Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2017 at 2:03 PM Post #7,696 of 7,916
Anybody has references of the Huawei p10? I love this phone but I read that the audio isn't good enough. Now I have a htc m8 and I'm looking a phone that sounds as good as the m8. Not the front speakers that I will miss of course, the jack output that I use everyday. Yep, HTC 10 should be my first option but I don't like the desing too much. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #7,699 of 7,916
Hi

I have owned two HTC one M8's as I read here that the audio was relatively good. I was happy with it, but both broke.

I am looking for a smartphone with fairly good audio. I don't need the best, but I had a Moto E and that was not good enough. 

I don't need a new model, but I want to spend under £200. So either used or new. I have been looking at the Motorola Moto G4 and G5, but have no idea of the audio quality?

Any recommendations in this price range, old or new?

Thanks

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #7,700 of 7,916
  Hi

I have owned two HTC one M8's as I read here that the audio was relatively good. I was happy with it, but both broke.

I am looking for a smartphone with fairly good audio. I don't need the best, but I had a Moto E and that was not good enough. 

I don't need a new model, but I want to spend under £200. So either used or new. I have been looking at the Motorola Moto G4 and G5, but have no idea of the audio quality?

Any recommendations in this price range, old or new?

Thanks

Letv x800 

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:40 AM Post #7,701 of 7,916
Hi thanks for the suggestion, but after reading a few bits I dont think that phone will be right for me

Can anyone list the top 5 phones you could get for audio in the UK, for under £200 used or new?  Ive been trawlin through this thread but it's hard to come to any conclusion

Anyone know what the sound on the Moto G4 or Moto G5 is like. I have just found the Moto phones to be very reliable and that is important to me too

thanks

Apr 24, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #7,703 of 7,916
  Hi thanks for the suggestion, but after reading a few bits I dont think that phone will be right for me

Can anyone list the top 5 phones you could get for audio in the UK, for under £200 used or new?  Ive been trawlin through this thread but it's hard to come to any conclusion

Anyone know what the sound on the Moto G4 or Moto G5 is like. I have just found the Moto phones to be very reliable and that is important to me too

thanks

Hi i just placed an order for an LG v10 via ebay UK for £210 (brand new) , the seller is from china. V10 will receive nougat and is still a beast of a phone. I know some boot loop issues reported for it. The seller has offered 1 year warranty. 

For around £200 i think its the best option for us in the UK currently.

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #7,704 of 7,916
Onkyo Granbeat
smily_headphones1.gif

I refuse to pay almost twice as much for a phone then I did for my Onkyo TX-DS787 AV receiver.

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #7,705 of 7,916
Thanks for the suggestion. SO this phone has good audio quality without any external amp etc?

I have never ordered from asian countries befoee. What happens if things go wrong do you think its nightmare to sort out?

And does anyone have any experience with the Moto G4 and Moto G5 for audio quality? Just because they are so readily available

thanks again

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #7,706 of 7,916
Is there a phone with good audio that isnt massive! The LG V10 looks good, but its way too big for me. 

I really just need a phone that has good audio, I dont watch movies or use many apps etc. So a smaller phone is essential....I see so many people with phones that look like tablets nowadays! Not very practical :)

Apr 24, 2017 at 7:41 AM Post #7,707 of 7,916
  Is there a phone with good audio that isnt massive! The LG V10 looks good, but its way too big for me. 

I really just need a phone that has good audio, I dont watch movies or use many apps etc. So a smaller phone is essential....I see so many people with phones that look like tablets nowadays! Not very practical :)

You can take a look on the Meizu Pro 6 

Apr 24, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #7,708 of 7,916

Or Axon 7 mini, same size. Otherwise check:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/662095/best-smartphone-for-audiophile/6810#post_13272542

Apr 24, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #7,710 of 7,916
The boot loop cause in case of the LG v10 is the hardware. Basically the heat sink pads for the processor are useless. ~some thermal paste and new pads after you reflow the chip should be good enough to solve the issue. 

The nexus 6p seems like a different issue, Its interesting to see this is happening to non LG devices maybe google is at fault as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back