Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 30, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #7,234 of 7,916
Every day is a school day :wink:, I found it about 2 years ago at the xda forums when I was looking for Viper4android for a phone which could not been rooted.

No doubts about that. 
smile.gif
 Same thing here, something told me that there could exist something like ViPER with no need to root. And voilá, really excited with the new toy :D

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:16 PM Post #7,237 of 7,916
  Does anybody here experienced in HTC Desire 10 Pro or HTC One X9?

I would like to buy some smartphone which could run my Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700MK2​ and probably some other headphones about 100 Ohms without external amp. The second moment  - I need dual sim phone working worldwide, so these two candidates are the most interesting for me. There s also HTC Desire 10​ Lifestyle, however its CPU looks quite outdated. Of course, HTC 10 is the best choice, I guess, but I have no such money.

Currently I have HTC Desire 601 and it sounds perfectly, but I need some upgrade. And I will be thankfull for any recommendations, especially if somebody tell me how two above mentioned phones running middle-ohm headphones and what is audio output voltage.

HTC A9, its much cheaper especially in most markets.

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #7,238 of 7,916
Guys... Considering that always less smartphones have dedicated DAC/AMP...i was thinking to buy an external Dac to use with every smartphone from now to the future... What Dac can you suggest to me? Less than 100$/€ please, and obviously it has to work with OTG.. THANKS.

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #7,241 of 7,916
Thx, what do you think about "Fiio Q1"?
The quality is similar to the V10 that I used to have, or even better? Thanks.

Much inferior to the V10. Soundstage, separation, mids, treble, etc. It's in a completely different league, the SABRE 9018 DAC is without a doubt an high-end DAC if well implemented, which is the case of the LG V10.

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #7,244 of 7,916
Thank you..but I prefer to have everything in my smartphone.
I was sure that with an external Dac that costs 100$ I could have better results than V10.. but if it's not, I'll probably wait for another smartphone with dedicated DAC.. :)
V30, Maybe...thx btw

Mar 30, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #7,245 of 7,916
But, sorry.. At this point there is the
"Hi-Fi Plus with B&O PLAY" with DAC 32-bit ESS ES9028C2M; Amplificatore ESS Sabre 9602c...That right now costs 80$.

Should be the perfect one at this price, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back