Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #7,217 of 7,916
So no Miracle here..
biggrin.gif
again.

Samsung is not really known as a hifi smartphone brand, they rarely integrate dedicated audio chips to their phones, its only the Galaxy S7 Exynos out of all their phones that has a dedicated audio chip which is a Cirrus Logic one. You would want to take a look to Vivo, ZTE and Meizu, they often integrate dedicated DACs to their devices

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #7,218 of 7,916
I have the ones plus 3T right now.. And well, it's not so great.
My ex-smartphone LG V10 was way better in audio.
But worse for everything else.. Lol :D
It's hard to choose a Top Smartphone with a nice audio.

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #7,219 of 7,916
Just like DAP, each TOTL audio smartphone has its own character. Still cant tell which is better. It is good at different genre and favor. I may need to collect 7 brands and make a wish to dragon god for true purist TOTL phone with best SQ

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:56 AM Post #7,223 of 7,916
Well, I'm still very impressed with the Zenfone 3. Fantastic Super IPS+ screen, SONY IMX298 flagship camera with OIS (with Super Resolution untill 64MP that WORKS) and the sound still intrigues me. Wondering why  it just sounds fantastic with Player Pro, any other player including Neutron and PowerAmp suck in comparison, but in fact out of Player Pro and  now Android 7 and with the InEar ProPhile 8, the SQ is stunning for a phone. I don't recall having this experience with the LG V10 last year, but I did not have a 1300€ IEM, nor even close. It was FLC8S with the LG V10. V10 needed some adapter to enable High Gain, to achieve these dynamics. Pure SQ wise, without direct A/B I won't risk to say that the Zenfone 3 sounds better. But doesn't seem to be any worse for sure.

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #7,228 of 7,916
  too bad that is really wide 152.59 x 77.38 x 7.69 mm
Ops I see that there is a 5.2" model too 146.87 x 73.98 x 7.69 mm

Yes, I have the 5.2" version and love this size, wouldn't change to the 5.5" version.

Didn't know about Noozxoide EIZO-Rewire. Have always used ViPER4ANDROID FX on my older phones, but didn't want to root the Zenfone 3. Basically it's a non-root alternative to ViPER4ANDROID. If you want to take your listening experience to the next level, I recommend that you guys give EIZO-Rewire a try. Changes are subtle, but noticeable. I like features like: "Balanced Natural Sound", "True Voice Processor", Digital Presets with "Audiophile" and "Unique I, II and III" presets, "Digital Elements" to alter sound signature to your taste (Deep**Warm / Warm**Clear/ Deep**Clear / Bright**Clear (my prefered one for InEar ProPhile-8) / Deep**Bright / Warm**Bright),"VE-Engine", etc. The result is a more refined, maybe cleaner and more immersive sound. I think ViPER is superior, but if you can't root, this is a very interesting alternative. You can get it from Google Play Store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back