Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?...
Jul 21, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #196 of 281
Well yeah, your posts came across as needlessly antagonistic and overly defensive. Better phones at a lower price is a good thing for everybody. The thing that's great is that we've had a massive influx of new players to the game in the last 5 years that are raising the stakes for everyone involved. Competition is good for the consumer. And to clarify, Flare aren't exactly nobodies. They may be newcomers to the IEM game but they have a pedigree in speaker/professional monitor manufacturing. I think the development of a modular, high performance, and extremely tiny earphone is like a dream come true. About the only thing that can be criticized about the overal package at the moment is the chintzy cable, but the phone is designed to address that, and possibly even driver upgrades in the future.

Jul 21, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #197 of 281
Well yeah, your posts came across as needlessly antagonistic and overly defensive. Better phones at a lower price is a good thing for everybody. The thing that's great is that we've had a massive influx of new players to the game in the last 5 years that are raising the stakes for everyone involved. Competition is good for the consumer. And to clarify, Flare aren't exactly nobodies. They may be newcomers to the IEM game but they have a pedigree in speaker/professional monitor manufacturing. I think the development of a modular, high performance, and extremely tiny earphone is like a dream come true. About the only thing that can be criticized about the overal package at the moment is the chintzy cable, but the phone is designed to address that, and possibly even driver upgrades in the future.

Yeah. Seems great!

Just... People already having a TOTL should not be reading anymore, and this is what I am doing. I am stopping from reading more threads, as it seems my opinions are not fine anymore around here, and my opinions hurt more than construct.

In fact, I am limiting my head-fi actions to equipment I already own, or updates that I really consider. 

Even though I am the op of this thread, I might not watch how it develops sooner or later, as I am not fit to do so. 

Jul 21, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #198 of 281
  Sorry my past comments are useless. 

I simply want to confirm with myself that now is the time to stop from searching more IEMs. 

I do understand that r2pro can be even better than ie800, but please, do not tell me to my ear, because I do not want to spend a singe dime more on it
biggrin.gif
. I am a student, and I already spent over 1000$ in audio equipment, and I my laptop is having random freezes. I need to control my audio passion and save money for the next laptop, as my software project needs a better laptop, and I need it now. 

EDIT:: I apologize to any user I offended and to FLARE because my personal situation might had make them look bad. 

That's completely understandable and I of course have not taken any offence despite the apperance perhaps my lengthy replies (I'm like that... lengthy replies). I know exactly where you're coming from mentally although that is the problem of these forums!

It is possible you could buy a pair of R2As off someone here (not everyone loves them!) at the Kickstarter price to try. You will have NO problem getting your money back again should you decide you don't like what they do.

On a purely mathematical point of view (cutting out all emotion from this), if you did decide you love what the R2As do sonically over the ie800s, you would end up with quite a few hundred $$ back in your pocket after you've sold your ie800s..  Funny how the emotional part of perhaps loosing $120 on the re-sale of your ie800s could get in the way of perhaps being $350 better off at the end of it all.

Jul 21, 2015 at 5:16 PM Post #199 of 281
  Yeah. Seems great!

Just... People already having a TOTL should not be reading anymore, and this is what I am doing. I am stopping from reading more threads, as it seems my opinions are not fine anymore around here, and my opinions hurt more than construct.

In fact, I am limiting my head-fi actions to equipment I already own, or updates that I really consider. 

Even though I am the op of this thread, I might not watch how it develops sooner or later, as I am not fit to do so. 

George, it's understandable. Actually, no matter how much you invented, you should be happy if you do love it. Definitely, it's not expensive which means better. The more important is if the sound signature is your taste. As I shared before here, I do prefer Senn. over those neutral sound signature since I almost only listen to classical/instrument. So I you need acute tremble and maybe enough bass, like me, I believe IE800 is what you need. From those description of R2pro, I believe it's not my taste. I read not a few articles online to claim M200 better than IE80 for SQ. But to me, I listen to M200 basically only when I go to the restroom and 80 in my ears several hours a day.
I also experienced your present emotion. But now my heart settled down. I can keep reading some threads and without any desiring to further purphase. I know E80, 800 and HD600 is enough for me. 

Sep 15, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #200 of 281
Hi George/Skerry

There are a lot of IEMs out there in a very wide price range. Although obviously your priorities are/should be elsewhere I'm sorry you're about to give up on your quest now that you have come this far. Therefore I’d like to offer you help.

Some people on this thread like @tgx78 and @LuckyNat have already indicated that the Flare Audio R2 series might be the IEMs you're looking for - and even within a tight budget if you’d purchase them as a used pair - and I tend to believe they are right, the R2.x will probably tick all your boxes. In my opinion you should take the opportunity to have a listen to them before you close this thread.

I’m willing to send you my pair of Flare Audio R2A’s as a loaner - free of charge for 1 month - so you'll be able to decide whether you like them or not (all reversible mods allowed) and return them to me, no deposit required, just flat rate postage is on you. I happen to own both R2A and R2Pro and in the event you have come to the conclusion that you like the R2A’s signature I'd be willing to send you the R2Pro's after that on the same conditions as well.

