Best Smartphone for audiophile
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 3, 2016 at 5:44 AM Post #1,726 of 7,916
The M9 battery life in my experience is great with light usage (music), one of the very best as far as Android is concerned, crashes down if you use it heavily - but YMMV

Jan 3, 2016 at 9:56 AM Post #1,728 of 7,916
Howva,

My gfs m9+ works great. She doesn't play any graphic intensive games. She said she never has issue with her phone lagging or overheating.... Perhaps do a bit more research on the phone itself?? But honestly, the m9+ sounds better than the m9 I auditioned...

Jan 3, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #1,729 of 7,916
Howva,

My gfs m9+ works great. She doesn't play any graphic intensive games. She said she never has issue with her phone lagging or overheating.... Perhaps do a bit more research on the phone itself?? But honestly, the m9+ sounds better than the m9 I auditioned...

I did do research on the phone, I watched a video review and the guy said he had trouble running Clash of Clans which is supposed to not be very graphics intensive. I don't play many games either so it should be okay I guess.

Jan 3, 2016 at 11:34 AM Post #1,730 of 7,916
Playing with the m9 in stores it had no lag, compares to all the Samsung devices s6, note 5 etc all lagged. The m9 doesn't seem any faster than the m8 I have, and battery life might be slightly less but it will definitely get you through a day or 2 by the sounds of your usage.

Jan 3, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #1,731 of 7,916
The M9 battery life in my experience is great with light usage (music), one of the very best as far as Android is concerned, crashes down if you use it heavily - but YMMV

What is 'YMMV'? Sorry for the dumb question but I'm curious...

How's the M9 now with the over heating issue? I've also heard it's battery life is abysmal. I'm not a crazy user, I keep data turned off most of the time and use it only occasionally to check FB or Maps. I only really play Tetris. The overheating and battery life was really turning me off the M9 and the lack of quick charge and from what I've heard poorer processor is turning me off the M9+. I do like the fingerprint scanner though. arrgh I'm just trying not to make a bad decision. thanks for your help everyone

I like a lot of Mediatek SoCs, of course the MT6795 is no reference on performance but it's good enough for everything. The M9 should have gotten the 1440p screen and the M9+ the 1080p one to keep things well balanced.

I did do research on the phone, I watched a video review and the guy said he had trouble running Clash of Clans which is supposed to not be very graphics intensive. I don't play many games either so it should be okay I guess.

Clash of Clans is playable even on the lowest end smartphones with no trouble, in this case I think the issue is somewhere else.

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:30 PM Post #1,732 of 7,916
Just returned my v10. As much as I liked it. I just couldn't fully convert. As far as the HiFi DAC it's noticeable. But not enough for me to justify the purchase and committing to one phone.

I'm thinking I'll jump on the next Note or Galaxy Edge series

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,733 of 7,916
Just returned my v10. As much as I liked it. I just couldn't fully convert. As far as the HiFi DAC it's noticeable. But not enough for me to justify the purchase and committing to one phone.

Don't get it why you couldn't convert, isn't it Android too? If you didn't like the LG's UI just change the launcher, download a new player and so on...

Jan 3, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,734 of 7,916

The next Samsungs won't even have a micro sd slot or swappable battery.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #1,737 of 7,916

Personally i hate the Samsung UI for the big brands it has imo the worst UI, my fav is by far the Sense. That said wait and see what HTC (doesnt have removable battery) and LG will bring next.

Jan 4, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #1,738 of 7,916
  How's the M9 now with the over heating issue? I've also heard it's battery life is abysmal. I'm not a crazy user, I keep data turned off most of the time and use it only occasionally to check FB or Maps. I only really play Tetris. The overheating and battery life was really turning me off the M9 and the lack of quick charge and from what I've heard poorer processor is turning me off the M9+. I do like the fingerprint scanner though. arrgh I'm just trying not to make a bad decision. thanks for your help everyone

The M9+ has a completely different CPU, so no overheating...
But it still has no quick-charge...
The normal M9 has it, but HTC doesn´t deliver it with a quick charge power chord...

Jan 4, 2016 at 7:02 PM Post #1,740 of 7,916
Is Qiku Q Terra 808 sonically great? Thanks in advance

Can´t find anything on the 808 version, but the Terra 810("Exclusive Edition" or "High-End") is an audiophile powerhouse, ESS Dac, TI op-amps, similar to the Meizu (Pro5, MX Pro4). So I suppose that it is very loud(4 op-amps) / driving and detailed(ESS) with a tad warmth (TI op-amps) added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back