Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 9, 2017 at 6:38 AM Post #7,891 of 7,916
Guys, do you think a Meizu MX4 Pro (ESS Sabre ES9018K2M + OPA1612) for $290 brand new is still a good smartphone to buy today? Or should i go with a Galaxy S7 (Cirrus Logic CS47L91) for $490? Want to know if they sound much different and if the price difference is worth it for the S7. The prices are high because the country i live has those insane prices.

Jun 9, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #7,892 of 7,916
Guys, do you think a Meizu MX4 Pro (ESS Sabre ES9018K2M + OPA1612) for $290 brand new is still a good smartphone to buy today? Or should i go with a Galaxy S7 (Cirrus Logic CS47L91) for $490? Want to know if they sound much different and if the price difference is worth it for the S7. The prices are high because the country i live has those insane prices.

MX4 Pro sure sound wise than S7. But it cannot insert micro sd card would be tough to enjoy fully. If you have budget to $490. Better buy LG V20 or Meizu Pro5.

Jun 9, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #7,893 of 7,916
MX4 Pro sure sound wise than S7. But it cannot insert micro sd card would be tough to enjoy fully. If you have budget to $490. Better buy LG V20 or Meizu Pro5.

Pro5 costs $590 here. Pro 6 Plus $680 and LG V20 (only imported) $650. Not having many options =(

Edit:
Forgot to add that i want the best price/performance/sound of those. That's why the MX4 Pro look so interesting. But the problem is, they just has the 16gb model here. I just listen to spotify anyway, maybe it's enough.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #7,894 of 7,916
where do you live?

normally, you should have the mx4 pro for under $200.

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:38 AM Post #7,896 of 7,916
Brazil, the place where absolutely everything is expensive as hell and our incomes are garbage. For instance, the minimum wage here is $285 (yeah, you have to work a month to buy a mx4 pro).

I bought an mx4 pro last year for £120 GB so 290$ is too much for such an old phone.
Sound wise its great but otherwise no so much. The home button malfunctioned, no proper software support and the battery life is terrible. I have an LG v10 now and it is superior to the mx4 pro in every way.

I want to upgrade to another phone soon maybe oneplus 5 if it has decent headphone output. I want a phone that can last 1.5 -2 days of moderate use. I hate chargin everyday i am a lazy &%$K.

Jun 9, 2017 at 10:11 AM Post #7,898 of 7,916
Quite a tough decision...

Are you interested in buying from aliexpress. That can be quite cheaper. Just see the store that get high feedback.

Pro 5 for $300. Letv max as well if you dont mind super big phone.

V10, v20 good price also.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #7,899 of 7,916
Brazil, the place where absolutely everything is expensive as hell and our incomes are garbage. For instance, the minimum wage here is $285 (yeah, you have to work a month to buy a mx4 pro).
i checked phone prices in brazil, wow...

this is the normal price of the mx4 pro:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371976840779

i don't know brazilian tax/custom rules, but you might want to consider importing a phone by yourself. also, a used pro 5 costs like 150 € in the eu...

Jun 9, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #7,900 of 7,916
Have a question and I think this is the best place to ask.

I'm looking for a cheapo transport that runs on Android and is rootable because I want to use v4a.

I have a lg g3 just sitting in my drawer but Verizon has a strong hold on all of their phones, so I'm not able to root it.

Looking for something were I can get it used for 50-100$. Doesny matter what manufacturer as long as it's rootable and a Android.

Also this thing is going to be married to a mojo playing flac and streaming spotify. As some of you know, mojo and spotify doesn't play nice together with some Android phones

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #7,902 of 7,916
i checked phone prices in brazil, wow...

this is the normal price of the mx4 pro:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/371976840779

i don't know brazilian tax/custom rules, but you might want to consider importing a phone by yourself. also, a used pro 5 costs like 150 € in the eu...
Customs here are ridiculous too, especially for smartphones. It's still a better deal in some cases but it will take ages to arrive (because of the customs, like 2-3 months) and no warranty.

Jun 9, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #7,904 of 7,916
Have a question and I think this is the best place to ask.

I'm looking for a cheapo transport that runs on Android and is rootable because I want to use v4a.

I have a lg g3 just sitting in my drawer but Verizon has a strong hold on all of their phones, so I'm not able to root it.

Looking for something were I can get it used for 50-100$. Doesny matter what manufacturer as long as it's rootable and a Android.

Also this thing is going to be married to a mojo playing flac and streaming spotify. As some of you know, mojo and spotify doesn't play nice together with some Android phones

I think the HTC One M8 is by this price right now and it has the headphones amp, it's rootable and has the v4a support.

Customs here are ridiculous too, especially for smartphones. It's still a better deal in some cases but it will take ages to arrive (because of the customs, like 2-3 months) and no warranty.

Hey, man, I'm from Brazil too. I know what you're dealing with and maybe I can help you.
As you may know HTC phones have pretty good audio, on ebay there're many sellers that ship to Brazil. Just got my M7 refurbished in pretty good shape, they taxed me but the ship box said 'refurbished smartphone' so it was inevitable.
At the seller's page you can find the M9 for $250. If you want we can talk via whatsapp, Skype or even email. Pass me your info in private.

Jun 10, 2017 at 10:29 AM Post #7,905 of 7,916

As a thought you could try to ask the dealer to mar the package as something that has almost no import tax on it, or just as an old phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back