best SQ NON-IEM earbuds for portable/running use?
Sep 25, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #16 of 23
I personally use Hisound E212 + Sansa Clip+ for jogging, but the PAA-1 Pro is fine as well. I don't really care about sound that much when I'm running - just want a lot of bass. 

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #17 of 23
The westone alpha series are a iem built for rugged use, might want to try it out. Their tips are also the small kind so it's not too bad

Thank you for suggesting those westones, they are good option too as long as they are comfortable enough.

Should I say I listen orchestral music? mostly and almost entirely film music.

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #19 of 23
I have tried the westone model mentioned and returned it. They are comfortable but have microphonic issues that would bad for running, would be to isolating for safety, and most importantly are not the greatest sounding IEM especially for clarity and treble.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #20 of 23
Perhaps the comply tips can help you, on my first attempt using the canalphone, my ears also a little bit sensitive to silicone tips, I can't stand using the canalphone over 15 minutes, but when I try the comply tips (the store keeper let me try the westone um1), wow, it's so comfortable, I can wear it for hours without pain.
I think you should try the westone IEMs, they sound good & comfortable too.

Sep 27, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #21 of 23
The UM1 from Westone is a nice neutral IEM and I have no issue recommending it. The ADV is a completely different beast! It uses a micro driver that is the first foray into this area for Westone and they just missed the mark in regards to it's tuning. It has an initial wow factor due to it's immense amount of bass but ultimately you notice that it's just to dark and muddy everywhere else.

Sep 28, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #22 of 23
The UM1 from Westone is a nice neutral IEM and I have no issue recommending it. The ADV is a completely different beast! It uses a micro driver that is the first foray into this area for Westone and they just missed the mark in regards to it's tuning. It has an initial wow factor due to it's immense amount of bass but ultimately you notice that it's just to dark and muddy everywhere else.

Then you should try the Hippo Pro One, the shape is so similar with the um1, but the sound tuning is different, Pro One has a little less bass than um2, but the treble is more pronounced, to my ear it has similar forward sound as grado, altough less airy of course.

Sep 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #23 of 23

Reading about the yuin pk1 I found that the Sennheiser mx980 sound even better, problem is they are apparently bigger and won't keep in my ears while running as the yuin does.

Have you considered the mx985? Look at the images on this page:

http://bbs.imp3.net/thread-10792411-1-1.html

The mx985 appears to be smaller than the mx980.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back