CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 4, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #16,591 of 31,833
OK my KPE is normal then, it’s really peaky something, borderline annoying.

Try using an EQ, and testing cuts in 500hZ increments until you find the frequency that’s bothering you. Only change 1 at a time.

Then you’ll know exactly what frequency range it is that’s bothering you.

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:50 AM Post #16,593 of 31,833
I like a neutral sound, detailed, wide soundstage. Not sibilant is also important. I mostly listen to classic rock, funk, sort of 70s music.
Thanks!
Neutral by what "standard"? Harman Target neutral (I call it natural) or You mean totally flat-sided FR?
Otherwise, CCA-C10 is current safe choice. Tin T2 for more neutrality (can be sibilant to some ppl though) and @cqtek just posted FR graph about Tanchjim Cora (which is around 50$, Harman-target oriented), which probably is very good choice regarding SQ vs. price:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1102#post-14812207

I hear that peak on some rock tracks' percussion and it's not very nice. It's Kanas weakest point IMO.
Please provide me (and why not others who have KP) with those tracks.
I want to know if I hear same "problems" with my pair (slightly modded atm).

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 8:19 AM Post #16,594 of 31,833
Each decade it supposedly goes down by about 2kHz. This is meant to show the normal average for each age.

Maybe we need a forum for us (cough) older folks with reduced hearing to talk about our favorites? :)

Or maybe our age would be useful information in our signatures?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #16,595 of 31,833
Can someone please confirm, whether 5mm diameter steel mesh is the right size for CCA C10?
Just realized I lost one.
Hope that's not what you guys meant by saying that C10 opens up with time
Just a short update on the missing mesh in my C10.
I ordered a pack of 0,47mm and 0,5mm metal filters from AE, as I wasn't sure which size would fit best.
Eventually I used the 0,5mm ones on both units, but I can't say I'm 100% happy with the result. I mean, the filters are on, but I think they could be 0,1mm wider - the ridges inside the nozzle on which they rest are really narrow and it seems like the mesh can be pushed inside easily. There's no danger of them falling in completely, as the BAs are right up there, and the mesh almost presses against them, but it just doesn't seem completely safe. Let's wait and see how long before I'll have the replace them again.
Anyway, here are some before and after pics, if anyone's interested, as well as some photos of the filters I used and of the metal grille that was originally installed on the C10.
IMG_20190227_235744.jpg IMG_20190228_000028.jpg IMG_20190228_001148.jpg IMG_20190228_003416.jpg IMG_20190228_003933.jpg
IMG_20190228_010147.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #16,596 of 31,833
Just got a pair of C10s. They are a massive upgrade over my ZS3s and CK8s. I like the look and feel s well, no issues at all with fit.

However, I expected better clarity from these. The detail is there, but I can't say the clarity is there, nor is the soundstage that great. I changed the tips for some foam ones, it opened up a lot more, however I lost quite a bit of bass on the trade. And the bass on these is simply fantastic Nice, deep and resonant. So now it's like, open up the earphones more and dial down the great bass to just good or stick with the great bass, where the lack of clarity is more noticeable and the soundstage isn't as good as I'd want it to be.

Maybe better tips will help.

The QCY QM05s(went off 1cleaheads recommendations since I really like MDH9000s) will arrive soon so I hope those will have the soundstage and clarity I want, probably not, but here's hoping. You guys use special tips or these things, or use amps to help?

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #16,597 of 31,833
Just got a pair of C10s. They are a massive upgrade over my ZS3s and CK8s. I like the look and feel s well, no issues at all with fit.

However, I expected better clarity from these. The detail is there, but I can't say the clarity is there, nor is the soundstage that great. I changed the tips for some foam ones, it opened up a lot more, however I lost quite a bit of bass on the trade. And the bass on these is simply fantastic Nice, deep and resonant. So now it's like, open up the earphones more and dial down the great bass to just good or stick with the great bass, where the lack of clarity is more noticeable and the soundstage isn't as good as I'd want it to be.

