Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #5,012 of 7,916
Cant find play5 ult in ali or any store yet.

Is there any solid link selling it. Please help share.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #5,014 of 7,916
The people here are bonkers. I never even realised that people could consider the quality the same until I people claiming it on headfi. Sure, there are horrible FLAC files, but that doesn't mean there's no audible differences between some or most of the 320 and flac.

Like people saying burn in isn't real. Just depends on the product. My musicmaker TK13's bass transformed within the first 10 hours but on most of my stuff I haven't noticed anything.

Well, then you're one of the precious Golden Ear population, who can distinguish 320 MP3 and lossless. Congrat.

Nov 6, 2016 at 6:10 AM Post #5,016 of 7,916
Talking about lossless vs lossy. I am not the expert but it may depend on type of song. but these day storage is cheap so it is not pain in ass to keep lossless for either psychologically or scientifically best sounding for all listeners.

Whatever condition that make ourselves happy listening, just keep as it be. :)

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #5,018 of 7,916
Of course the difference between 320 mp3 and Flac is noticable. Listening on headphones however I can´t tell the difference. But on a nice home HiFi amplifier and good speakers oh yes trust me the difference can be heard. Well recorded Flac has a much more space, more dynamic and the music goes somehow smoother like a waterfall.
Also 320kbps doesnt have to mean nothing, well encoded 128 can sometimes sounds better than 320.

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #5,019 of 7,916
  My big hope for the year (Mi Note 2) turned out to be a dud (audiophilically).
Meizu Pro 6 took a step backwards.
Le Eco decided to go jackless (and thus DAC-less as well)
Axon 7 is good enough, but I'm looking for wow-factor, not just 'good enough'
LG V20 is the only contender left, but the fear of bootloops has a strong grip on my wallet.
Vivo XPlay 5 seems like it could be the best of the year, but the price tag is a huge turn off.
HTC is only 5 inches... I like bigger phones for watching movies and overall media enjoyment

Anyone know of future phones which could be the bright hope for our audiophile needs?

Dunno and dont really care if the phone is a current flagship personally so im looking at the LeTV 900+.

Dont really think latest and greatest hardware is necessary for music and multimedia. Games? probably but i never really understood hardcore gaming on phones...
Just waiting for someones review as a "confirmation" and im pulling the trigger. 

Nov 6, 2016 at 9:41 AM Post #5,020 of 7,916
Dunno and dont really care if the phone is a current flagship personally so im looking at the [COLOR=666666]LeTV 900+.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=666666]Dont really think latest and greatest hardware is[/COLOR] necessary for music and multimedia. Games? probably but i never really understood hardcore gaming on phones...
Just waiting for someones review as a "confirmation" and im pulling the trigger. 

I have 2 phone of letv max x900. One is used as usual phone. another I use as DAP (airplane mode).

surely cuz I cannot find usual dap in the price range that can really blow my mind. :) well my ear might be badass - not able to find dap better than phone from this price range. :p

this is mini impression

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #5,021 of 7,916
I have 2 phone of letv max x900. One is used as usual phone. another I use as DAP (airplane mode).

surely cuz I cannot find usual dap in the price range that can really blow my mind.
smily_headphones1.gif
well my ear might be badass - not able to find dap better than phone from this price range.
tongue.gif

this is mini impression

Exactly, you rules, bro!
beerchug.gif

Nov 6, 2016 at 11:56 AM Post #5,022 of 7,916
I appreciate all models with good DAC here listed.
But only to hear them for myself and I can only encourage all you in audio-upgrading-mode, to do so as well.
Comparison is IMHO total nonsense if the setup is not carefully leveled.
unplug, plug, start is already fatigue for your ear and noone can compare IMHO more than 3 devices.
but hey, gadgets are nice to read and write about, so no offense at all to anyone,
cheers

Nov 6, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #5,024 of 7,916

Waaaay too expensive. Liaow sells it for less than 500$ now, with 1 year warranty. About a month ago, the Ultimate Version was available there, but not anymore, don't know why. I believe they won't sell it anymore.

I really want to pull the trigger on the X900: a premium phone, with great sound ang 128GB for less than 250 euros... I think I can deal with its size, but EUI is stopping me. I don't want to flash custom roms in this best.

Does every X900 owner here use this phone with a custom ROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back