CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jun 14, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #18,376 of 31,833
Yo @CoiL I got ZS10 reaching 100 hours by now. Its maybe the best KZ for me to date, got nice sub bass and mid bass, smoother than previous KZ, following harman target as well.
But compared to KP, KP is more smooth sounding / mature. Sub bass is bigger on KP, but ZS10 punch harder on drum kicks (mid bass section), a little bleed to mid (just a little bit, very far better than previous KP, or **** or BQEYZ) mids a bit recessed compared to KP, clarity cant match KP, treble on ZS10 is brighter than KP.
soundstage quite good, not as large as KP but better than most budget iems, sound separation is very good with micro details, the multi BA setting has the advantage here, similar if not a little bit better than KP. For $35 they're good enough, Depends on your friends budget. If he can stretch up until $100, i would recommend to gamble on tfz no 3 since BGGAR loved his KP so much but he prefer no 3 in recent video.

*edit : i just bought TFZ no 3 not long after wrote this
Thanks, already said him that wait a little for No.3 impressions settle down.

i only bought this cheap earphone (Yotaphone 2 earphone) because i want to try the eartips, but turns out the sound is pleasantly surprising. for me it's a contender to the MH755, and with a more forward mids/less scooped V sound of the MH755.

i think I'll buy some more for stock
Interesting tips. Might also get those for single-flange S-size "long skirt" tips.

Jun 14, 2019 at 3:47 AM Post #18,377 of 31,833
Wow crazy value if they're on par with MH755, how is the soundstage? I like the MH755 but soundstage is too narrow and intimate, and this flat cable looks better than default MH755.
nothing to lose to get one. Thanks for this discovery

*edit : weird default eartips, all seems very long (i guess for deep insertion), can't be worked with some normal iems especially with front vents.

soundstage I'd say average. the mids are more forward and fatter than the MH755, so vocals would be more intimate, but the reverb cues of the room size are good

Jun 14, 2019 at 4:18 AM Post #18,378 of 31,833
soundstage I'd say average. the mids are more forward and fatter than the MH755, so vocals would be more intimate, but the reverb cues of the room size are good

are the yotaphone 2 easy to drive?... the sony mh755 wasnt easy to drive iems actually....

btw
anyone wants to be the guinea pig and see if its orginal yotaphone 2 they are selling? want to know its genuine product..

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 6:38 AM Post #18,379 of 31,833
the sony mh755 wasnt easy to drive iems actually....
What the heck? This is not true. MH755 is very easy to drive imho.

Jun 14, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #18,380 of 31,833
What the heck? This is not true. MH755 is very easy to drive imho.
That's interesting, I agree with zazaboy, I find the MH755 soaks up power!

Jun 14, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #18,381 of 31,833
Coil that question about ZS10 pro vs. T3 is excellent. I’m one that set everything aside and only listened to the KZ, I mean everything sounded weak to me compared to them. Then I got T3s in and after a couple days and trying different tips I’ve had the Tins in my ears ever since. The two tier flange tips were key for me, they brought out low end with a better seal and the wide bore let everything shine. I’m surprised the T3’s don’t have a huge following, many folks never gave them a chance I bet. The low end is there in spades with the right tip and good seal. They play every genre I listen to with ease. I couldn’t pick a favorite between the two but the T3’s seem to always get in my ears.
A2ECEE14-F98B-4AF9-9920-2A2D1DBE47E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #18,382 of 31,833
That's interesting, I agree with zazaboy, I find the MH755 soaks up power!
Yeah it can take power and "improve" littlebit in SQ... but only little. It sounds great out of smartphone too (which it was produced for).
Amping them won`t turn them into graphene/DLC driver, LOL.
MH755 has great tuning (who likes Harman curve) but its driver/shell technology and materials aren`t nothing special and honestly, just a poor plastic with piece of foam in nozzle and there are quite large FR tolerance differences between units.
MH755 is just a low-budget-accident-wonder IEM.
I think I have said all that needs to be said.

Jun 14, 2019 at 9:36 AM Post #18,383 of 31,833
Yeah it can take power and "improve" littlebit in SQ... but only little. It sounds great out of smartphone too (which it was produced for).
MH755 has great tuning (who likes Harman curve) but its driver/shell technology and materials aren`t nothing special and honestly, just a poor plastic with piece of foam in nozzle and there are quite large FR tolerance differences between units.
I'm actually not too keen on the MH755, I bought a set to find out what all the fuss is about and discovered that I am not a lover of the Harman curve! I prefer a more balanced or audiophile tuning in general although there are exceptions, like the ZS7 which I find very entertaining. Still, I only paid £5 so I will put it down to experience!

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #18,384 of 31,833
are the yotaphone 2 easy to drive?... the sony mh755 wasnt easy to drive iems actually....

btw
anyone wants to be the guinea pig and see if its orginal yotaphone 2 they are selling? want to know its genuine product..

not much different to drive from the MH755. they really differ in tuning though, the Yota is more mid oriented, while the MH is more scooped, so the MH would need a notch or two on the volume to achieve the same vocal volume.

agree to this. MH (and the Yota for that matter) do no fault on tuning, but on pure SQ "grain fine-ness" it won't beat the higher ups.

people should just enjoy them as they are: fun and filling fast food that taste great

Jun 14, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #18,385 of 31,833
I'm actually not too keen on the MH755, I bought a set to find out what all the fuss is about and discovered that I am not a lover of the Harman curve! I prefer a more balanced or audiophile tuning in general although there are exceptions, like the ZS7 which I find very entertaining. Still, I only paid £5 so I will put it down to experience!

did the slater mod (remove the foam behind the filter in the nozzle) and closed the top vents? both these things dropped the bass levels significantly enough for me to like them even more. But no way so far to fix the roughly average soundstage size, sadly.

Jun 14, 2019 at 11:17 AM Post #18,386 of 31,833
did the slater mod (remove the foam behind the filter in the nozzle) and closed the top vents? both these things dropped the bass levels significantly enough for me to like them even more. But no way so far to fix the roughly average soundstage size, sadly.
I closed up the bass vents as instructed but there was little change, but I experienced bass distortion so opened them back up again! I have not tried removing the foam yet. However I also recently bought the KZ ED9 for only £3 more than the MH755 and they are vastly superior in every way.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #18,387 of 31,833
However I also recently bought the KZ ED9 for only £3 more than the MH755 and they are vastly superior in every way.
IMHO, no. ED9 can be modded with foam pieces (like MH755 has) and use them with brass nozzle for best SQ, which makes them pretty good but ED9 driver still has littlebit artificial and splashy highs.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #18,388 of 31,833
IMHO, no. ED9 can be modded with foam pieces (like MH755 has) and use them with brass nozzle for best SQ, which makes them pretty good but ED9 driver still has littlebit artificial and splashy highs.
Hmmm. Perhaps I have a faulty set of MH755? With the heavy bass, veiled mids and grainy treble, they are more like MEH755!

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #18,389 of 31,833
Hmmm. Perhaps I have a faulty set of MH755? With the heavy bass, veiled mids and grainy treble, they are more like MEH755!

Possibly. I had one that was not quite right (but not fake). Told the seller and he said not to worry he would send another. So now I do have an extra set of tips to try on something else.

Jun 14, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #18,390 of 31,833
Was not talking about MH755. ED9 has its own faults :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back