Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #1,756 of 7,916
Did you just say, that you "Zeroed" on the Qiku Q Terra.. Meaning you spent all your money on it? That's awesome!! I haven't heard someone do that yet! But I am a seldom gamer who still remembers using terms like that... Lol..

Please, don't stop using this terms. I'm brazilian and love new words, you just thought me two in your post: zeroed and seldom, awesome!

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #1,757 of 7,916
It's a shame the Nexus devices don't have good audio, made a search on the 5X and it's output is pretty low resulting on low volume.

No idea about the 2015 models, but original N5 I'am using right now has really nice DAC along with proper implementation and audio libs. I'am tempted to even exaggerate just a little bit and say that it's miles better than MX3. Great bluetooth audio out as well.

Jan 6, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #1,758 of 7,916
No idea about the 2015 models, but original N5 I'am using right now has really nice DAC along with proper implementation and audio libs. I'am tempted to even exaggerate just a little bit and say that it's miles better than MX3. Great bluetooth audio out as well.

Well, I can say by reading those reviews from GSMarena, PhoneArena, so on. But other thing the bothers me is the limited storage, it can have no slot for cards but at least shhoud have a 64GB option, the Nexus 6P is too big.
I had no idea about the Nexus 5 was that good, it was launched a commom phone and got better each update. Was really cool see that happen.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:10 AM Post #1,759 of 7,916
Anyone already owns Lenovo Vibe X3? It has the same filling as most of other audiophones. I'm looking forward to hear comparison with Meizu Pro 5. The latter one has worse display, than Lenovo. IPS vs. AMOLED... Besides AMOLEDing, Meizu has low max brightness, distorted grey color and worse battery (3000 vs 3600). So Lenovo looks a preferrable choice.

Even though to be honest, I like i-phonish design and larger screen in Meizu more...

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #1,760 of 7,916
  Anyone already owns Lenovo Vibe X3? It has the same filling as most of other audiophones. I'm looking forward to hear comparison with Meizu Pro 5. The latter one has worse display, than Lenovo. IPS vs. AMOLED... Besides AMOLEDing, Meizu has low max brightness, distorted grey color and worse battery (3000 vs 3600). So Lenovo looks a preferrable choice.

Even though to be honest, I like i-phonish design and larger screen in Meizu more...

mine arrived yesterday
smily_headphones1.gif
. Still loading tunes up on and need to get a nano sim, but seems to sound very nice brief listen. You also get the stereo dolby speakers on the top/bottom of the phone, a review on youtube said the camera is a bit better than meizu aswell, though I cant compare them myself

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #1,761 of 7,916
Lenovo vibe x3 is quite a good choice at reasonable price.

connected to earphone, give near SQ as xiaomi mi note.

The speaker is great as well, better than HTC M8.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #1,764 of 7,916
Xiaomi sounds like a pile of crap compared to the Pro 5. After listening more to this device, i wonder how they`re not ashamed of themselves calling this thing a "HI-FI" device. My Oneplus One had better sound than this one. 
Battery live is also great on Pro 5.

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:28 PM Post #1,765 of 7,916
How do you know the DAC inside the MX4 é o WM8281, never could find it. What is the DAC inside the L925? I imagine is the Qualcomm's one...xP

I need a good sounding smartphone...

The Qualcomm dac is not that crap if it has been implemented the way it should. Most audiophile smartphones runs on Qualcomm dac with special amplifiers and softwares

Jan 7, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #1,766 of 7,916
One question, the Pro 5 can drive high impedance headphone ? (Like beyerdynamic dt 990 600 ohms for example)

Even high end dedicated daps struggles to support 300 ohms headphones. Even the loudest smartphone (HTC One M9) can barely feed 100 ohms full size cans, I had it and tested it with a plethora of iems, on ear and over the ear headphones from 8 to 300 ohms. You will have to invest in a good portable amplifier to get the full potential of a Beyerdynamic rated at 600 ohms

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:53 PM Post #1,767 of 7,916
The Pro 5 has a great and powerful output. it can drive a 250 ohms headphone (dt 880) so maybe more ? I think it's possible. But i've also a great portable amp / dac (Fiio E18).  So, I look to buy a beyerdynamic dt 990 @ 250 or 600 ohms.

Jan 7, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #1,768 of 7,916
One question, the Pro 5 can drive high impedance headphone ? (Like beyerdynamic dt 990 600 ohms for example)

http://www.ti.com/product/opa1612

Here are the specs of the op-amp and some "respectable"reviews (iphonearena/gsmarena) suggest that it is crazily loud for a smartphone and an audio device in general...
It has a very output voltage(iphonearena) and generally very high volume levels(gsmarena), thus I presume it would drive the 990s in some sort of way, not in such a way as two monoblock tube amplifiers do, but still "drive" them nonetheless...

Jan 7, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,769 of 7,916

Meizu says it can push/drive up to 300 ohms headphones, I think double that would be ask too much from a smartphone. I can't see any cenario where I would listen music on my phone with a huge over the ear, I hope you guys do it at home.

The Qualcomm dac is not that crap if it has been implemented the way it should. Most audiophile smartphones runs on Qualcomm dac with special amplifiers and softwares

I don't think Windows Phone has those great libs like Android does, besides it's not loud so if some day I wanted to buy a better iem I couldn't buy to use on it.

http://www.ti.com/product/opa1612

Here are the specs of the op-amp and some "respectable"reviews (iphonearena/gsmarena) suggest that it is crazily loud for a smartphone and an audio device in general...
It has a very output voltage(iphonearena) and generally very high volume levels(gsmarena), thus I presume it would drive the 990s in some sort of way, not in such a way as two monoblock tube amplifiers do, but still "drive" them nonetheless...

Remembering that the Pro 5 has another bunch of hardware to make it sounds as good as it can.

Jan 7, 2016 at 7:15 PM Post #1,770 of 7,916
Xiaomi sounds like a pile of crap compared to the Pro 5. After listening more to this device, i wonder how they`re not ashamed of themselves calling this thing a "HI-FI" device. My Oneplus One had better sound than this one. 
Battery live is also great on Pro 5.

I find xiaomi as a very good source for music. It even gave SQ better than fiio x3ii. Clear and transparent sound with good soundstage . natural bass is what i love. Even headphone shop owner and sound engineer friend in my city said it is great as well. Maybe it is not sound tone you like, I think?

Cuz meizu is warm tone but xiaomi kinda bright. Maybe it is just preference or matching with earphone.

Forget to share. Xiaomi audio module has great capacitor from panasonic and great two asynchrounus clocks as well. After burnt in 200 hr, sound is so good comparable to meizu.

And new firmware makes the sound more wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back