Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2016 at 8:30 PM Post #1,816 of 7,916
ANATEL is full of ********, sorry to say like that. But the thing is that only smartphones not certified by ANATEL and international companies like FCC would it work, the rest is free to go.
The Pro 5 has an army of music components and so has the Mi Note Pro, but I think is worth the wait for the Pro 5 mini.
Big screens are great but I use phone with one hand a lot and don't have huge pockets.

Jan 10, 2016 at 11:10 PM Post #1,818 of 7,916
Yeah. Pro 5 is quite expensive for importing. Maybe you should wait for Pro 5 mini. it should reduce cost a lot.

Jan 11, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #1,820 of 7,916
It is costly but it's a risk. I want wait for the Pro 5 mini cause of the size, 5.7" is too much for me.

I like BlackBerry a lot, the Priv and the Passport got my attention with good audio experience.

Jan 11, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #1,822 of 7,916
Was looking forum of VIVO (bbs.vivo.com.cn). Seems like they delete most of messages related to X6 series problems. Not very nice, if it's really so. Also they write "sorry" as reply to questions related to rooting. As this would cause problems with firmware, etc., thus, loosing warranty. But who pushes users to root the phones? It's their own responsibility! But I guess it should be freedom of choice. VIVO has too much bloatware, that I want to delete. Also, I use TitaniumBackup, that requires root, some other programs. XPosed library for additional customization...

In short, NO VIVO in nearest future :) But if someone is interested, there's already version with 4000mAh battery and... Qualcomm 615 :-D

Jan 12, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #1,823 of 7,916
I can find Meizu MX 4 Pro (unfortunately just 16GB) for around $185 do you believe that this is still a great smartphone that won't need any extra DAC to carry around?
I believe that I will hate the limited storage but i also think that I won't carry around more than 1 device with me. so I'm still trying to compromise everything.

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #1,824 of 7,916
I can find Meizu MX 4 Pro (unfortunately just 16GB) for around $185 do you believe that this is still a great smartphone that won't need any extra DAC to carry around?
I believe that I will hate the limited storage but i also think that I won't carry around more than 1 device with me. so I'm still trying to compromise everything.

You should consider Pro 5 instead. It has micro sd extend up to 128 GB and now price become lower and acceptable. 

Jan 12, 2016 at 11:45 PM Post #1,825 of 7,916
You should consider Pro 5 instead. It has micro sd extend up to 128 GB and now price become lower and acceptable. 

Sorry but I think there can't be any comparison at all between the 2 models, the best price for Pro 5 is $425 so I can't really find it actually acceptable or that much lower especially when MX4 Pro costs $185.
I don't know if there are any more reputable international sellers that offer Pro 5 under $300 for example.

Jan 13, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #1,826 of 7,916

Hello
The mx4 pro is compatible otg so you can buy a micro sd otg reader and put a micro sd to extend storage

Jan 13, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #1,827 of 7,916

DELETED

My bad, that was non-PRO model.

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #1,828 of 7,916
Where did you find the MX4 Pro for $185? And how much is the MX4 at the same retailer?
Go to meizu.com/en and see the HiFi system in the MX4 Pro. You'll see that it's pretty capable of handling bigger headphones.

I've never thought about the OTG thing, this can really solve any storage problems.

Have you guys tried the Alcatel Touch Idol 3? It seems they have pretty clean audio output besides limited volume so no high impedance iems. It got my attention.

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #1,830 of 7,916
Hi guys, I'm interested in a cellphone with a good DAC. Not looking at iPhones, HTCs or Samsungs because being a father to a 3-year-old means I'm after a not-too-expensive phone that can take a few drops.

I'm looking for one with 5 inches display (or 5.2 max, will never go 5.5 and above), SD card slot and reasonably good battery life. Meizu's MX4 and 5 (non-pro) were eliminated bcos they don't have card slots, which leaves Vivo X5 or Pro. Or maybe, the HTC M8 (much cheaper than the current M9).

Would be playing FLACs and MP3s and connecting the cellphone to IEMs, so I'm not fussy about the amp component. Would like Spotify premium or Tidal lossless too, however I've heard that they will only use the stock phone DAC and not the Hifi DAC. Has this been rectified yet?

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back