Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2017 at 9:22 AM Post #7,861 of 7,916
Ok, sorry to spam again, but are there any other options now which aren't so huge? I mean I now have the Zenfone 2 which by itself is really big and I'd rather buy something a bit smaller than even bigger this time. Are there any options like that?

vivo xplay 6 , x5 max, axon7, htc 10

Jun 5, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #7,862 of 7,916
I am with the G6 quad dac but I soon get the xplay 6. G6 is not ideal for me, it seems that when it activates the quad dac the sound dies, it is without extension, very strange ... I want to hear the xplay to draw conclusions, So far, the sound of the G6 did not please me.

Jun 5, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #7,863 of 7,916
I am with the G6 quad dac but I soon get the xplay 6. G6 is not ideal for me, it seems that when it activates the quad dac the sound dies, it is without extension, very strange ... I want to hear the xplay to draw conclusions, So far, the sound of the G6 did not please me.

what color did you order?

Jun 6, 2017 at 1:18 PM Post #7,866 of 7,916
any of the highly handled phones with price tags below 300 featuring aptx?

since i cannot find aptx plus big battery in that pricerange (besides asus, as they tend to have lots of bloatware and pretty much masked android os) i would make a compromise in battery capacity, but than it needs to have a hp out with decent quality. meaning it should be dead flat in frequency response, no matter which impedance i plug in. i do not need any kind of so called sound enhancers.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:14 PM Post #7,867 of 7,916
So, now I'm really curious with folks actually recommending a smartphone for audio, did LG do anything to their version of the ROM to fix the volume limiting that seems inherent in many apps and the underlying OS? I've had issues with Android phones not allowing connected headphones to get above the ambient noise in particularly noisy areas. This is a big reason I went and got a Fiio X3-II. I've used it standalone and with streaming services through my phone by attaching it as a USB DAC, and I've had no issues and have enjoyed the sound quality so far.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:48 PM Post #7,868 of 7,916
any of the highly handled phones with price tags below 300 featuring aptx?

since i cannot find aptx plus big battery in that pricerange (besides asus, as they tend to have lots of bloatware and pretty much masked android os) i would make a compromise in battery capacity, but than it needs to have a hp out with decent quality. meaning it should be dead flat in frequency response, no matter which impedance i plug in. i do not need any kind of so called sound enhancers.

Sony z3

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #7,869 of 7,916
So, now I'm really curious with folks actually recommending a smartphone for audio, did LG do anything to their version of the ROM to fix the volume limiting that seems inherent in many apps and the underlying OS? I've had issues with Android phones not allowing connected headphones to get above the ambient noise in particularly noisy areas. This is a big reason I went and got a Fiio X3-II. I've used it standalone and with streaming services through my phone by attaching it as a USB DAC, and I've had no issues and have enjoyed the sound quality so far.

Try LG V20 (activating ext mode or high gain) I think it loud than enough.

Which can do you pair?

Jun 6, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #7,870 of 7,916
Resolved my friends, low impedance headphones use the adapter, my God, the sound has completely changed, now that's right.

Good for you. You can also use adapter to vivo xplay6 as well. Waiting for your comparison.

Jun 6, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #7,872 of 7,916
Where did you guys order the Xplay 6 and how much did you pay?

In Thailand, there is a lot of merchants who can deal with Chinese store. So I contact with one of them to carry one for me. I pay for $680 with his 1-year fully guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back