Best Soundstage in an UNIVERSAL IEM?...
Sep 5, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #256 of 281
hey mate, i have heard the kaede 2 and practically every iem you can think of and even those you cannot think of. Name it and I will answer. I just could not find a Kaede 2 for my collection.
Its best not to make a wrong judgement. Since when I say I have not heard the Kaede 2?

P.s i dont fault you for not being able to try almost everything like me but in truth, the kaede 2 is in another league to the ie800.

Cheers and happy exploring.

Oh, I'm sorry! Since you said you wanted one and you refered to Kadamian for reference, I was thinking you did not even hear it. I apologize again!
Well, if Kaede is really better than 800 and sell at ¥3000, about $500, that's a great news! But at least someone who A/B them gave different comments, as the link I showed above. So... What impressed me most actually is not 800's soundstage, but its very holographic sound presentation. As I said, you need to use some large work symphony to compare them. To be honest, I don't really like 800's sound signature, but I do enjoy its precise imaging ability and very 3D presentation! It's a lot better than HD600. I also saw someone claimed eacept soundstage, the overall sound quality of IE800 is very similar to HD800. That's why I was thinking it's unacceptable when you compared 800 and Kaede.
Anyway. If you have opportunities to audit so many high end products, hopefully you could give some A/B reviews. I believe it'll great help for people like me for further investment. Thank you very much!
BTW, as not few people mentioned on Headfi, it's not appropriate to judge different products without ABing them. Memory is not reliable at all.

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #257 of 281
give me the music piece that in your opinion sounds great on ie800 so i could compare it side-by-side between kaede and ie800 tomorrow and give you honest and unbiased feedback

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #258 of 281
  give me the music piece that in your opinion sounds great on ie800 so i could compare it side-by-side between kaede and ie800 tomorrow and give you honest and unbiased feedback

Oh, Kadamian, thank you so much!!
How about Mahler's symphonies of Abbado like these:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=abbado+mahler+2
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #259 of 281
I'm going to unbury this thread as I've been quite away from the IEM scene but am considering something that I can wear at work occasionally (have to be IEMs, sadly).

The ones I use the most now are the Havi B3 Pro1, which are nothing special in terms of sound but have a pleasantly wide soundstage (maybe not so much in depth) which makes me go for them often. Build quality is good enough and so is isolation and comfort. There's also a perceptible channel imbalance, as the left driver is a tiny bit louder, not enough to be annoying unless you really focus on it.

Right now I'm looking for something a bit better. A large, holographic sound is important, so that's why I'm posting here. But a few other characteristics would be nice:

- Has to be over the ear design. I strongly prefer this format.
- Good sound quality overall, but it's not necessary to excel on the low-end.
- Good build quality. No need to be special, but I'm tired of IEMs that fall apart with little use. Something like Koss' lifetime warranty would be nice, or at least decent support.
- No CIEMs (can't be bothered, to be honest)

Budget is pretty flexible. I can go Chi-Fi if they're good, but can go higher too - with one limitation: I don't want to carry them with me all the time, which means leaving them at the office where I often have no secure storage... they'll just be in the case on top of my desk. So the odds of having them stolen are high enough to make me want to avoid very expensive models.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #260 of 281
Hi there,

I have a IE7 for sale which is barely used. I bought it when it was discontinued but do not listen to them at all. So it has to go.
It is an over ear design and you can find a lot of reviews about it.
Let me know if you are interested.

Dec 4, 2018 at 7:13 AM Post #262 of 281
What's a good Iem with a big sound stage but still have relatively forward vocals for 300-500 usd?

Good overall IEM, big soundstage, FLC8N. No forward vocals though.

You can't really have a large soundstage and forward vocals at the same time... More like Wide sound and forward vocals, that is possible, or at least vocals that aren't recessed, and there are a few nice IEMs for that :)

Dec 10, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #266 of 281
IMR R1, you can open the ports which expands the soundstage immensely.

Then probably Andromeda or Roxanne II are pretty amazing too.

Dec 11, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #267 of 281
Flare Audio Flares Pro 2 - £299 with bluetooth adapter.

Binaurally recorded soundstages (surely the most natural and realistic?) often amaze me but never so much as when I listen on Flare Audio Flares. The new Pro 2 has a smoother midrange. But they still have their original Pro 1 for £199 too.

Dec 11, 2018 at 10:12 AM Post #268 of 281
sony ex1000 has a huge soundstage

That one yes :)

Although it is pretty hard to find...

IMR R1, you can open the ports which expands the soundstage immensely.

Then probably Andromeda or Roxanne II are pretty amazing too.

IMR R1 can be really wide, good catch!

Flare Audio Flares Pro 2 - £299 with bluetooth adapter.

Binaurally recorded soundstages (surely the most natural and realistic?) often amaze me but never so much as when I listen on Flare Audio Flares. The new Pro 2 has a smoother midrange. But they still have their original Pro 1 for £199 too.

I really hope they are better than their Flare Jet 2, which isn't quite that good :)

---

I will add two midrange IEMs with huge soundstages :)

Azla Horizon and FLC 8N

I just reviewed FLC 8N, and it is very impressive, but Azla Horizon is also pretty close, but with more instrument separation, at the cost of a slightly smaller soundstage (slightly less wide)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back