Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #541 of 7,916
A 2nd hand iPhone 4.

Jul 16, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #542 of 7,916
You're wrong coz the One mini 2 has a better SQ than the One M8! I didn't bought it because I need a bigger screen, please note that according to customers' reviews the Z3 compact sounds better than its bigger sibling. Minis are great for the one who doesn't care about the screen size.

Interesting view. 

I had the chance to test a few phones throughout my life and the mini versions seemed worse, but it seems there are a few that defy this habbit I had observed. 

I understood that z3 compact is as good as it's full brother, but I never knew that it was better. 

I need a bigger screen too. this is why I do not buy minis anymore. 

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #543 of 7,916
The lumia 640 is dead cheap, has a fast and fluid OS, a good camera, a great battery (which is replaceable) and a SD card slot. The sound (with headphones) is really very very good. I am amazed by it.  Get a 128Gb SD card and go!

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:49 PM Post #544 of 7,916
  The lumia 640 is dead cheap, has a fast and fluid OS, a good camera, a great battery (which is replaceable) and a SD card slot. The sound (with headphones) is really very very good. I am amazed by it.  Get a 128Gb SD card and go!

It is a rather small phone, and is limited to windows phone OS. Besides these problems, it is great!

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #545 of 7,916
Is there a good alternative to the mini 2 in terms of audio quality and the price not more than 200€. I don't like the fact that the mini 2 doesn't get any software updates in the future.

Honestly, since Jellybean I didn't found any real deal within android updates except for the slight changes in the UI, my z3 is running Lollipop 5.0.2 but seems to have same usability as it was on kitkat 4.4.4, OS version must not be a deal breaker when you're looking for the best SQ in an affordable device

Jul 17, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #546 of 7,916
Honestly, since Jellybean I didn't found any real deal within android updates except for the slight changes in the UI, my z3 is running Lollipop 5.0.2 but seems to have same usability as it was on kitkat 4.4.4, OS version must not be a deal breaker when you're looking for the best SQ in an affordable device

the new way apps are optimized in lollipop is very important. Also 64 bit processing is extremely important in lollipop update

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #552 of 7,916

and how does it stand against an iPhone 6 or a M9, for example?

Idol 3 is a flagship priced at mid end price. It feels like a premium smartphone, but build on a cheap side. 

The only real downside it actually has is that the power button is on the left with volume on the right. 

Sound wise, all are more or less the same, Idol 3 5.5" has that DAC, and it produces satisfacatory sound. You cannot compare any of these with a fiio x5 in my view, but all of them produce sound good enough to use daily. 

but idol 3 costs 250$, when an iphone costs 1000$
basshead.gif

It provides a decent to great experience, of a mid-high flagship. If you have an iphone 6, do not change it, if you have anything below idol 3, it is a very good upgrade. this is how I see it.

Jul 20, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #553 of 7,916
  Idol 3 is a flagship priced at mid end price. It feels like a premium smartphone, but build on a cheap side. 

The only real downside it actually has is that the power button is on the left with volume on the right. 

Sound wise, all are more or less the same, Idol 3 5.5" has that DAC, and it produces satisfacatory sound. You cannot compare any of these with a fiio x5 in my view, but all of them produce sound good enough to use daily. 

but idol 3 costs 250$, when an iphone costs 1000$
basshead.gif

It provides a decent to great experience, of a mid-high flagship. If you have an iphone 6, do not change it, if you have anything below idol 3, it is a very good upgrade. this is how I see it.

Yeah, currently I own a moto g 2013 and an old iPod Classic 7 gen, the SQ of the moto g is awful compared to the iPod but unfortunately my classic died, I'm not that audiophile but I do want something that sounds good enough and I don't want to carry 2 portable devices, neither to spend that much money on something like the iPhone or M9. Thanks man, I think I will go for the Idol.

Jul 21, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #554 of 7,916
hello guys, 

im new here. sorry for my bad english. i have a question. before i ask i want to let you guys know that im new to this all and have 0 knowledge. i wont fool myself and believe i will be able to catch up on you. i was gifted by god with much intelligence. i know that and i can live with that. i became a carpenter and  made the best out of my situation - building bespoke furniture.

i have a blackberry q10 with some noname overear headphones. my only source for music is spotify premium. im not satisfied with my setup and want to to upgrade it. so getting a solid dap without being able to use spotify offline is not an option.
so i read a bit through the forum and got more questions than answers but at least i found some options and now i need your help to pick up the "best" one for me.

1. i know i need to buy new headphones. i chose the ma750 from rha. 90€
  a: keep blackberry and buy a dap with dac option (fiio x3/ dx90) and connect them.
  b: buy a new phone. htc m9 or galaxy note 4 and tune it with viper4android.
3. if i choose option 2a do i need anything else like an amp? fiio e12
4. if i choose option 2b do i need still to get a dac and amp? fiio e17 + fiio 12

thanks for help and i really appreciate every answer and effort

Jul 21, 2015 at 9:14 AM Post #555 of 7,916
hello guys, 

im new here. sorry for my bad english. i have a question. before i ask i want to let you guys know that im new to this all and have 0 knowledge. i wont fool myself and believe i will be able to catch up on you. i was gifted by god with much intelligence. i know that and i can live with that. i became a carpenter and  made the best out of my situation - building bespoke furniture.

i have a blackberry q10 with some noname overear headphones. my only source for music is spotify premium. im not satisfied with my setup and want to to upgrade it. so getting a solid dap without being able to use spotify offline is not an option.
so i read a bit through the forum and got more questions than answers but at least i found some options and now i need your help to pick up the "best" one for me.

1. i know i need to buy new headphones. i chose the ma750 from rha. 90€
  a: keep blackberry and buy a dap with dac option (fiio x3/ dx90) and connect them.
  b: buy a new phone. htc m9 or galaxy note 4 and tune it with viper4android.
3. if i choose option 2a do i need anything else like an amp? fiio e12
4. if i choose option 2b do i need still to get a dac and amp? fiio e17 + fiio 12

thanks for help and i really appreciate every answer and effort

Keep BB plus buy FiiO E06 and the RHA MA750. Then from there, when you have the budget, get a really good IEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back