CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 16, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #16,277 of 31,833
It’s probably one of those deals where they tweak the company name or logo slightly. They’re not counterfeit, but rather a similar product with a copycat logo to confuse people.

The Chinese phone company that has the Apple logo except it’s a pear with a bite out of it.

The shoe company that has the Nike swoosh, but it’s upside down.

McDonald’s logo, but with an extra arch.

So that driver is probably a “Knowes” not “Knowles”, and they made their logo extremely similar haha

Its the exact same logo. They are using the logo but not mentioning Knowles at all in any of their promos. Its a bit sketchy, but hey Knowles are manufactured in China and cost next to nothing to produce. Its not totally outside the realm of possibility that there are Knowles drivers in a $35 IEM($25 now). Maybe they are sourced illegally? The company is a sketchy company.

Feb 16, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #16,278 of 31,833
other thing that i noticed, there is a lot of original knowles drivers on aliexpress that are cheap but they are second hand, probably from damaged in ears or someting, they take out the working drivers, i am sure that the cheapest in ears with real knowles drivers are using the second hand ones to be able to afford low price with original drivers
That's a believable theory. Also Knowles has a factory in china. There could be factory rejects showing up in places they normally shouldn't be. This could explain the use of the logo but no mention of Knowles.

Or its just flat out douchebaggery at its finest. Photoshopped lies most likely. LOL

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #16,279 of 31,833
That's a believable theory. Also Knowles has a factory in china. There could be factory rejects showing up in places they normally shouldn't be. This could explain the use of the logo but no mention of Knowles.

Or its just flat out douchebaggery at its finest. Photoshopped lies most likely. LOL
the theory is very believable because i have 5BA per side in ear (100$), all knowles and only the treble drivers (the same as the Etymotic ER4S) are 50$, there is other thing possible, if they are buying in a bulk the price will be significantly lower depending on the amount

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #16,280 of 31,833
Its the exact same logo. They are using the logo but not mentioning Knowles at all in any of their promos. Its a bit sketchy, but hey Knowles are manufactured in China and cost next to nothing to produce. Its not totally outside the realm of possibility that there are Knowles drivers in a $35 IEM($25 now). Maybe they are sourced illegally? The company is a sketchy company.

Oh I know it’s the same logo. I was just half kidding

Feb 17, 2019 at 8:07 PM Post #16,281 of 31,833
TechManZ's reviews of the Tin Hifi T3 is up:

TL;DW, he finds the sound to be quite like the T2; sibilant, not too much bass. Foam tips on the T3 are possibly more durable than the T2 but does "expand faster" so it'll be harder to fit in your ear.

Feb 17, 2019 at 9:14 PM Post #16,282 of 31,833
Whoah, the QCY QS1 has really become my daily driver. Not just because they're so practical on a bicycle, totally wireless, but also because they just sound so good. Balanced, warm but not too warm, fairly detailed and with good extensions on all frequencies. It sounds better tuned than most of my IEM's. Didn't expect that... really amazing.

So I took the plunge and ordered another model tws that gets a lot of praise for the sound quality. The Tronsmart Encore Spunky. Haha. Still: very curious!

I swear have those same exact ones who’re labeled with a different branding. I have issues keeping them in my ears, unfortunately.

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #16,283 of 31,833
I swear have those same exact ones who’re labeled with a different branding. I have issues keeping them in my ears, unfortunately.
Let me guess: Dudios? :)

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #16,284 of 31,833
So now I have a question. C10 is my daily driver, DD + 4xBA on each side.
If one BA dies, how do I notice that?
Practical advice please, because my mind would always try to compensate saying to me things like "it always sounded like this" or "it must be quality of the file" or "it must be mastering".

Or do you think one dead BA will be too noticeable and obvious for me to doubt?

I am paranoid :!

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #16,285 of 31,833
So now I have a question. C10 is my daily driver, DD + 4xBA on each side.
If one BA dies, how do I notice that?
Practical advice please, because my mind would always try to compensate saying to me things like "it always sounded like this" or "it must be quality of the file" or "it must be mastering".

Or do you think one dead BA will be too noticeable and obvious for me to doubt?

I am paranoid :!

This case is haunting everyone with multi driver iems.. and your mind keep playing with your ears.
1 big advantage of single DD, when it dies, there is no sound. thats it

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #16,286 of 31,833
This case is haunting everyone with multi driver iems.. and your mind keep playing with your ears.
1 big advantage of single DD, when it dies, there is no sound. thats it
Yeah, really a plus... :p

Feb 18, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #16,287 of 31,833
i got the ****, if you think that the TRN v80 are very good for the price of 25$ you should hear these
its amazing how far the chi fi is right now and the value that you can get, these things sound better than the 500$ Fender FX7

IMG_20190218_164205.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #16,288 of 31,833
I ordered my **** 36 days ago and they still haven't been dispatched. Had I seen them at the same price or less, I would have cancelled already.

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #16,289 of 31,833
i got the ****, if you think that the TRN v80 are very good for the price of 25$ you should hear these
its amazing how far the chi fi is right now and the value that you can get, these things sound better than the 500$ Fender FX7

Which cable are you using? I just received mine, and with the stock cable I find the sound a bit muffled and dark especially on treble, and with an "average" soundstage. I was thinking buying a better cable (SPC for example) , thanks!

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #16,290 of 31,833
Which cable are you using? I just received mine, and with the stock cable I find the sound a bit muffled and dark especially on treble, and with an "average" soundstage. I was thinking buying a better cable (SPC for example) , thanks!
the stock cable is horrible, i use the TRN 8 core silver plated copper, balanced, they need some power and my dac is not very powerful in single ended mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Back