Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #5,237 of 7,916
from digital out, to your analogue earphones... so whatever this might be inside the package, it will be its own digital audio converter, DAC. not Sabre inside phone.
(is it really ESS inside? for the small speakers? )

Nov 16, 2016 at 3:24 PM Post #5,238 of 7,916
from digital out, to your analogue earphones... so whatever this might be inside the package, it will be its own digital audio converter, DAC. not Sabre inside phone.

You are right No ESS. Just sound card on snapdragon.

Nov 16, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #5,239 of 7,916

Rumour spec of new vivo flagship as your determination (burning wallet price as well)

Nov 16, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #5,240 of 7,916

Rumour spec of new vivo flagship as your determination (burning wallet price as well)

Look so interesting but the phone itself is so small.......... 

With a 5.5", I probably wouldn't be able to write anything at all 
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 7:57 PM Post #5,241 of 7,916

Look so interesting but the phone itself is so small.......... 

With a 5.5", I probably wouldn't be able to write anything at all 
biggrin.gif

There would be wild plus version appears (อิ_อิ)

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #5,243 of 7,916

It's some unidentified (but very good) USB 2.0 chip inside the stock USB-C DAC. VID is 0x262A and PID is 0x1534.

Nov 16, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #5,244 of 7,916
Anyone tried lg v20 and compare It with v10

I have and I find that the V20 is a worthy successor.
The audio isn't that far off between the two, but the V20 is slightly better.

The only issue with the V20 is if you use anything else but the stock LG player such as PowerAMP ALPHA 704, the Hi-Res audio is down sampled to 48kHz...still Hi-Res, but not true to the original track if it has a higher sampling rate.
I'm hoping that PowerAMP will resolve this issue like they did with the V10.

Nov 16, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #5,245 of 7,916
vivo Xplay6 with ES9038 + 3*OPA1622 ? is there a smartphone with higher configuration to beat this? V20's quad dacs ? 

Nov 17, 2016 at 2:03 AM Post #5,247 of 7,916
  What do you think about xiaomi mi5 ?

as a phone, it's fine with a nice screen, pocketable size, decent battery, and a wide range of available roms. as a media player, it's meh: the loudspeaker is actually not loud at all, and the headphone output is mediocre, just like any generic phone with sd820. either you buy an external dac/amp to use with the mi5, or find an other phone.

speaking of external dac: this geek out dac might complete phones pretty well. it's a bit power hungry, but should sound great if it gets proper voltage out of the usb port of the phone.

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #5,248 of 7,916
as a phone, it's fine with a nice screen, pocketable size, decent battery, and a wide range of available roms. as a media player, it's meh: the loudspeaker is actually not loud at all, and the headphone output is mediocre, just like any generic phone with sd820. either you buy an external dac/amp to use with the mi5, or find an other phone.

speaking of external dac: this geek out dac might complete phones pretty well. it's a bit power hungry, but should sound great if it gets proper voltage out of the usb port of the phone.

The geek out V1 is not suitable for phones. As you say power hungry.

I did get mine working with a Moto X but the battery was flat within 30 minutes... Not that practical a solution.

Nov 17, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #5,249 of 7,916
The geek out V1 is not suitable for phones. As you say power hungry.

I did get mine working with a Moto X but the battery was flat within 30 minutes... Not that practical a solution.

Y splitter with power supply might can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back