There's one catch though………

As you may have noticed a few people have been very busy trying to get a European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (thread) of the ground from scratch (@customcoco , @Moriez , @Beyakusenn and others) . I’d like to draw some attention to the thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/765079/european-headphone-temporary-trading-club-wanna-try-cans-for-almost-nothing-read-the-first-post

http://www.head-fi.org/t/779369/european-headphone-temporary-trading-club-wanna-try-cans-for-almost-nothing-read-the-first-post

so the only thing I’m asking in return is for you to join the European Headphone Temporary Trading Club as a member and if you agree I’ll put the R2A in that thread for you (technically it wouldn’t be a trade but hey :wink: ) and we'll take it from there.

Sounds good?

Sep 17, 2015 at 1:50 AM Post #201 of 281
  Hi George/Skerry

There are a lot of IEMs out there in a very wide price range. Although obviously your priorities are/should be elsewhere I'm sorry you're about to give up on your quest now that you have come this far. Therefore I’d like to offer you help.

Some people on this thread like @tgx78 and @LuckyNat have already indicated that the Flare Audio R2 series might be the IEMs you're looking for - and even within a tight budget if you’d purchase them as a used pair - and I tend to believe they are right, the R2.x will probably tick all your boxes. In my opinion you should take the opportunity to have a listen to them before you close this thread.

I’m willing to send you my pair of Flare Audio R2A’s as a loaner - free of charge for 1 month - so you'll be able to decide whether you like them or not (all reversible mods allowed) and return them to me, no deposit required, just flat rate postage is on you. I happen to own both R2A and R2Pro and in the event you have come to the conclusion that you like the R2A’s signature I'd be willing to send you the R2Pro's after that on the same conditions as well.

There's one catch though………

As you may have noticed a few people have been very busy trying to get a European Headphone Temporary Trading Club (thread) of the ground from scratch (@customcoco , @Moriez , @Beyakusenn and others) . I’d like to draw some attention to the thread

http://www.head-fi.org/t/765079/european-headphone-temporary-trading-club-wanna-try-cans-for-almost-nothing-read-the-first-post

http://www.head-fi.org/t/779369/european-headphone-temporary-trading-club-wanna-try-cans-for-almost-nothing-read-the-first-post

so the only thing I’m asking in return is for you to join the European Headphone Temporary Trading Club as a member and if you agree I’ll put the R2A in that thread for you (technically it wouldn’t be a trade but hey :wink: ) and we'll take it from there.

Sounds good?

It is a nice initiative to set a trade club in Europe, but as I am part of Romania, there is no chance I will be able to ever do something like this. We really have problems with customs when something comes out of the country, not to mention of lost packages. 

But the ideea sounds awesome!

If things will ever become at least acceptable in Romania, I will be very interested as there are a few headphones and IEMs that I have been wondering about..

Sep 18, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #202 of 281
  It is a nice initiative to set a trade club in Europe, but as I am part of Romania, there is no chance I will be able to ever do something like this. We really have problems with customs when something comes out of the country, not to mention of lost packages. 

But the ideea sounds awesome!

If things will ever become at least acceptable in Romania, I will be very interested as there are a few headphones and IEMs that I have been wondering about..

I'm very sorry that sending packages to Romania is such a pain/risk, I was already aware of that situation. I consider you to be a serious, trustworthy and helpful HF member so I'm willing to take the chance (taking appropriate measurements) and give you the opportunity to have a listen to the R2's, my offer still stands - I'll drop the trading club catch :wink: - Just shoot me a PM if you're still interested

Dec 2, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #203 of 281
@yangian, which has a bigger soundstage, LZ-A2 or Puro IEM500?  Also, did you find that KEF M200 has a bigger soundstage than these?

Dec 2, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #204 of 281
  @yangian, which has a bigger soundstage, LZ-A2 or Puro IEM500?  Also, did you find that KEF M200 has a bigger soundstage than these?

That's an interesting question. I need to do a carefully AB. Recently I sendom listen to M200. I'll give them a comparison later. Now, I can say is Puro is a very special/strange phone. It has small (to me) soundstage on all DAC sources I have. But it has very spacious soundstage on Nexus 7 with Neutron amplifiered by like NX1. I'm so impressive of Puro from Neutron. I love it!! It definitely has the largest soundstage. But on other sounrces, A2 has larger soundstage. For M200, from memory, it also sounds great on Neutron and my Explorer. From memory, M200 have no the soundstage of Puro from Neutron.

Dec 7, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #205 of 281

More listening. I think Puro has larger soundstage than M200. For symphonies, Puro is definitely better than M200. Puro has better dynamic and fuller sound. For Puro and A2, the soundstage on A2 seems larger.

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #209 of 281
The thing with FAD IEMs is that they are not about the numbers. I do not know what's the upper limit of the frequency response. For my ears the treble is divine.  I'm really sensitive to sibilance and it took me a while to find the earphone which would not be overly bright without loosing any detail.
On Heaven V  even a brighter recordings sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back