CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 15, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #16,246 of 31,834
Does anybody know what BA is being used in BQEYZ IEMS? The BQ3 upper register is very pleasing and seems a step above KZ/CCA(have not heard C16).

Also **** box clearly shows a Knowles 30066 with Knowles Trademark stamped on it. The BA is a mids driver with a range of 200hz to 6k khz. Not sure if there really is a Knowles in there. It seems rather an expensive driver. Regardless **** sounds good.

Feb 15, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #16,247 of 31,834
Does anybody know what BA is being used in BQEYZ IEMS? The BQ3 upper register is very pleasing and seems a step above KZ/CCA(have not heard C16).

Also **** box clearly shows a Knowles 30066 with Knowles Trademark stamped on it. The BA is a mids driver with a range of 200hz to 6k khz. Not sure if there really is a Knowles in there. It seems rather an expensive driver. Regardless **** sounds good.

I dont know what BA they're using but I said that too their BA is absolutely better than KZ's (or CCA if they are also using same BA as KZ). very smooth, pleasing, no harshness, quite natural (for a BA, i'm a fan of DD though)

wow i didn't know that **** are using knowles BA, is it true? if it does that +1 more point to ****

Feb 15, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #16,248 of 31,834
Finally got Auglamour F300 and BQEYZ KB100 reviews done - both good ones. The Massdrop shootout article took me some time and these got backlogged behind it.

Read your reviews about them. Great reviews and thanks for the frequency response graphic of KB100, couldn't find it anywhere last time.

Feb 15, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #16,249 of 31,834
I dont know what BA they're using but I said that too their BA is absolutely better than KZ's (or CCA if they are also using same BA as KZ). very smooth, pleasing, no harshness, quite natural (for a BA, i'm a fan of DD though)

wow i didn't know that **** are using knowles BA, is it true? if it does that +1 more point to ****

No idea. On the box they show it clearly as a Knowles, but they also said that 6 in 1 had a pair of Knowles drivers in ear side(cant recollect if box showed them), but apparently have been torn down to show they are not Knowles drivers so...Chinese companies are known to fudge the truth a bit. Somebody not me, needs to tear down the **** and verify. :)

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #16,250 of 31,834
Thanks dude.. i knew it, and said many times here that BQEYZs are really special. Too many hyped iems that in reality cant stand against BQEYZ for real. and too bad that people here not familiar with BQEYZ, but some of my trusted reviewer here all said that BQEYZ is really good. Since I bought my KB100, i sold my KZ collections, and buy another KZ and still disappointed because i really feel that BQEYZ in another level, yet in same price range.

looking forward for **** vs KB1 also.

btw you should buy KB100, more balanced version of KB1 with great mids, all smoothness still the same. Nothing harsh or peaks all across frequency range.

I like the KB1, but If i would jump on another BQEYZ i would go for the K2 instead of KB100 because of fit - Or is it KC2?
Anyway, The one that is more neutralish tuned

Feb 15, 2019 at 11:41 PM Post #16,251 of 31,834
I like the KB1, but If i would jump on another BQEYZ i would go for the K2 instead of KB100 because of fit - Or is it KC2?

KC2 is the more neutral one. K2 (what I have) is more V shaped.

There’s a few folks that have both and compared them. If I’m not mistaken, @Wiljen and @Otto Motor have both.

I wish there was a way I could convert my K2 to a KC2, so I didn’t have to waste the money on a KC2.

I’m willing to bet the only difference is a minor tweak to the bass vent.

Feb 16, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #16,252 of 31,834
Lost my C10s and my ZSNs sound so meh in comparison. C10s or ****? Are **** hard to drive?

They are both rated at 32 ohms & so I believe they are not too hard to drive.

I had the same question & @1clearhead had to say this about them:

They both have big soundstage...

**** has a wide soundstage with nice depth to it with beautiful and incredible accuracy for a superb listening experience.

C10 has a holographic type of soundstage -wide, depth, height, and front stage all thrown at you for an exceptional premium experience.

They are both excellent picks and like them both equally!

Sorry, I can't help you decide which one has the bigger and better soundstage overall but now you have an idea what both can offer you!

Hope this helps...:wink::fingers_crossed:

-Clear

So, it's hard to pick a winner just based on SQ. If I had to pick one, I'd pick **** because I don't have too many iems that can be worn straight down & I'm also curious about the piezoelectric driver. I do hear some people complaining that the sub bass on **** is not strong enough and they are more analytical than fun sounding but such complaints are few.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #16,253 of 31,834

So, it's hard to pick a winner just based on SQ. If I had to pick one, I'd pick **** because I don't have too many iems that can be worn straight down & I'm also curious about the piezoelectric driver. I do hear some people complaining that the sub bass on **** is not strong enough and they are more analytical than fun sounding but such complaints are few.
At the same price range, the Moondrop Crescent and the F300 (if you can demo it) are also good alternatives. I agree with the **** sounding more analytical and balanced, but I found myself reaching more for the Crescent more often after getting the two, which follows the Harman Target with a slightly boosted bass. **** is really not that harder to drive than the C10 though. C10 and **** are about on par, so you can't go wrong with either. :)

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #16,254 of 31,834

Its KC2 the more neutral one, oops @Slater beat me first.