Maybe better tips will help.

The QCY QM05s(went off 1cleaheads recommendations since I really like MDH9000s) will arrive soon so I hope those will have the soundstage and clarity I want, probably not, but here's hoping. You guys use special tips or these things, or use amps to help?

Have you burned them in already? Because the soundstage improves after some use. They are reasonably clear sounding, not bright, but smooth.

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #16,598 of 31,833
Hello to all.

New here, but reading for quite some time.

I just pulled the trigger on my first mid-fi setup. I got a good deal with Jim from NiceHCK.

I'm getting a Xduoo X20 + CCA C16 + 16 core balanced upgrade cable.

despite the fery few inputs in the C16, I have high hopes for this combination.

Have anyone here tried the C16 + x20 ?

The shipping from China to my country is a little nightmare, so I will probably receive them in no less than a month. But when I do I will certainly post my thoughts.

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #16,600 of 31,833
Have you burned them in already? Because the soundstage improves after some use. They are reasonably clear sounding, not bright, but smooth.

Not sure about burn-in. I've had them for over a week now, even left them plugged in playing music on my comp while I wasn't using them. How long does burn in typically take with these? I think I've been listening to them for over 20 hours now more than likely.

I know my MDH9000 opened up a lot more over time and I know I want the same to happen to these. They aren't going anywhere though so I can wait. If this is how the ZSNs sound normally though I am reconsidering buying those. I have a list of other earphones that I want to check out, but the ZSNs are the most recommended earphones in it's price range.

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #16,601 of 31,833
Not sure about burn-in. I've had them for over a week now, even left them plugged in playing music on my comp while I wasn't using them. How long does burn in typically take with these? I think I've been listening to them for over 20 hours now more than likely.

I know my MDH9000 opened up a lot more over time and I know I want the same to happen to these. They aren't going anywhere though so I can wait. If this is how the ZSNs sound normally though I am reconsidering buying those. I have a list of other earphones that I want to check out, but the ZSNs are the most recommended earphones in it's price range.

That seems long enough for the soundstage to open up. I don't find the soundstage to be small on mine, it is pretty wide, but not deep. I'm using spiral dots tips on mine, I don't like the included tips on any of my earphones.

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #16,602 of 31,833

You should start noticing some openness at 20 hours, but the overall differences comes at least at a good 100 hours, plus. This will be the happy point! :ksc75smile:

Mar 4, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #16,603 of 31,833
Give the C10 more time to break-in! :point_left: Most everyone that I gave the suggestion to in burning them in for 20 or more hours heard a change and difference in the overall range, soundstage and details.

Don't give up...:runner:
I second this. I didnt like them until i liked them lol

Mar 4, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #16,604 of 31,833
For **** owner.

Test this track:

or

Imaging is just crazy good, and it show that bass punch can go fast and that sub bass exist....treble is so well tuned, this tracks can sound unlistenable with bright or trebly iem. In fact, Jlin never sound better than on **** to my ears, as if her cavernous tribal experimental footwork crazy beats was meant to be heard with this very unique soungsignature.

EDIT: Just receive the IKKO OH1 and compare same track with it. Sub push way more air with the OH1 but stole clarity as well, so, for this very 2 tracks the **** is from another level in term of imaging, clarity, speed, and micro details....all this without harsness. Phenomal...(oh, and it do not mean the OH1 with 5 minutes of listen (and burn in) sound bad, it just to point out how agile are the ****.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #16,605 of 31,833
For **** owner.

Test this track:

Imaging is just crazy good, and it show that bass punch can go fast and that sub bass exist....treble is so well tuned, this tracks can sound unlistenable with bright or trebly iem. In fact, Jlin never sound better than on **** to my ears, as if her cavernous tribal experimental footwork crazy beats was meant to be heard with this very unique soungsignature.

spot on imaging and speed, the woofer is fast for dynamic driver, no lingering, nothing, pure sounding bass, and the treble, that is the strongest point in my opinion, very clean and articulate, gentle at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back