CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 13, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #19,756 of 31,833
Funny how hindsight works. My main speakers are 20 year old Wharfedale Pacific floorstanders, powered by some mid range Nad electronics from the same era. I was never going to like BAs or hybrids as much as good dynamics. That said, I do have a pair of KBear F1 on their way. I'm not excited as I expect to not like them at all but it will give me more insight into whether it is BA per se or poorly integrated hybrid that I dislike.

I have the Audiosense T180 Pro which is a single BA like the KBear F1 but it lacks bass when you are used to DD or hybrid setups.

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #19,757 of 31,833
IMG_20190911_214111.jpg

Great stuff but they have strengths and weaknesses.

Blon BL-03 and the Semkarch SKC-CNT1.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 6:08 PM Post #19,758 of 31,833

Great stuff but they have strengths and weaknesses.

These are, of course, the BLON BL-03 and Semkarch CNT-1. My quick impressions:

CNT-1: clear, heavy bass, good bang for the buck and maybe worth it for 40 or 50.
BL-03: good sub-bass, but not overpowering, nice balanced signature, tuned close to Harman curve.

Both are very light despite their metal composition and disappear into my ear and can be placed flush under a motorcycle helmet or slept on. For those who missed out on the Moondrop Crescent (and the CNT-1 at $30), the BL-03 gives you a lot of the Crescent signature minus the bullets, and is a steal at $30 on AE. The cable isn't terrible and come with a phone button and mic, but can be replaced but non-flush with the A-type 2-pin (the C-type seems to have a different sized square piece of plastic).

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:59 PM Post #19,759 of 31,833
Update on the DB3... they are VERY similar sounding to the CCA C10. Think of the C10 with a bit more girth to the sub bass and lower mids. This makes the DB3 a wee bit smoother and the C10 a wee bit clearer. I mean you could still tell them apart enough to justify having both. Both excellent choices for under £20.

DB3 sounds really nice for vocal lovers. Like the C10 it's a good all rounder. Very good for EDM, dance, Hip Hop, etc. Has that Dual Dynamic punch. Just listened to the battle scene at the end of Avengers Endgame and they sound great. DB3 may change with some burn in, the C10 certainly did!!!

Comfy as expected. I found it very difficult telling them apart from the ZS10 Pro as they have near identical shells. That's all they share though, the ZS10 PRO is far more aggressive sounding with it's much brighter, thinner tuning. Though if you don't like the razor clarity of the ZS10 PRO and want a smoother sound then the DB3 is a good alternative.

Sep 13, 2019 at 10:44 PM Post #19,761 of 31,833

CNT-1: clear, heavy bass, good bang for the buck and maybe worth it for 40 or 50.
BL-03: good sub-bass, but not overpowering, nice balanced signature, tuned close to Harman curve.

Both are very light despite their metal composition and disappear into my ear and can be placed flush under a motorcycle helmet or slept on. For those who missed out on the Moondrop Crescent (and the CNT-1 at $30), the BL-03 gives you a lot of the Crescent signature minus the bullets, and is a steal at $30 on AE. The cable isn't terrible and come with a phone button and mic, but can be replaced but non-flush with the A-type 2-pin (the C-type seems to have a different sized square piece of plastic).

How does the BL-03 sound on this :

Sep 14, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #19,762 of 31,833
How does the BL-03 sound on this :

To my ears, I hear the drums as very present, female vocals as bright but not piercing, violins are clear, cello and woodwinds in background are there but subtle, light finger cymbals at 5:00 audible but not dominant, piano at 2:08-2:20 a little louder on high register than lower, can hear piano glissing up and down around 3:15-3:25 in the background. Violins and quick strokes at 4:30-4:45 sound natural and discernible, with reverb effect audible.

Not sure if that's what you were looking for, but hope it helps.

Sep 14, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #19,763 of 31,833
To my ears, I hear the drums as very present, female vocals as bright but not piercing, violins are clear, cello and woodwinds in background are there but subtle, light finger cymbals at 5:00 audible but not dominant, piano at 2:08-2:20 a little louder on high register than lower, can hear piano glissing up and down around 3:15-3:25 in the background. Violins and quick strokes at 4:30-4:45 sound natural and discernible, with reverb effect audible.

That's pretty much what I hear although I have noted a small amount of sibilance on the female vocal and that the male vocal sounds lightly autotuned. For comparison I've now switched to the TRN V80 that was the closest pair I had to my hand. The piano on the TRN is almost piercing in the high register and the little guitar fill between the female vocal lines is buried in the mix. Both vocal parts sound almost unlistenable and artificial although the drums are much more prominent (the subtle difference in pitch is more pronounced on the Blon). There is more detail in the treble on the TRN. The overall experience is so much better with the Blon. It's much more musical.

Sep 15, 2019 at 12:43 AM Post #19,764 of 31,833

That's pretty much what I hear although I have noted a small amount of sibilance on the female vocal and that the male vocal sounds lightly autotuned. For comparison I've now switched to the TRN V80 that was the closest pair I had to my hand. The piano on the TRN is almost piercing in the high register and the little guitar fill between the female vocal lines is buried in the mix. Both vocal parts sound almost unlistenable and artificial although the drums are much more prominent (the subtle difference in pitch is more pronounced on the Blon). There is more detail in the treble on the TRN. The overall experience is so much better with the Blon. It's much more musical.

thanks guys for the input...This is is song from 1999 composed by A.R. Rahman. i use this song to test for depth and articulation. I have listened to this song in CD and discman format

a good IEM will reproduce the background elements/ instruments with impact overall

the piano at 2:08-220 will be a bit hard impactful in both high and lows ( roundedness and impact)

If can hear piano glissing up and down around 3:15-3:25 in the background- it means u have a good pair of IEMS. ( detailed)

the violin at 4:41 is supposed to be airy and wide it will spread from the middle to side ( depth, wideness, stage transparency ect )

thats how the song is designed to be

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 3:23 AM Post #19,765 of 31,833
If someone in EU is willing to "donate" his/her TRI i4 for little price (not paying full sum) for BL03 driver exchange modification, let me know :)

Sep 15, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #19,766 of 31,833

I bought the CNT-1 just now with a mmcx to USB C cable. 10 bucks more than the BL-03. Coming from the SoundMagic E10, I hope I will like them. Otherwise I will buy the TFZ T2 and the My Love 2019 on the 11.11. sale lol

Sep 15, 2019 at 8:08 AM Post #19,767 of 31,833
You should like the CNT. I like it but prefer the Blon. Both are great IEMs.

Sep 15, 2019 at 10:25 AM Post #19,769 of 31,833
does the blon 3 has good depth?
Yes, but the short nozzles present challenges, for fitment; I usually seat them, then feel one side slipping and have to do one more adjustment. Maybe 20 minutes later, re-tighten; this is not an issue at home, but out in public (holding the GF's big ass purse) the re-seating can get annoying. At this point I don't know if it's the "purse", Blons or the, "hold this for me".

If you have the right ears, they'll be a 9/10.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #19,770 of 31,833
Yes, but the short nozzles present challenges, for fitment; I usually seat them, then feel one side slipping and have to do one more adjustment. Maybe 20 minutes later, re-tighten; this is not an issue at home, but out in public (holding the GF's big ass purse) the re-seating can get annoying.

I you have the right ears, they'll be a 9/10.

Seems a lot of users feedback on this short nozzle issue.
Will a longer nozzle eartip help? eg spinfits

Users who are viewing this thread

Back