KC2 is the more neutral one. K2 (what I have) is more V shaped.

There’s a few folks that have both and compared them. If I’m not mistaken, @Wiljen and @Otto Motor have both.

I wish there was a way I could convert my K2 to a KC2, so I didn’t have to waste the money on a KC2.

I’m willing to bet the only difference is a minor tweak to the bass vent.

Yeah, from my understanding, all BQEYZs have similar sound signature, only slight different tuning , but the differences not that subtle. No point to go after another sidegrade, just EQ them a little bit will do if you dont mind EQing. maybe BQ3 has superior details (more driver inside) but you said that they're working on another iems, so just patiently wait for that new batch. I have faith in BQEYZ, people who are working on these earphones really know what to do

Feb 16, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #16,255 of 31,834

Thanks for the inputs. Guess will have to buy both then as both are good in their own ways.

At the same price range, the Moondrop Crescent and the F300 (if you can demo it) are also good alternatives. I agree with the **** sounding more analytical and balanced, but I found myself reaching more for the Crescent more often after getting the two, which follows the Harman Target with a slightly boosted bass more. **** is really not that harder to drive than the C10 though. C10 and **** are about on par, so you can't go wrong with either. :)

Crescent and F300 are also good alternatives. Maybe in some sale I'll pick them up. Slightly boosted bass huh? Does the rumble drown vocals?

Feb 16, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #16,257 of 31,834
Thanks for the inputs. Guess will have to buy both then as both are good in their own ways.

Crescent and F300 are also good alternatives. Maybe in some sale I'll pick them up. Slightly boosted bass huh? Does the rumble drown vocals?
It doesn't, bass never sounds muddy to me, but you can feel the presence. The Crescent is not a dark sounding iem by any means, just has a nice presence.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 3:18 AM Post #16,258 of 31,834
Hi all,

After lot of work and eyes fatiguing problem I back here
My review if the excellent C16

I compared to kc2 and C16 is completely better
Better controlled and neutral bass/sub bass. Voices are more natural, the KC 2 seems totally unatural.
C16 are more natural, mature, neutral, detail, better separation, less airy but more accurate

I love them, they are awesome. I received yin*** 8 core cable ( 50€ on Amazon) . I need more time to compare but seems better sub bass extension, better separation and better treble.

They are neutral but not boring. They are very energetic and excellent clarity.

If you have other questions don't hesitate ! But clearly better than as10/kc2. Excellent tuning

Feb 16, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #16,259 of 31,834
Let me guess, that it's the best sub-$1000 iem? I tried it with a bunch of different tips. Like I said it's a decent iem, especially if you want something smooth and organic sounding, but it just sounds kinda artificial and doesn't really shine in any aspect. For instance, the ve biggie and smalls were a lot less balanced due to the crazy boosted bass and lower mids but at least the low end was actually very good - tight, thick and thundering, which is very rare at this price point. The BIE doesn't have any real standout qualities with regard to the lows, mids and highs, the soundstage size, instrument separation and layering are average at best.

The sony mh1/c is a much better overall performer and as people around here know I also things its overhyped. So there is that. If the BIE was really this mindblowingly good as the hype suggests, then Lee wouldn't be selling it for 20-30 bucks, but at least in the range of the Duke. The BIE is not a giant killer, it's not even in the running for being the best in its price range.

I still am very interested in hearing what KK and Lee are cooking as the Biggie and Smalls' successor though.

I don't have any of some 1000 dollars iems, I have the Ex1000 and some others, and the bie are not too far from those, at least to me, but was a quickly comparison. To me the biggie were muffled

Feb 16, 2019 at 4:40 AM Post #16,260 of 31,834
I don't have any of some 1000 dollars iems, I have the Ex1000 and some others, and the bie are not too far from those, at least to me, but was a quickly comparison. To me the biggie were muffled
Well, it shouldn't really be compared to $1000 iems as it is a $20 iem. How can the BIE be close to the ex1000 when it sounds nothing like it? The notes are smoothed over, the clarity is nothing to write home about, the soundstage size is average at best, the separation is mediocre. I just can't comprehend the hype - maybe I should burn it in for 100-200 hours to give it the benefit of the doubt, but still good iems sound good out of the box and as I said even the $20 sony mh1/c is superior to the BIE. Comparing it to good $100+ iems is a slaughterhouse.

And yeah, biggie and smalls have extremely laid back treble an overpowering low end, which destroys the tonal balance and accuracy (for instance, I can't stand anything with piano on them as it's like 10db louder than the rest) but at least the bass is quite good if you are a basshead, while with the BIE I can't really mention any standout quality. Like I said, it has smooth and organic sound that depending on one's preferences may be quite enjoyable, but comparing it to TOTL level is quite a stretch when it's not even the best in the sub-$50 range. I am open to all sound signatures and always try to put my personal preferences on the side but the BIE's performance is of a $20-30 iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back