. To use them, look for specific sellers that have this:

Click it and you’ll see the specific details:

So in this example, if you buy something from this specific store over $150, you can use (4)*$2 Select coupons, and it will deduct $8 off the total sale price.

Select coupons are set by each seller. Some don’t allow them, other do. Some require $65 minimum purchase, others more or less. Some allow $6 or $8 maximum worth of Select coupons, others $2 max. You just have to look.

What I do is find something that I want to buy, for example a Kanas KXXS. Then I look at all of the sellers selling it. I compare all their sale prices. Then I check each one and see who offers seller coupons. Then I check each one and see who offers Store coupons. I may find seller #1 who is selling it for $172, offers a $6 store coupon, but doesn’t allow select coupons. And I may find a seller #2 that has it for $179 and offers $8 in Select coupons and $8 in a store coupon. So even though the $179 seller #2 is initially more, I will get it from #2 cheapest after all of the coupons are applied.

Make sense?
To quote one of the greatest minds of the 20th century, “I’m trying to think, but nothing’s happening”

Curly Howard

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #20,828 of 31,832
Yeah, thanks.
I'm just used to those sales where coupons and sales can't be combined :grimacing:

You have just try it multiple ways.

Sometimes Aliexpress limits it so you can use store and select coupons, or store and Aliexpress coupons, but not all 3. Other times they do. Or maybe it’s the sellers that control that. I’m not really sure. I just handle each 1-2 items in my cart as 1 individual purchase, and try and use coupon-fu to maximize that specific purchase. Then when that’s done, I move onto the next few items. Slowly, I work my way though my cart, maximizing savings by utilizing as many coupons as possible.

Like when you have multiple coupons for a physical store, and it says “1 coupon per person per visit” or something similar.

If I have 2 different coupons and I want 2 different items, I will buy 1 item with 1 coupon, walk out and put my purchase in my car. Then I’ll walk back in, and buy the 2nd item with the 2nd coupon.

Aliexpress allows basically the same thing, except virtually.

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #20,829 of 31,832
To quote one of the greatest minds of the 20th century, “I’m trying to think, but nothing’s happening”

Curly Howard

Nyuk nyuk nyuk

DFFA1934-17E4-4D64-BE0E-FD177E9A9C73.gif

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:54 PM Post #20,830 of 31,832
You have just try it multiple ways.

Sometimes Aliexpress limits it so you can use store and select coupons, or store and Aliexpress coupons, but not all 3. Other times they do. Or maybe it’s the sellers that control that. I’m not really sure. I just handle each 1-2 items in my cart as 1 individual purchase, and try and use coupon-fu to maximize that specific purchase. Then when that’s done, I move onto the next few items. Slowly, I work my way though my cart, maximizing savings by utilizing as many coupons as possible.

Like when you have multiple coupons for a physical store, and it says “1 coupon per person per visit” or something similar.

If I have 2 different coupons and I want 2 different items, I will buy 1 item with 1 coupon, walk out and put my purchase in my car. Then I’ll walk back in, and buy the 2nd item with the 2nd coupon.

Aliexpress allows basically the same thing, except virtually.

I understand. I said I'm not used to it because other sites don't let you combine disscounts.
For instance, I have gearbest points that I never use because it's cheaper to wait for a sale and you can't use points with items on sale.

Nov 10, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #20,831 of 31,832
I understand. I said I'm not used to it because other sites don't let you combine disscounts.
For instance, I have gearbest points that I never use because it's cheaper to wait for a sale and you can't use points with items on sale.

Yeah, Gearbest has gone down the crapper since about 3 years ago.

Basically, once they went from direct sales to a “3rd party marketplace”. I haven’t shopped there in years, and used to spend thousands per year.

They teased you with HUGE coupons, but never let you use them because everything is always on “sale”. I don’t think I’ve ever once used an actual coupon at Gearbest.

