Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 27, 2017 at 10:24 AM Post #7,201 of 7,916
  I would also give some credit to viperaudio. After selling my vibe x3 i started using my oneplus one again during the meantime and installed viper. This time i was able to tune it to perfection to match the sound signature of x3 and was surprised myself after seeing the final result. I never believed in viper before this because i had no idea about the good sound. 

I will give it a try now. Thanks :)

edit: Sorry, thought you were talking about a music player, not ViPER4ANDROID FX. I still can't root my phone. Would obviously love to try ViPER4ANDROID here.

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #7,202 of 7,916
  - Which one gives wider sound stage? Make you feel like you are in concert hall?  
- Which one can make blacker background? make you feel silence part is really silent.
- Which one make you feel that guitar, drum, vocal is layering more beautiful. make each instrument not stuffed around at your face. Instead it separate one another very well.
- etc.

I find these items as a KPI for validating sound quality since if you find it, your memory can't easily get out from brain.

I respect your opinion on smartphone-audio a lot in here, and I await your review of the vivo :wink:

but here I disagree, since all of these points are a comparison (which one ...) and this comparison can only be done, imho, levelled and fast-switched - and not out of memory.
If you heard louder the last the time, your memory says, that was better.
And as time passes, memory gets ... vague.

But, no way to have all questions answered in here about all kinds of different devices my way, that would be a smartphone-store at home :wink:

cheers

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #7,203 of 7,916
  https://www.androidpit.com/sony-xperia-xz-premium-review

Well they went all out specs wise on this phone.If you discount gimmicks like curved screen etc this beats S8 etc hollow.

Yes I am still waiting for a detailed audiophile tear down type review but people who are into good audio on smartphones are out of options this year.

See I currently have HTC One A9. Love the SQ via headphones but I find it a bit lacking in everything else and I expect it to be sluggish after OTA OS update.

Build quality wise I only consider Apple,HTC and Sony as top drawer.I would rate LG as below Chinese smartphones in quality. HTC/Apple are more or less abandoning 3.5 mm and I am not a big fan of lugging around adapters for USB Type C and litening ports that basically only leaves Sony XZ premium this year as the audiophile option from manufacturers with great build quality.

Sony generally makes great audio products and this phone looks like they decided to max out everything so I am very hopeful for its audio quality.

Yep the A9 has great headphone output quality (almost as good as the 10 IMHO) and has a nice camera, but the AMOLED screen is not very accurate and the 8x A53's are well.... 8x A53's. There is still not single thread power when you need it.
I did love the phones battery life during the 6 months I tested it though.

I REALLY hope that HTC doesn't drop the headphone jack on the HTC 11 (or Ocean, whatever they decide to call it). Would make the phone a non-starter.

Mar 27, 2017 at 6:51 PM Post #7,204 of 7,916
Jimster: HTC 10, Anker USB C adapter into a Fiio Kunlun and then headphone.  I get no sound. Is this because a "C" adapter won't allow OTG USB? Will this be the same on every phone.  Or will other adapters work, but this particular Anker model doesn't work? 

Mar 27, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #7,206 of 7,916
So I have been using LG G6 the Korean version with quad dac. It sounded almost as good as a chord hugo for iems. It had better grip on my A&K Rosie than Hugo.

I have yet to test big cans.

Sent from my LGM-G600K using Tapatalk

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:17 AM Post #7,208 of 7,916
How did you get the Korean version so fast!?!

Using Korean importers in Dubai (where I live). I am not the only one though, there are many who received it 5-6 days back. 
This is my third day of owning it. 

You can read a few owner's of Korean G6's impressions here: 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g6/how-to/discussion-lg-g6-mega-thread-t3566663

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:41 PM Post #7,209 of 7,916
Does anybody here experienced in HTC Desire 10 Pro or HTC One X9?

I would like to buy some smartphone which could run my Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2​ and probably some other headphones about 100 Ohms without external amp. The second moment  - I need dual sim phone working worldwide, so these two candidates are the most interesting for me. There s also HTC Desire 10​ Lifestyle, however its CPU looks quite outdated. Of course, HTC 10 is the best choice, I guess, but I have no such money.

Currently I have HTC Desire 601 and it sounds perfectly, but I need some upgrade. And I will be thankfull for any recommendations, especially if somebody tell me how two above mentioned phones running middle-ohm headphones and what is audio output voltage.

Mar 29, 2017 at 7:58 AM Post #7,210 of 7,916
  Does anybody here experienced in HTC Desire 10 Pro or HTC One X9?

I would like to buy some smartphone which could run my Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2​ and probably some other headphones about 100 Ohms without external amp. The second moment  - I need dual sim phone working worldwide, so these two candidates are the most interesting for me. There s also HTC Desire 10​ Lifestyle, however its CPU looks quite outdated. Of course, HTC 10 is the best choice, I guess, but I have no such money.

Currently I have HTC Desire 601 and it sounds perfectly, but I need some upgrade. And I will be thankfull for any recommendations, especially if somebody tell me how two above mentioned phones running middle-ohm headphones and what is audio output voltage.

lg v20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back