best SQ NON-IEM earbuds for portable/running use?
Sep 23, 2013 at 11:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Oscarilbo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys...

I couldn't find a direct answer so...

well.. I'm using right now the Yuin-pk2 not just for office use but for running, which although they are not for it they work beautifully, with the right care of course.

I'm interested in SQ much more than the "ideal" fit for running, and I don't like CANALPHONES. My ears are very sensitive and it hurts, so I prefer NON CANALPHONES, like the yuin.

I was thinking of upgrading them to the Yuin-pk1 and getting a good portable amp and tied up with my sansa clip+. 

Reading about the yuin pk1 I found that the Sennheiser mx980 sound even better, problem is they are apparently bigger and won't keep in my ears while running as the yuin does. So my question is...

Is there any other alternative for portable use and running with equal or better sound quality than the Yuin pk1 (even amped) ???

Sep 23, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #6 of 23
I would think the cable noise and pounding of the feet would decrease the audio quality ridiculously, not to mention the lack of isolation, which means a significant amount of outside nose

Sep 23, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #9 of 23
thanks a lot for the links...

I think the 
Hisoundaudio Living ​
may be the ones for me, I love clarity much more than bass. I love my current Pk2 but the highs are painful sometimes. I want much bearable highs, and it seems the
Hisoundaudio Living ​
have this.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #10 of 23
Many will disagree with me, but I think the Bose SIE2 fits your needs. They sound great, don't go in your ear canal, the Stay-Hear tips will keep them comfortably in your ear, and they are also a sweat resistant sports model. Just a thought.

Sep 24, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #12 of 23
THankyou...

I guess Bose is a good option for running, but I would like something with better SQ (better highs actually if possible) than my pk2, and I doubt Bose could be there (maybe only in bass which I'm not interested in, not even for working out).

Sep 24, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #13 of 23
I think with what your using these for, the Bose would be ideal. The highs on the new Bose (I have only heard the IE2 not the sport versions) are actually much better than the original Bose IE. Yes they are not as good as a good IEM when your sitting and listening in a controlled environment, but while running, hearing outside noise etc. they work very well. I think they will be very secure and comfortable as all get out, and offer a very enjoyable listen. Just my 2 bits.

Other than the Bose IE2, Monster has 2 different sports buds that are not as isolating as their sport model IEM.

http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iSport-Strive-Headphones-Control/dp/B00AAHTQ30
http://www.amazon.com/Monster-iSport-Intensity-In-Ear-Headphones/dp/B009LU80RK/ref=pd_sim_e_1

I own the IEM version of these and it is a very nice IEM with lots of treble energy so the two models listed above might be similar.

Sep 24, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #14 of 23
well... another vote to Bose then... I may well consider seriously now. Maybe you guys are right. Maybe in a controlled environment are not idel, but in very busy outside would be great.

I didn't know about those monsters, maybe they are the non IEM equivalent in quality.

I'm pretty close right now, thank you guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back