Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #3,301 of 7,916
  I agree that their review didn't detailed the Audio department enough. However they showed every other aspect of the phone, which makes me feel more safe to buy. It's a solid phone, despite not having USB Type-C and other few minor things. I really don't care if the phone looks like a Ripoff. The "Originals" doesn't have that Audio setup. To hell with brands.

Fun fact: Vivo is actually the name of one of the biggest brazillian carriers. I'm pretty sure everyone will be amazed to see my new "Vivo" phone 
etysmile.gif

Only thing that's not clear for me because of my lack of knowledge is that I don't know how to check if the phone will be compatible with my country's carriers. If anyone can help me with this, I'd appreciate it very much. I live in Brazil, as mentioned before.

EDIT: Just emailed GSM Arena asking if they forgot about this "Hifi ON/OFF" Switch". I'll let you guys know if they answer.

There was some guy a while ago, that got a reply saying that they only tried stock as it was what the average consumer looked for, but for the life of me, this search is useless or I am 
blink.gif

Edit: just look at the frequency for your carrier, on wikipedia,  https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivo_(empresa)   they offer gsm in most frequencies so as long as you buy an unlocked phone, you should be good to go.

This is a valid point, the reviewers could be great at reviewing IT gadgets and write very well. if his got 2 left ears and is tone deaf, how if he supposed to know how the audio sounds?

After all it's not high on the priority list, for these people reviewing these phones. And they they may not even have the needed mid tear, or, high end iem's/headphones to test the phone's audio properly.

And testing the internal audio DAC/amplifier stages properly, would require nearly as much effort and time, if not more than the whole initial device review.

Especially with the quirk's, and bug workarounds to get things working properly, like with the Early V10 Android versions.
Personally, I wouldn't trust their opinion on audio, at GSM arena, either.

Exactly that, just because they have the equipment, means just that, they will measure specs!

Jun 29, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #3,307 of 7,916
does the hifi dac in zte axon work with third part music apps

why does it not accept more than 64 giga micro sd cards

Jun 30, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #3,310 of 7,916
No reply from GSM Arena about Xplay5 Elite DAC. I think they don't even care at this point. ):

Wish I had the money to buy the Xplay and do a proper sound review myself, since I live in one of the few carrier compatible countries. I hope someone else manage to get it's hands on the phone for us.

Jun 30, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #3,311 of 7,916
The new Vivo X7 seems to be a nice option too

http://www.gsmarena.com/vivo_x7_and_x7_plus_are_now_official_snapdragon_652_and_4gb_ram_but_lollipop-news-19137.php

with AK4376 32-bit DAC idk if its good anyone knows it?

Jul 1, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #3,313 of 7,916
Well I sold my s7. Bought an LG V10 from the UK and had it shipped here to New Zealand. Picked it up today and I have to say that I'm absolutely blown away by the sound. Plus I doubt many people here in New Zealand or even at home in Ireland have this amazing phone..

Jul 1, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #3,314 of 7,916
Well I sold my s7. Bought an LG V10 from the UK and had it shipped here to New Zealand. Picked it up today and I have to say that I'm absolutely blown away by the sound. Plus I doubt many people here in New Zealand or even at home in Ireland have this amazing phone..

It really is a step up from the S7, I totally agree with you. I have the G5 + HiFi DAC which is roughly the same as the V10 and it blows my S7 out of the water. Unfortunately for me, the S7 is such a more pleasant phone to deal with day to day in everything but audio, so I have ultimately decided that I will keep the S7 + Dragonfly Red and just deal with it. The G5 + HiFi DAC is driving me insane with it cutting in and out and losing connection. Anyway, glad you like the V10. As an overall package, I think it's better than the gimicky module system of the G5. You made the right choice. 

-Collin-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back