Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #3,271 of 7,916
I haven't heard the Axon 7 yet. The review I read compared it to the XPlay 5 and said the XPlay 5 was superior in bass, mids, treble, soundstage etc to the Axon 7. I'm not surprised as the XPlay 5 is definitely the best smart phone I have listened to. I did a review which you should be able to find with the search facility.

I should point out that's only one review that compared the Axon 7 and Xplay 5. Perhaps the XPlay 5's sound signature was more to the author's taste.

Check out my Edited last comment. It seems the Xplay5 Elite do have the best that we can get from a smartphone

Jun 27, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #3,272 of 7,916
Sorry, not much clear for me. Are you saying that the Xplay 5 Elite sounds much better than the Axon 7 in every way?

The Xplay 5 Elite has 2*ES9028+OPA1612 according to GSM Arena.

The Axon 7 has [COLOR=3F4042]AKM 4961 + 4490[/COLOR]

[COLOR=3F4042]Do we know which one is better? [/COLOR]:confused:  

EDIT: Found this on GSM Arena:

Darn, why is the best audio smartphone not compatible in Europe? Sucks to not be asian :)

Jun 27, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #3,273 of 7,916
  I respectfully disagree that the G5 is a "failed product." Perhaps in the form of revenue for LG it is, but for my personal use I am loving it just as much as my S7 and more than my HTC 10. I paid $300 less for it than my S7 ($100 less if you include the Hi-Fi module I bought) and it handily whoops the S7 and outclasses the HTC. Now thaty they're $400ish unlocked on eBay, it's a phone I can easily recommend and the Sabre 9028 Hi-Fi module makes things sound outstanding. I hear no difference (other than perhaps total volume) between this and my Dragonfly Red, which is a very good thing. V10 to me was great at audio and not much else. Big, clunky, odd design and it just isn't as refined as the G5 for me. Sure the modules are gimicky, but I have never taken out the Hi-Fi plus module. It's lived in the phone from day one. 

-Collin-

In Soviet Russia it's 760$ (price equal to S7 and HTC 10) for LG G5se (Snap 652 and not only). No real flagman available. No HiFi module available but price called as 160$. The original and camera modules have very fragile connection: it will fail quickly with everyday swaps, also it's broken easily in pockets. Bulky vs HTC 10. Stock sound is nothing special.

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #3,275 of 7,916
Sorry, not much clear for me. Are you saying that the Xplay 5 Elite sounds much better than the Axon 7 in every way?

The Xplay 5 Elite has 2*ES9028+OPA1612 according to GSM Arena.

The Axon 7 has [COLOR=3F4042]AKM 4961 + 4490[/COLOR]

[COLOR=3F4042]Do we know which one is better? [/COLOR]:confused:  

EDIT: Found this on GSM Arena:

Darn, why is the best audio smartphone not compatible in Europe? Sucks to not be asian :)

Also just Gold and rosegold
Ugly af

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z1 Compact mit Tapatalk

Jun 27, 2016 at 10:44 AM Post #3,278 of 7,916
so, i just tried out the Z5C. I did not notice any improvement for me over my Z1C ( i still notice quite a lot of back ground noise. But that might just be my problem because i dont use any volumesettings higher than 20ish% which might reduce SnR by quite a bit)

Any other suggestions i can try out? I live in germany btw, so importing chinaphones is not the best idea as most lack lte band 20 which i need

Jun 27, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #3,279 of 7,916
Someone already mentioned a while ago (somwhere on page 173) the Ulefone Vienna, which comes with a NXP Smart Audio PA independent DAC/AMP solution ... has anyone heard more about that? Like a 'real' audiotest? Found that he company posted a video of that phone hooked up to a nice set of speakers (I guess anything hooked up to them would sound impressive) and then the potential buyer shall judge from the YouTube audio if this is an improvement :) 

Anyone? Bueller?

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #3,281 of 7,916
Someone already mentioned a while ago (somwhere on page 173) the Ulefone Vienna, which comes with a NXP Smart Audio PA independent DAC/AMP solution ... has anyone heard more about that? Like a 'real' audiotest? Found that he company posted a video of that phone hooked up to a nice set of speakers (I guess anything hooked up to them would sound impressive) and then the potential buyer shall judge from the YouTube audio if this is an improvement :) 

Anyone? Bueller?

Not impressive but good at least, anyway with headphones things can change completely. Would be nice if they post a video of the test of it when plugged, if the readings are great there's a good chance it might good with headphones too.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Jun 27, 2016 at 11:50 PM Post #3,282 of 7,916
What about the OnePlus 3 in audio performance?

Oneplus always struggled when the audio quality with headphones are considered, but it always had the potential to do better, so I believe that with the right music player and software like Viper4android it could sound great. If anyone buy it the user review would confirm what I just said.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back