CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 9, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #20,791 of 31,833
Hi guys, never quite sure how to approach a massive thread like this. I know the answer is in here somewhere, but after 1386 pages, I am hoping to know what the community consensus say top 5 chifi IEMs under $100 are as of November 2019. That seems manageable to me to choose.

Thanks!

Music is subjective and we all have different tastes in sound signature and different music genres we listen to. So it's quite hard to generalize what is the best. I feel that different IEMs do a better job at certain genres/aspects than others.

But if i would give my humble opinion:

1) For neutral sound - Tin Hifi T2
2) For great timbre/tonality - BLON BL-03 (caveat: have to change eartips +/- cable)
3) For V shaped/details/instrument separation and clarity - TRN V90/KZ ZSX/CCA C12
4) For analytical sound - can consider CCA C16
5) For interchangable filters for different sound signature - Toneking ninetails
6) For bassheads - TFZ no. 3/Semkarch SKC CNT1 with black filters/TFZ T2 galaxy/TRN IM2
7) Midcentric (boosted mids) - Hisenior B5+
8) Soundstage - can consider ****

I'm sure others will have their opinions too, YMMV

Nov 10, 2019 at 12:41 AM Post #20,793 of 31,833
Hi everyone! I'm new to the HeadFi scene but here's a review of the Tin HiFi T4. I've written a few other reviews on reddit before but I thought that you guys might be interested in this as well.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/tin-hifi-t4.24037/reviews

Nicely done, I agree with basically everything you said including your impressions of its sound character. My written and video reviews will go live when the T4 is launched tomorrow

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:00 AM Post #20,794 of 31,833
Decided upon the T2's for 11.11! Which cable is the go-to along with it? many reviewers say the stock one is subpar. Finally, are the stock tips good or should i get some spinfits

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:30 AM Post #20,795 of 31,833
Any links for the T4? I've seen a suggestion for the Hisenior B5+ as being mid-centric, any AE links for that would be appreciated before 11:11

Nov 10, 2019 at 2:38 AM Post #20,796 of 31,833
Nov 10, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #20,798 of 31,833
Any suggestions for a cable-down In-Ear up to $50 that sounds a bit like a KZ ZS7 or maybe a CCA C12?

So some sub-bass, treble extension and slightly scooped mids...? I do like the Multi-BA sparkle.

Ideally I would like a C12 that can be easily pulled out of the ear at my work desk when someone needs to ask a question :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2019 at 5:09 AM Post #20,800 of 31,833
ok my list for tomorrow
1. Blon Cardinal
2. FAAEAL-Hibiscus
3. **** Pro
lets gooooooooo

my list still 0 :triportsad: realy dont know which 1 to get, **** pro most likely yes but they dont have 11.11 discount price so, I'll wait for reviews especially for their timbre and tonality, and mid bass bleed. Waiting for your reviews!

Nov 10, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #20,803 of 31,833
I have toneking TO600, Moondrop Nameless and a cable for my Tin T2 in my shopping cart.

I need a "carry everyday in backpack" iem now that I've sold all but the T2 (stays at work) KPE (stays safe) and ZS7 (only for metal).

T4 is launch hype overpriced, imo worth 50$ at most and the hibiscus has no other review than "the sound is surrounding" so the 10€ 11.11 discount looks like a big risk.

Nov 10, 2019 at 9:06 AM Post #20,805 of 31,833
How is the clarity and resolution, bass texture - decay - weight - punch, soundstage and imaging, separation and detail retrieval? If I was asking too much, just tell us more about your impressions, do they sound in same class or just trying to catch the KXXS but with bad result? Thanks in advance!

KXXS is pretty clean and resolution is nice. Bass is quick and well controlled. In comparison, Hibiscus is less bright and a little bit warmer. Bass is not as fast but definitely not slow. The main difference is the way of presentation. The former has more open feeling and later is closed like surrounded. To be clear, I am using ADI-2 DAC at home. Hibiscus is used less than 15 hours. My impression about KXXS is based on brief listening in the store using SP2000.

When I was in the store using AK SP2000 to drive both, I believed that Hibiscus was close to KXXS overall in sound quality. However, I won't say KXXS and Hibiscus are in the same class because don't wanna create another hype. (Considering that I got Hibiscus for 1/3 of KXXS price, my mind may be affected.) One thing for sure, I do prefer Hibiscus to NX7 that I owned and sold after two months.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back