CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 1, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #16,517 of 31,833
**** is really something with a decent cable, mine came with a very poor one. I'm using a hybrid 8 core type and this piece of music sounds amazing:

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #16,518 of 31,833
yeah, **** kick ass hard of N3 TBH.

Just can't put it out of my ears...its really the imaging and sens of space between instrument that WOW me hard. As well, it can deal with fast complex tracks...treble have good grip, perhaps some little upper mids sibilance but only with trebly source or tracks, but there lot of micro details without being overly harsh at all (im sensible to that) like, snare, clap, drum stick, everything sound right, clear...and, yep, classical sound fantastic with those, i would have buy them just for how good they make harpsichord sounding....but, they do MORE than that.
IN-CRE-DI-BLE-BLE-BLE! (not just for the price)

Mar 1, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #16,520 of 31,833
... Whats inside your XD-05, stock OPamp??

I have a XD-05 and it sure make a terrific pairing. Yep, need lot of juice...but why? 15ohm and around 100db...that really puzzly me. My confuse theory is that more a dynamic driver is small more its demanding about power. All tiny dd I have need lotta juice.

I bought an LME49720NA on ebay from a reliable seller. Perhaps the soundstage is a bit wider than with the stock one, but without a direct A/B comparison I cannot be sure about that.

Mar 1, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #16,521 of 31,833

Just can't put it out of my ears...its really the imaging and sens of space between instrument that WOW me hard. As well, it can deal with fast complex tracks...treble have good grip, perhaps some little upper mids sibilance but only with trebly source or tracks, but there lot of micro details without being overly harsh at all (im sensible to that) like, snare, clap, drum stick, everything sound right, clear...and, yep, classical sound fantastic with those, i would have buy them just for how good they make harpsichord sounding....but, they do MORE than that.
Agreed. For earphones of their price, they offer great balance in detail and soundstage on one hand, and a fatigue free pleasant sound without piercing highs on the other hand.

In most cases, detail and sparkle = coping with sibilance and piercing highs. Not the case on the ****! Quite unique in this price segment. :)

I realized I critized the sound before - I just maaaybe compared the sound to over ear headphones too much. Oops. :p

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #16,522 of 31,833
I was aiming for that **** or C10 from 2 months ago but then i realized too many budget earphone laying around in my drawer so i have to resist not to buy anymore, but I dont remember anything yesterday and today aliexpress app notification told me the seller is received my **** order.. help me

Mar 2, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #16,523 of 31,833
I was aiming for that **** or C10 from 2 months ago but then i realized too many budget earphone laying around in my drawer so i have to resist not to buy anymore, but I dont remember anything yesterday and today aliexpress app notification told me the seller is received my **** order.. help me

536600EA-2B7B-4C59-A918-51000729A840.gif

Mar 2, 2019 at 1:38 AM Post #16,524 of 31,833
How about **** vs C16 ?
So far, the **** sounds organic and transparent with excellent vocals and details, while the C16 sounds very lively, spacious, and extremely clear and detailed throughout the whole range with a VERY LARGE soundstage!
Love them both! :yum: ...but, the incredible details and large soundstage did it for me on the C16! So, while the **** is well worth its price range, I can say the same for the C16 at there price range as well!

Money saved in the bank! :handshake:

-Clear

Mar 2, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #16,525 of 31,833
Just, get them! :wink:

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #16,526 of 31,833
So far, the **** sounds organic and transparent with excellent vocals and details, while the C16 sounds very lively, spacious, and extremely clear and detailed throughout the whole range with a VERY LARGE soundstage!
Love them both! :yum: ...but, the incredible details and large soundstage did it for me on the C16! So, while the **** is well worth its price range, I can say the same for the C16 at there price range as well!

Money saved in the bank! :handshake:

-Clear
+1 from me, agree on all points!

Mar 2, 2019 at 9:15 AM Post #16,527 of 31,833

Nymphonomanic, this is obviously before the specified the burn in of the NiceHCK N3 correct? They do recommend a whole 200 hours of burn in before evaluation of the sound. I suppose your initial impressions of both suggests that the **** do sound better than the N3 though. What about the sound leak between the two?

Thanks

Mar 2, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #16,530 of 31,833
I've been using some unknown IEMs for over a week now, the Tanchjim Cora ($50), and I've really been hooked on their sound, with electronic music they are impressive: low area with very good punch and depth, clarity and unusual separation to be a dynamic driver. Soundstage equally remarkable.

Minimum weight and great comfort.

On the negative side: the cable is fixed and you need power to move it.

Has anyone else tried them?

Tanchjim-Cora.png

Mosaico-Tanchjim-Cora.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back