Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2017 at 10:55 PM Post #7,666 of 7,916

Chinese phones though... very questionable quality and usually horrible softwares.
As a long time purchaser of chinese electronics these are typically the faults of 95%+ of them.

There are no other options.
I would keep an eye on ZTE or Motorola.

But for now I'm fine with my HTC 10 and I will stay with it for some time.

ZTE is a Chinese company. What you're saying makes no sense.

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #7,667 of 7,916
  Well, can't say 100% myself, depends on the time frame, when the fault on V10s was discovered / documented / analyzed and the production state of the V20s at that point in time, if they designed / started assembling already etc.

Next model after V20 will be safe from that one specific fault for sure, they tend to be extra cautious after such monumental mess-ups.

can i say the g6 is now 100% safe for bootloop?

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #7,668 of 7,916
I have bit the bullet and bought my self a V10 h961n  new from ebay. Got it for around £200 on ebay. It is due to receive nougat and it seems like an upgrade in every way to my Meizu MX4 pro. Lets see how it goes.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #7,672 of 7,916
HTC 10   -  I just tested one,  model  2PS6500.       The sound quality is okay,  clean, clear, balanced.    Mid-Fi.  Good for casual listening.
But not in the same league as Meizu Pro 5.      Compare to HTC 10,  Meizu Pro 5 has much much much better level of realism.
Meizu Pro 5 is still the most Hi Fi phone I have tried.  The ESS 9018 DAC is about bringing out the 'inner details, 'inner textures',  creating realism.

Need some time, and very good IEM to notice / appreciate the difference.   (I am using Westone Pro 50)

To make Meizu Pro 5 have proper Hi-Fi sounding, must do the following 2 things,  otherwise  Meizu Pro 5's sound is JUNK.
1) Flash to 4.x.x firmware
2) Root,  and  remove  MusicFX.apk

Apr 21, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #7,675 of 7,916
Not about sound, but important thing: how many hours of active screen do you get at xplay6? For instance, when listening to music online? or... browsing via 4G... Thanks!
p.s. LG G6 is already being sold in Ukraine, but battery 3300 is not funny at all...

Sorry. This week I was at offshore so internet connection is rough so cannot test it out. But I see @Gusse has answered for you.

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #7,676 of 7,916
  HTC 10   -  I just tested one,  model  2PS6500.       The sound quality is okay,  clean, clear, balanced.    Mid-Fi.  Good for casual listening.
But not in the same league as Meizu Pro 5.      Compare to HTC 10,  Meizu Pro 5 has much much much better level of realism.
Meizu Pro 5 is still the most Hi Fi phone I have tried.  The ESS 9018 DAC is about bringing out the 'inner details, 'inner textures',  creating realism.

Need some time, and very good IEM to notice / appreciate the difference.   (I am using Westone Pro 50)

To make Meizu Pro 5 have proper Hi-Fi sounding, must do the following 2 things,  otherwise  Meizu Pro 5's sound is JUNK.
1) Flash to 4.x.x firmware
2) Root,  and  remove  MusicFX.apk

Have the music fx app on my axon 7 mini, felt wrong having something like that on stock version, will have to try disabling it if it makes any difference. But after the b12 eu update most issues it had with audio output have been solved, curios if it will change anything.
What purpose does it serve on our phones,  anyone know?

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #7,677 of 7,916
Have the music fx app on my axon 7 mini, felt wrong having something like that on stock version, will have to try disabling it if it makes any difference. But after the b12 eu update most issues it had with audio output have been solved, curios if it will change anything.
What purpose does it serve on our phones,  anyone know?

serve it as DSP I think.

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #7,678 of 7,916
sorry for my mistake, didn't know Pro 6 Plus exists at all,      I thought their newest model is Pro 6, with MTK CPU.
Looks like Pro 6 Plus is a totally different animal,  much better CPU,  much better DAC.  should name it Pro 7.

I think Meizu made mistake on their OS upgrades,  newer 5.x.x.x and 6.x.x.x  decreased audio fidelity   by adding special dsp and filtering software.   These changes can make a $10 ear bud sound better,  but negative impact on good hi fi ear buds.

And this audio quality decreasing... Is impossible to be fixed using other player?
To be honest, I didn't notice but I'm not a very good audiophile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back