Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #7,877 of 7,916
Nubia is overpriced crap with nice design. The Z11 sounds worse than many phones without any dedicated sound setup, it has tons of annoying software problems, their updates are completly useless and the camera also sucks. Also, despite the 6gb of ram, that phone lags like a snapdragon 810 device.
I had the Z9 and the Z11 and they both had the same problems. Don`t let yourself fool by the good specs, Nubia doesn`t have a clue how to use them.
Not fully true. I had Z9 and it has magnificent camera. It's actually the best smartphone camera I've ever had: detailed and crisp images. And I may send the prove: images done by it. Regarding bloatware: yeap, there is some. But if you root your phone - you can freeze the unwanted software, so it won't bother you.
Regarding the sound: yeap, it's not so good as the phones like VIVO, Vibe X3... But it's far better, than Samsung S7 or around.

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #7,878 of 7,916
I'm actually interested in getting the m8 for my dt770 80 ohm... how did they sound coming from the m8? These will be the hardest to drive headphones that I use on the go so if the 1.2 volts from the m8 can get the dt770 to loud levels... I'm golden.

Althought it's not super loud, it did drive my headphones enough for me. I always listened at 90-100% level to get a decent sound out of it, and the quality was very good. So if you are an audiophile, you'd be better off with an external amp.

Jun 7, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #7,879 of 7,916
The FIIO devices have excellent audio quality. I can`t speak about the X5 2gen, but the X3 II and the first X5 do sound better than most smartphones, and yes, better than the LG V10. They are also both better sounding than the X900, which should be comparable to the X800. The sound is louder, cleaner and the soundstage is wider. The only problem with these devices is the sometimes very bright treble and a little lack of Bass, which can get hard on your ears if you listen to certain music for long times. This depends on the earphones though, and can be solved with the built in equalizer. The only Phone that sounds better to my ears than those Fiio`s, is the HTC10, with the Meizu Pro 6 plus coming very close to it. The V20 should also sound amazing, as does the B&O dac for the G5, which i own.
Anyway, if you`re going to buy a phone just for the SQ, i`d recommend the HTC10. It sounds freaking amazing.

If
Maybe something has happened with my ears by 40 years (and I used to study in musical school playing violin btw), but when in sound store I was listening to FIIO X5 comparing it to my VIVO X6 Plus - there was no noticeable difference - quality is comparable. The difference was when trying different headphones instead. So in most cases, i think, there is no sense to waste additional money for DAP having smartphone like VIVO X6 Plus or even better - VIVO XPlay 5/6, if you are not an ultimate audiophile with golden ears (good if you are). Better find headphones which fit your musical tastes in the best way.
Peace.

Jun 7, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #7,883 of 7,916
Maybe something has happened with my ears by 40 years (and I used to study in musical school playing violin btw), but when in sound store I was listening to FIIO X5 comparing it to my VIVO X6 Plus - there was no noticeable difference - quality is comparable. The difference was when trying different headphones instead. So in most cases, i think, there is no sense to waste additional money for DAP having smartphone like VIVO X6 Plus or even better - VIVO XPlay 5/6, if you are not an ultimate audiophile with golden ears (good if you are). Better find headphones which fit your musical tastes in the best way.
Peace.

Similar situation, gave Sony a30 a listen in the shop and it sounded terrible in comparison to my phone. Not to mention battery life on most player is atrocious, i need it to last atleast a single charge while non stop playing flac's for 18 to 20 hours.
So in my opinion it is better to go for smartphone with a good dac implementation and stellar battery life while playing music, rather than a dac in similar price range.

Jun 7, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #7,886 of 7,916
Which adapter do you use?
超级截屏_20170608_070525.png
I bought mine from here. Very quick delivery and good service.
http://m.liaow.com/vivo.html

Do you have to pay the custom tax at your country?

Jun 8, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #7,889 of 7,916
What I use is 2.5 trrs to 3.5 trs adapter.
I bought from brabbit_hifi (local shop). Because my cable is terminated for 2.5 balanced DAP, dx200.

The other one is 3.5 female to 3.5 male cable extender which I bought from local DIYer as well.

For good quality one, I suggest you contact effect audio or norne audio.

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #7,890 of 7,916
Maybe you could help with links for the adapters? The one I am using is not reliable.

Yeah I paid custom taxes but it wasn't much since the guys from the liaow wrote that the package was a gift.

I used this shop to buy all my Chinese smartphones since 2012 :)
Not the minimal price on market, but always good response and service. They declare a lower price - just tell them the price the gift is estimated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back