Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 22, 2015 at 12:59 PM Post #571 of 7,916
Hopefully you guys can help me out a bit. My employer is going to buy me a new cell phone (YAY). Considering I don't have to pay a penny for this wonderful phone I would like to get the absolute best phone I could possibly get. What I'm mostly concerned about is audio quality. Screen size is a definite plus (I'm coming from a Note 4). I currently have the Lumia 735, for now anyway I have 14 days to return for another phone. I'm looking at the Galaxy S6 either model, Sony Xperia z3v, HTC M9, LG G4. I would like to stick with Android if I could and just another note these phones are on Verizon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #572 of 7,916
  Zenfone 2 is bad mouthed by users. Like the reply below, if you have either, you are happy. If you must get one, you can get either and be happy. 

Only Audiowise, maybe Idol 3, but they should sound similar. Though, Oneplus one uses cyannogenmod, without official Android, so it might be more of a prefference thing. If you already have either, you are happy. If you are getting a smartphone, you can get either and be happy. 

It doesn't have to be exactly one of these phones, but they are the only ones I could find that support dual-SIM and microSD card at the same time (and have decent audio quality ofc). If You have any information about any other phone that has dual-SIM + microSD slot and decent other specs (Android OS) at this price range, I would be more than happy to hear aboout it.
And what do You mean about the Zenfone 2 being bad-mouthed? I know they have some minor problems but the updates are rolling out pretty often so I hope they are being fixed. Is there any specific major problem with these phones You have in mind?

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #574 of 7,916
Really? The Z3+ is so new to market in the UK... Churn rate is becoming a bit silly!!

Jul 22, 2015 at 1:53 PM Post #576 of 7,916
So S will be more premium than Z?

Sorry, just seeing, as my iPhone 6+ is going to be retired soon (especially if there is no jailbreak for iOS 9 when that pops out)

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #577 of 7,916
  Hopefully you guys can help me out a bit. My employer is going to buy me a new cell phone (YAY). Considering I don't have to pay a penny for this wonderful phone I would like to get the absolute best phone I could possibly get. What I'm mostly concerned about is audio quality. Screen size is a definite plus (I'm coming from a Note 4). I currently have the Lumia 735, for now anyway I have 14 days to return for another phone. I'm looking at the Galaxy S6 either model, Sony Xperia z3v, HTC M9, LG G4. I would like to stick with Android if I could and just another note these phones are on Verizon. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If sound quality is the thing you are most concerned about and you haven´t got much time left to choose, get the One M9, it can drive almost anything and there is still Viper4Android and such things...

If you have more time, wait and look if flagships from the Brands Xiaomi, Gionee, Meizu, Vivo or LeTv pop up in the Verizon line. My personal recommendation is the Vivo X5Max (Platinum Edition!) as it is big (5,5) and has a big battery and a ESS Sabre 9018 Dac and most importantly a micro sd port. Another honorable mention would be the Gionee Elife E8 (flagship, but without the hot Snapdragon 810 and with two dedicated audio chips and a special ampflifier built in.

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:06 PM Post #579 of 7,916
Interesting... Will watch this space, if comes with water resistant properties like the Z series, will almost certainly be sold on the idea!

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #580 of 7,916
  If sound quality is the thing you are most concerned about and you haven´t got much time left to choose, get the One M9, it can drive almost anything and there is still Viper4Android and such things...

If you have more time, wait and look if flagships from the Brands Xiaomi, Gionee, Meizu, Vivo or LeTv pop up in the Verizon line. My personal recommendation is the Vivo X5Max (Platinum Edition!) as it is big (5,5) and has a big battery and a ESS Sabre 9018 Dac and most importantly a micro sd port. Another honorable mention would be the Gionee Elife E8 (flagship, but without the hot Snapdragon 810 and with two dedicated audio chips and a special ampflifier built in.

I appreciate the suggestions, the two phones I was considering the most were the Sony and HTC so that does help. Very unfortunately though Verizon is a CDMA carrier, GSM phones just simply won't work. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #582 of 7,916
You have no idea how much I wished that the vivo X5 Max was compatible with the U.S. Lte bands. I don't even think that it has Google store in it.

Same with me. It is just perfect for my needs and now even more as the Platinum Edition with a 4150mAh battery and better specs is announced/ released. The prices in europe are outrageous, if you luckily find an offer, it almost like there is a bitten fruit on them.

Quote:
  I appreciate the suggestions, the two phones I was considering the most were the Sony and HTC so that does help. Very unfortunately though Verizon is a CDMA carrier, GSM phones just simply won't work. 

Then get the One M9, it is better than the Z3/Z3+ soundwise.
Another option would be to simply wait. The smartphone market is revolving extremely fast. Maybe Sony will release a music dedicated smartphone or a new flagship(the announced s60/s70?) as there are rumors about Music Edition Zx model...

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #585 of 7,916
  Well those 3 will be really expensive. Posibly that will be a little price drop on current phones after that. S70 could be between 850$ and 920$.

I'm hoping the price premium is partly due to Sony's own S-Master digital amp found in Walkman DAPs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back