And points were useful, but they limited you to only using a small number of them each purchase. It’s like if you had a “$10 off a steak dinner” coupon at a steakhouse, but they only allowed you to use $1 of the coupon at a time (and go a total of 10 visits ie 10 steak dinners). That’s not a $10 coupon, that’s a $1 coupon.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #20,832 of 31,832
My wallet is telling me to just get the BL-03s to start but the animu Hibiscus calls to me... Good thing they don't have anime girls on the ear pieces or I might drop some serious cash. The collector part of me wants to jump in and buy like 3 IEMs without hearing any, like a crazy person. Maybe a good compromise would be BL-03 and a more bass heavy alternative for comparison's sake. :thinking:

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #20,834 of 31,832
As far as the Hibiscus (or any new earphone), don’t stress too much if there are little to no reviews in time and you guys miss the 11.11 sale.

Aliexpress has sales every 1.5 months or so. The next one will be right around the corner, believe me. It’s not like the 11.11 prices are 90% less of all the other sale prices. At the next sale, earphone X will be selling for about the same price as this sale. And Aliexpress has coupons and games to play each sale too.

So I’m taking my time and waiting for a lot more impressions to roll in before I drop $60 on a possible side or even down grade. If that means waiting another month for the next sale, then so be it.

It’s not like I don’t have tons of other gear to listen to, and I certainly don’t need any more stuff to put in the ‘drawer of forgotten audio gear’ lol

I'm sad to say but for the budget CHIFI, this 11/11 sale is not as good as previous years' in terms of the discounts.
Yeah good to wait for the next sale as these audio gear generally depreciate in price from launch, so if u ain't in a hurry, they will be cheaper later. Anyway, the next hype train is always around the corner, and what u buy now may end up being obsolete weeks later (case in point NX7 -> NX7 Pro).

I have found PAI DR2 clones in the following shops. Price for earphones without cable:

Fangcao Garden Store. 19,36€ + 1,46 for shipping through Ali Standard. 16 Ohm and 109 dB. It's the shop with more orders.
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3296...7.0&pvid=cf37a4ff-e7c8-4667-ac2f-70785e936322

Highlight Global Store. 17,29€ + Free Shipping through Ali Standard. 24 Ohm and 106 dB. It's the second with more orders (more than 100) and the cheapest. No option for blue and red shells combined.
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3301...7.0&pvid=cf37a4ff-e7c8-4667-ac2f-70785e936322

Tiandirenhe Sales Store. 18,98€ + Free Shipping through Ali Standard. No data about impedance and sensibility.
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/33059520378.html?spm=a219c.12010612.8148356.15.427274e8HH0pcr

FDBRO Official Store. 18,11€ + Free Shipping through Ali Standard. 16 Ohm and 109 dB.
https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3301...7.0&pvid=5d9ae8be-6faf-472e-ae06-0c004d37a00f

I have included, where available, data about impedance and sensibility, because the original PAI DR2 (data available at Penon) has only 8 Ohm and 125 dB, that is very different from the specs of the clones, where the ones at Fangcao and FDBRO are bot 16 and 109, whereas Highlight has 24 and 106. Anyway, the driver looks the same in all of them (same OEM, at last)

If I'm not wrong, the PAI DR2 is also identical in sound to the Hill Audio Altair RA IEM.
The above links are probably OEM made by another company, not surprising in the CHIFI industry. Bigger players like KZ routinely make OEMs for smaller ones (like Tripowin), since the shells and drivers are already on hand, they just cobble the IEM together and put a different logo on it.

Any links for the T4? I've seen a suggestion for the Hisenior B5+ as being mid-centric, any AE links for that would be appreciated before 11:11

Hisenior B5+ link: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32799766077.html

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #20,835 of 31,832
'm sad to say but for the budget CHIFI, this 11/11 sale is not as good as previous years' in terms of the discounts.
Yeah good to wait for the next sale as these audio gear generally depreciate in price from launch, so if u ain't in a hurry, they will be cheaper later. Anyway, the next hype train is always around the corner, and what u buy now may end up being obsolete weeks later (case in point NX7 -> NX7 Pro).

A few small things that I wanted were either not discounted at all for 11:11 or only reduced by a few pennies, so I ordered them over the past few days. I will try to buy a few cables after the sale starts as they have more of a discount.

I have to admit I am tempted by the NX7 Pro. I know it has something to do with the total package. The faceplates, the filters, the gorgeous cable and the case. My husband already has the regular NX7 and loves it. We will be able to compare... or he can. I hate comparing. I would rather listen to my music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back